• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vegetom

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else issues with buying the Asura's Wrath Episode IV pack? Both on website and console. "Try that again. Something happened on our side." The Marketplace link let's me buy the dlc, but keeps loading after payment, so it still fails..

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Copped that Peace Walker and Silent Hill Homecoming. Getting all that funky digitally-available Silent Hill on Xbox.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Is AVP worth buying? Also, is F.E.A.R. 2 easy to follow if you never played the first one?

noinspiration

Jun 22, 2020
How good/how single-player focused are the Tom Clancy games? It's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter/Future Soldier.

Last edited:

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Was Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood always 60fps? I don't remember it running well at all on 360 and I'm pretty sure it's not a FPS boost title, so it's a nice surprise to see. By contrast, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger has a 30fps cap and runs on the same engine with smaller maps iirc.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
How good/how single-player focused are the Tom Clancy games? It's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter/Future Soldier.
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 are, no joke, two of the best games Ubisoft has done. They're just so great I'm always extremely sad the only sequel they got was Siege. Buy them. NOW.

Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2 are really good too, quite innovative and immersive when they came out. Future Soldier skip like the plague.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Is AVP worth buying? Also, is F.E.A.R. 2 easy to follow if you never played the first one?
F.E.A.R 2 is easy to follow, yeah. It's a weird game, as it feels more like a side story that happens to take place in the F.E.A.R universe but is eventually really important to the main overarching narrative.

The DLC for 2 and the main game of F.E.A.R 3 are more closely linked with the characters and events of the first game.

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
Oh why not, I'll bite on Azura's Wrath with all DLC, since my PS3 is probably buried in the basement until eternity

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
How's Hard Corps: Uprising? Is it, like, super difficult?

The old Contra games are a tad too masochistic for me, but I've always wanted to give this one a shake.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm not completely averse to hard games - I have been known enjoy GnG on occasion - so I'll probably throw caution to the wind and give it a punt.

I watched a review before also picking it up this sale and there is a mode that lets you upgrade your characters which apparently makes the game easier as you can replay levels for more points which lets you upgrade your attack/defence/lives. It's called Rising mode

I assume classic arcade mode is hard as hell

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I watched a review before also picking it up this sale and there is a mode that lets you upgrade your characters which apparently makes the game easier as you can replay levels for more points which lets you upgrade your attack/defence/lives. It's called Rising mode

Yeah, Rising mode has permanent upgrades that you can unlock. You can farm the level 2 midboss if you just want to unlock all the items and have a bunch of free time, as it has enemies which constantly respawn as long as you don't kill the boss, so you can just grab a bunch of points.

The standard arcade mode has all the character skills unlocked by default, but it's the standard Contra scheme of limited health and lives.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
F.E.A.R 2 is easy to follow, yeah. It's a weird game, as it feels more like a side story that happens to take place in the F.E.A.R universe but is eventually really important to the main overarching narrative.

The DLC for 2 and the main game of F.E.A.R 3 are more closely linked with the characters and events of the first game.

That's good to know. Maybe I should get it, then.

Matey don't skip the first game

FEAR easily ranks among the all time best shooters

The thing is that, while the first game is BC, it's not available digitally, and I'm not sure I want to spend too much effort hunting down a physical copy.

Alias03

Oct 27, 2017
I know this comes from a place of ignorance, but is there an easy way to see this sale in an app? I'm not super familiar with how Xbox does things and I checked the app and can't even find the store on it.

Do you have to use the webpage? I've always had issues finding things I want and it will switch from the "Xbox" store to the Microsoft store and it always goofs me up. I realize this is probably a "me" problem, so I just thought I'd ask people more knowledgeable than me if they have a solution. Thanks

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Is AVP worth buying?
For the campaign? Depends. The campaign is actually 3 short campaigns where you play as a marine, a xenomorph, and a predator. The marine one is fine, a basic FPS. The Alien one is much more stealth based with you killing humans and predators. The Predator is also stealth based but you're pretty overpowered for most of it.

There's also an Alien horde mode that wasn't that bad but I think Fireteam Elite already fills that hole.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
That's good to know. Maybe I should get it, then.

The thing is that, while the first game is BC, it's not available digitally, and I'm not sure I want to spend too much effort hunting down a physical copy.
Oh yeah I picked one up on eBay for $30 right when they announced it as BC

Honestly, even if you blow $50, the price is worthwhile if you are a big FPS fan

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020

That sounds ideal. Thanks for the heads-up.

Bought.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I remember MS accidentally relisted Downpour 2 years ago and I bought it but MS revoked it a month later and refunded me.

It still works on the Xbox 360 digitally. They can't revoke licenses.

When that happened I had bought both SH: Downpour and Pure, both still work on the 360 digitally after they revoked/refunded them.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It still works on the Xbox 360 digitally. They can't revoke licenses.

When that happened I had bought both SH: Downpour and Pure, both still work on the 360 digitally after they revoked/refunded them.
Good news. I downloaded Silent Hill Downpour on my Xbox 360 and can confirm it plays just fine despite the fact I bought it when it was accidentally listed on the MS store and delisted again , MS revoked my license for the game and refunded my money, and gave me a $10 dollar gift card for the inconvenience.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I know this comes from a place of ignorance, but is there an easy way to see this sale in an app? I'm not super familiar with how Xbox does things and I checked the app and can't even find the store on it.

Do you have to use the webpage? I've always had issues finding things I want and it will switch from the "Xbox" store to the Microsoft store and it always goofs me up. I realize this is probably a "me" problem, so I just thought I'd ask people more knowledgeable than me if they have a solution. Thanks
No to the app.

www.xbox.com

Xbox Games Catalog: All Games | Xbox

Shop our extensive collection of video games in the Xbox game catalog.

I don't think that Microsoft store thing is an issue anymore.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
How hard is Peace Walker going to be to go back to, realistically?

I loved MGS V and I never played PW. But if I'm going to get frustrated with controls or anything else, I think I might prefer to leave it untouched.

Should I stop worrying so much?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

I loved MGS V and I never played PW. But if I'm going to get frustrated with controls or anything else, I think I might prefer to leave it untouched.

I can't comment on the HD version as I only played the first main mission on that, but Peace Walker always felt really small in scale. Like most areas are tiny with only a few enemies in them, and it very clearly felt like a handheld game.

I never understood why they didn't just do a more traditional top down MGS game, rather than going for a TPS.

Progression/structure wise, TPP was very obviously inspired by PW, so you should feel at home there at least. Just keep in mind the boss fights are really designed for co op, and can be a pain in the ass to fight solo. Though again, being able to aim with an analogue stick and not X, O, Triangle, Square, might make it easier lol.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017

Peace Walker is garbage. I say this having played it a few years after release and directly after playing MGS, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4. The story is bad and the gameplay is horrible like even less advanced than MGS1 imo. Also the true ending is locked behind 30 hours of grinding against damage sponge enemies in co-op. I just watched it on YouTube. This is the only good thing from that game.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WFbjOlJRyBw

Grue

Sep 7, 2018

I dunno man, I'm told this came from PW too?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm_CbnS7V3k

Thanks for thoughts on gameplay, more welcome.

Just keep in mind the boss fights are really designed for co op, and can be a pain in the ass to fight solo.

My own ignorance but I had no idea PW had a strong co-op lean.