• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Aside from Episode IV which I hear is mandatory, is any of the other Asura's Wrath DLC really worth it? Does it all ever go on sale? Only the base game is discounted rn sadly.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That a game can be BC, but not on the current store is always a fascinating quirk of whatever licensing deals existed in the past.
I always thought it was simply a technical issue that MS was unable to resolve.
www.resetera.com

BC Xbox 360/OG Xbox games that are still listed but can only be bought on the online Marketplace or on a Xbox 360.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood** Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag* Assassin's Creed Liberation HD** Blood of the Werewolf Castle Crashers* Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare* Counter Strike: GO Dark Souls* Darksiders II* Daytona USA Defense Grid: The Awakening Final Fight: Double Impact Iron Brigade...

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I always thought it was simply a technical issue that MS was unable to resolve.
www.resetera.com

BC Xbox 360/OG Xbox games that are still listed but can only be bought on the online Marketplace or on a Xbox 360.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood** Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag* Assassin's Creed Liberation HD** Blood of the Werewolf Castle Crashers* Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare* Counter Strike: GO Dark Souls* Darksiders II* Daytona USA Defense Grid: The Awakening Final Fight: Double Impact Iron Brigade...
I'm confused how that would (or in this case would not) work (not saying its impossible), but you can see the entires in the modern Xbox store, but they show up as unavailable for sale. I assume the management of entitlements was a single solution between the 360 and Xbox One stores and thus the issue is one of publisher approval/licensing.

I could be completely wrong as its speculation on my part.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused how that would (or in this case would not) work (not saying its impossible), but you can see the entires in the modern Xbox store, but they show up as unavailable for sale. I assume the management of entitlements was a single solution between the 360 and Xbox One stores and thus the issue is one of publisher approval/licensing.

I could be completely wrong as its speculation on my part.
There are instances where a BC 360 game can be bought on the Microsoft Store or Xbox One, Series X|S but the DLC can only be bought on the Xbox Marketplace or Xbox 360.

GTA IV is a good example of this.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
360 is such a gem of a console. fight night champion is great btw can't believe it's the last boxing game we've gotten...think i prefer round 4 overall but it's still great.same for skate 3 although at least that has something in the works.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
How does gta4 run on series X? I have fond memories of the game because it was the second game I played on my PS3 slim back on 2010.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
There are instances where a BC 360 game can be bought on the Microsoft Store or Xbox One, Series X|S but the DLC can only be bought on the Xbox Marketplace or Xbox 360.

Right, I believe I posted about that in your thread. . .

Now I'm interested. . . Anyone from one of the gaming publications in this thread want to ask Microsoft why some games/dlcs are in just the old store?

Could you also ask why some games are disc only BC?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

Is there a workaround to the website issue. I had no problem buying old 360 games from marketplace.Xbox.com but something changed this past BF and I cannot buy any of those games. Anything that appears in the new store obviously is fine.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Right, I believe I posted about that in your thread. . .

Now I'm interested. . . Anyone from one of the gaming publications in this thread want to ask Microsoft why some games/dlcs are in just the old store?

Could you also ask why some games are disc only BC?
Games are disc-only BC because they were either never listed on the Marketplace to be bought digitally or they were delisted.
Is there a workaround to the website issue. I had no problem buying old 360 games from marketplace.Xbox.com but something changed this past BF and I cannot buy any of those games. Anything that appears in the new store obviously is fine.
What error are you getting?

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
How does gta4 run on series X? I have fond memories of the game because it was the second game I played on my PS3 slim back on 2010.

There's no resolution bump, so it looks it's age a little, but the performance is great. Almost a perfect 60fps, with just some very rare dips.

capturecfjoe.png

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Besides Prince of Persia 2008, are there any other games in this sale that are only on the 360 marketplace?

