• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Rayman Origins for $5 is tempting. I owned it physically once upon a time for the Xbox 360, so this would be a long-deferred double dip.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Might buy No Straight Roads, shame that they didn't update the console version to match the steam version.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Rayman Legends includes all the levels (I think) from Rayman Origins though, also $5, unless you specifically want to double dip on the 360 version

This reminds me that I think I may have picked up Legends on my Switch at some point during the pandemic and maybe forgot about it. I'll have to double check.

And yeah, I remember that being the case, so good heads up. That was a game I also owned physically for my WiiU but no longer have.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Sonic Colors still hasn't dropped to $20 or less yet. The wait continues!

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
I wanted to try Lego Star Wars but can't justify pay more than 30 dollars in a game I am not sure I will like.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Aven Colony used to be on Game Pass from Sept 2018 - Feb 2019 if it seems familiar :3
I was just thinking about that, lol. I think I enjoyed what I played of it, but still only played it for 3 or so hours before I dropped it.

Scott Pilgrim for 5 dollars seems tempting, but I have no... experience with the franchise.

I was like "Oh! Vasara for 5 dollars? I don't know much about the game, but I think I need that!" but turns out I must've bought it already, doh!

Honestly doesn't look like there's anything there for me this week.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
At this point I imagine there's just as many people new to the Xbox ecosystem as established users who had GWG back in 2016, so it makes sense to start recycling freebies.
Then they need to update their info for the program then and stop false advertising. