• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
www.trueachievements.com

Xbox sale round-up July 5th, 2022

Discounts on Hungry Shark World, Hotel Transylvania 3: Monsters Overboard, Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition (Windows), Dead Space, God's Trigger, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD, Liberated: Enhanced Edition and more

The real juice is in the BC section, couple of first time sales

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
binary domain is 9€ (runs at 60fps on series). a lot of great sega/konami sales

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rumble Roses XX is on sale for $7.49

This is the first time it's been on sale since it was made BC since November 2018.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
i love peace walker so much. it's great, especially if you play the whole game in co-op. and if you're really luck, with three other players for the boss fights

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna buy Peace Walker.

Edit: had trouble finding it on the Xbox store. It's listed as: MGS PW HD

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I'm considering Call of Juarez: The Cartel? Like, I know it's bad, but it got delisted on PC and I've always been a little curious even though I know it's bad.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Gonna grab Peace Walker HD since I fear it might get delisted in the future. I know it's not as heavily reliant on licensing as MGS2+MGS3 were, but I don't trust Konami to ever do any follow up on any roadblocks Peace Walker HD's distribution faces in the future and figure this is one of my last chances to get it at a good price.

EDIT: I already have it but I figure ZOE HD Collection probably isn't long for this world either.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Peace walker and Vandal Hearts never go on sale.

Definitely getting these.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna grab Peace Walker HD since I fear it might get delisted in the future. I know it's not as heavily reliant on licensing as MGS2+MGS3 were, but I don't trust Konami to ever do any follow up on any roadblocks Peace Walker HD's distribution faces in the future and figure this is one of my last chances to get it at a good price.

EDIT: I already have it but I figure ZOE HD Collection probably isn't long for this world either.
Just a shame that the Xbox version of ZOE 2 HD never got the patch, the PS3 version with the patch is the way to go IMO (never played ZOE 2 MARS but I assume that version is the best of the three)

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that and Silent Hill Homecoming, Vandal Hearts and Fighting Vipers all seem to be first timers.

Bayonetta and Vanquish BC versions also haven't had a sale in a long time.
I also think frogger 2 is on sale for the first time

I bought silent Hill homecoming, rumble rose xx as well.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just a shame that the Xbox version of ZOE 2 HD never got the patch, the PS3 version with the patch is the way to go IMO (never played ZOE 2 MARS but I assume that version is the best of the three)

I do have MARS as well but oddly enough I never played it. I bought it on sale physically years ago and it's just been kinda on my shelf. Can't say for sure how it stacks up.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Just got Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. Is it as good as the first? I never played it when it came out!

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Is Downpour any good? Had it been on sale before?
Not really. It's a poor man's imitation of Silent Hill with generic designs and creative decisions that honestly should have been in a different franchise.

Homecoming is just as bad for different and similar reasons. It's basically 2008 Trends: The Game and it misunderstands the series it's in pretty hard. Not to mention the cheesy combat, nonsensical story, and bad controls.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Nice, I got the Silent hill games, MGS PW HD, Rumble Roses XX, Vagrant Hearts, Fighting Vipers, Burnout Revenge and Beyond Good & Evil.

In the past 6 months - been building up a b/c collection for my future Xbox Series (going for S since its easy to find).

Planning to get a Series S once I finish my backlog for either WiiU (2 games left) or PS3 (about 8-10 games left) whichever comes first.

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Whoops. I meant Homecoming. Was trying to look up a little bit before I got busy and side tracked, wires crossed.

Homecoming any good out been on sale before?

It's .. mediocre, but it's the first time I've seen the game go on sale, so I'm buying it just for collection's sake lol.

Same for Peace Walker HD.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Silent Hill HD collection still suffer from the problems that people were complaining about early on (e.g. HD exposing graphical defects and stuff)? I'd heard they weren't going to ever bother fixing it.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Is Silent Hill HD Collection worth it for this price? These ports are pretty infamous, but I also have never played these games before so I'm not sure how sensitive I'd be to all the Issues.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Does the Silent Hill HD collection still suffer from the problems that people were complaining about early on (e.g. HD exposing graphical defects and stuff)? I'd heard they weren't going to ever bother fixing it.

Is Silent Hill HD Collection worth it for this price? These ports are pretty infamous, but I also have never played these games before so I'm not sure how sensitive I'd be to all the Issues.

It is the worst way to play the game.

www.resetera.com

Convince me not to buy this Silent Hill HD Collection for the 360...

I just want to play these damn games. I heard this port is infamously bad, but....is it really? Or is it just annoying things that get in the way a bit? My only experience with the series was watching my older brothers play the first game. Since then, I've seen clips and praise of the second...

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I bought Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement, Aliens vs Predator, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Fighting Vipers, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3, and Saints Row 1 and 2 DLC on sale.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
It is the worst way to play the game.

www.resetera.com

Convince me not to buy this Silent Hill HD Collection for the 360...

I just want to play these damn games. I heard this port is infamously bad, but....is it really? Or is it just annoying things that get in the way a bit? My only experience with the series was watching my older brothers play the first game. Since then, I've seen clips and praise of the second...
Welp. Think I'll just get Peace Walker and Asura's Wrath then lol. Thanks.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
For sure grabbing PW as I wouldn't be shocked to see that get delisted in the future. I didn't even realize MGS 1+2 HD had been delisted till today. Luckily I grabbed that on a whim several months back.