• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
www.trueachievements.com

Xbox sale round-up June 21st, 2022

Discounts on 2URVIVE, Doughlings: Invasion, Indiecalypse, Wintermoor Tactics Club, Clan N, YesterMorrow, Ruined King: A League of Legends Story and more

Big sale on indie games, lots of hidden gems.

Can personally recommend Disjunction, Arise: A Simple Story, Mark of the Ninja Remastered, Relicta and a bunch more

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Ruined King Deluxe Edition for $25.99 is a great deal, I definitely recommend the game at that price.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Been waiting for Crysis Remastered to be on sale again. I wish it was the whole trilogy instead of individual games being on sale (2 and 3 were on sale last week)

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hmm, nothing there for me this week

Some good games on sale though, but I either have them or they'll still a little too steep for someone with a backlog and GPU

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
Pretty sure that's the cheapest the Hotline Miami collection has been.

Some good deals this week.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Really sucks that hotline Miami 2 was banned here (and still is, despite a r18 rating now) so we can't even buy the collection. Not worth the time and money to reclassify it I guess.

If it makes you feel any better it's a step down in terms of gameplay, though the story and music are great

I liked it at the time, and did beat it, but I tried to replay them a few years ago and 1 still holds up, but 2 is really frustrating. It's mostly restarting because you were shot by an enemy off screen for the 20th time in a row

I gave up on my replay of 2 after a few hours, whereas I still had a really good time with 1

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I gave Crysis remastered over a year, just to be safe it didn't drop on game pass, so figure its time at that price.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Ha, finally got Hotline Miami Collection.
Already played the first one several times on PC and the sequel once on PS4 but never owned the Xbox versions.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Really sucks that hotline Miami 2 was banned here (and still is, despite a r18 rating now) so we can't even buy the collection. Not worth the time and money to reclassify it I guess.

1. Buy US Xbox gift card on Amazon
2. Switch console region to Usa
3. Buy game with gift card credit
4. Switch back
5. Enjoy one of the best indie games ever

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
1. Buy US Xbox gift card on Amazon
2. Switch console region to Usa
3. Buy game with gift card credit
4. Switch back
5. Enjoy one of the best indie games ever
I honestly hated Hotline Miami 2 after loving Hotline Miami 1, the game got too bloated and the level design was too open and large, there were a lot of instances you could be spotted by something off screen and just had to do trial and error to get through. I just generally remember it being a slog and was very let down.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly hated Hotline Miami 2 after loving Hotline Miami 1, the game got too bloated and the level design was too open and large, there were a lot of instances you could be spotted by something off screen and just had to do trial and error to get through. I just generally remember it being a slog and was very let down.

🤷
I thought it was great

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, it was an instance where the sequel adding more to the formula made it worse.

PapaDole

Mar 17, 2022
Metro Exodus Gold was on a good sale so I picked that up, with 2033 and Last Light last week I'm excited to explore the world of Metro

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Metro Exodus Gold was on a good sale so I picked that up, with 2033 and Last Light last week I'm excited to explore the world of Metro

When you got to play the games make sure to go into the settings and select controller sensitivity Preset 2 on each game. It changes the aiming deadzone from a square to a circle so you can aim diagonally.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic deals this week for me.

I picked up:
  • Life is Strange 2: Complete Season
  • Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (excited for that FPS Boost)
  • Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection (again, purchased because the collection has FPS Boost)
  • Metro Exodus Gold Edition
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising
All paid for by MS Rewards credit. Plus I got 4,000 MS Rewards points back from the MS Rewards punch card.

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Shadow Tactics seems like a bunch of fun, but this is the second time trying the trial, and I'm just constantly fighting the camera controls.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Shadow Tactics seems like a bunch of fun, but this is the second time trying the trial, and I'm just constantly fighting the camera controls.
Are you playing it "real-time" tactics like or more "paused" tactics like? Cause I think there should be not much of a problem with the camera, if you play thr game at its slow pace.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Are you playing it "real-time" tactics like or more "paused" tactics like? Cause I think there should be not much of a problem with the camera, if you play thr game at its slow pace.
It's more a thing of I wish scrolling was on RT with the right stick, and rotate/zoom was just the right stick by itself. I find myself wanting to rotate the camera more than pan it, especially since I can just tap down on the d-pad to center the camera on my character.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Shout-out to The Final Station and Strange Brigade.

The Final Station is a pretty unique game following your journey on an experimental train amid some kind of catastrophe. Combined some survival elements and light management during train journeys with some curious storytelling

S trange Brigade is my favorite game by Rebellion, even following their recent (and stellar) showing with Sniper Elite V. It's an incredibly fun stage-based TPS that follows a tongue in cheek relic hunter style. Combined the well refined sniper gameplay with magic and some really rather fun puzzle solving and treasure hunting. Only downside is it's stuck at 30fps.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Fantastic deals this week for me.

I picked up:
  • Life is Strange 2: Complete Season
  • Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (excited for that FPS Boost)
  • Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection (again, purchased because the collection has FPS Boost)
  • Metro Exodus Gold Edition
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising
All paid for by MS Rewards credit. Plus I got 4,000 MS Rewards points back from the MS Rewards punch card.

Did the rewards net it off for you?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I mean did the points gained = points spent on the games.
Oh, gotcha. Honestly I'm not sure, and I'm not sure where to check now that I've completed the purchases.

I think so though. I think I was at 13kish points this morning and now I have over 19k, so it seemed to add points from my purchases on top of the 4,000 from the punch card. But it's possible I'm remembering wrong as well.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
When you got to play the games make sure to go into the settings and select controller sensitivity Preset 2 on each game. It changes the aiming deadzone from a square to a circle so you can aim diagonally.

Exodus too? I completed the first two, dropped Exodus but wasn't to revisit. I don't remember changing anything.. But that sounds like a helpful tip.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
I know it's on GP but bought Chorus because it's the lowest price I've seen for it (even cheaper than the Steam sale that is going on rn).

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Strange Brigade is my favorite game by Rebellion, even following their recent (and stellar) showing with Sniper Elite V. It's an incredibly fun stage-based TPS that follows a tongue in cheek relic hunter style. Combined the well refined sniper gameplay with magic and some really rather fun puzzle solving and treasure hunting. Only downside is it's stuck at 30fps.
Woah.. I haven't thought about Strange Brigade in a lot of years... Can you play that game solo?

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Buying a game at the Gold price doesn't lock you out from playing it after your Gold sub expires, or have I misremembered that?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Been waiting for Crysis Remastered to be on sale again. I wish it was the whole trilogy instead of individual games being on sale (2 and 3 were on sale last week)

I gave Crysis remastered over a year, just to be safe it didn't drop on game pass, so figure its time at that price.

Aye, it's so damn odd how Crysis Remastered is on EA Play (on PC) since October 2021 but not console. Maybe that's just the arrangement Crytek made with EA (the game is self-published by Crytek). Also I forgot that Crysis Trilogy is still exclusive to Epic; I will give up hope of it coming to EA Play if it doesn't drop this coming October/November.