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
It's just hangs after i click purchase. I have tried my iphone, iPad, MacBook, Surface and just about every browser you can think of.
The 360 web store is busted and has been busted for a loooooong time. There was a Tampermonkey script that did fix the issues but it stopped working and I don't see an updated script.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Games are disc-only BC because they were either never listed on the Marketplace to be bought digitally or they were delisted.
Right, understood the why for disc only BC, but since it downloads a copy for the BC I'm always curious if there was investigation about working with publishers to get that version listed in the store.

I always assume these come down to practicalities and cost benefit on time, rather than limitation.. It is surprising to me that WB games for example didnt push a digital version of Arkham Origins since the other Arkham games seem to have long tail.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Also picked up Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles of Mystara since I always wanted that one. Will pick up Sacred 2 and Civ Revolution next time they have a back compatible sale.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Right, understood the why for disc only BC, but since it downloads a copy for the BC I'm always curious if there was investigation about working with publishers to get that version listed in the store.

I always assume these come down to practicalities and cost benefit on time, rather than limitation.. It is surprising to me that WB games for example didnt push a digital version of Arkham Origins since the other Arkham games seem to have long tail.
I just assume WB is lazy. LOL

They haven't relisted a number of games that were made BC that shouldn't have any licensing issues.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Is max Payne 1 and 2 decent on if Xbox? I remembered 2 being complete crap on ps2. They got wide-screen support?

Oct 27, 2017
Binary Domain is a must?

If you are a fan of the Yakuza games and want to see what happened when those developers decided to make their version of Gears of War, then yeah. It's a must.

It's a solid single player third person shooter with an interesting (and somewhat crazy) story. 60fps boost helps a lot over playing it on 360.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
There's no resolution bump, so it looks it's age a little, but the performance is great. Almost a perfect 60fps, with just some very rare dips.

capturecfjoe.png

Huh interesting. Assuming that's because it's unlocked framerate originally? Would it be possible this title could go above 60 on 120Hz displays?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Is max Payne 1 and 2 decent on if Xbox? I remembered 2 being complete crap on ps2. They got wide-screen support?
I can't comment too much on it... because I don't know lol. I'm pretty sure I saw something a while ago comparing the two versions though, and the Xbox was better from what I remember. One thing I think I remember pretty well is that the PS2 version doesn't even have quick save.

Max Payne 1 is 4:3. Max Payne 2 is 16:9.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
As someone who has only played the PC version of MP2 until now, it's a pretty solid port. Looks sharp and runs at a solid 60fps. Also, the Xbox port of MP1 is much better than the PS2 port.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
As someone who has only played the PC version of MP2 until now, it's a pretty solid port. Looks sharp and runs at a solid 60fps. Also, the Xbox port of MP1 is much better than the PS2 port.
I just watched a video of it on YouTube, the og xb version is very cut back compare to pc. Char models are much blocker, not as bad as ps2 but still not great so I think I'll just stick to pc version....

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So far, I've grabbed D&D: Chronicles of Mystara, Asura's Wrath and all of its story DLC, Gunvalkyrie, and Sonic Unleashed from this sale.

Might go back in and grab Max Payne 1 and 2. I've loved Remedy since those games and my Xbox will be where I own every major Remedy console release in one place once I have those two...

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Sacred 2 and Conan with some rewards points. Rewards points are the best. I get free game pass and free games all the time.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
It's so goddamn finicky. No luck on my PC with Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and kept telling me my credit card was invalid.
Finally worked on my android phone with chrome, paypal, and a VPN set to USA, though I dunno how necessary the VPN was.

I live in the US, so I am not jumping regions. It's so bizarre because it started all of a sudden over the last couple of months. I recall that early on during the X1 days your download queue would be full and you would need to clear the queue/cache on your 360 but I haven't had a 360 since I bought my X1 at launch.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017

Both 60fps with a res boost on Series consoles. Max Payne 1 is 4:3 and 2 is 16:9 wide-screen.

2 was always much better on Xbox than PS2, I really enjoyed my playthrough on Series S.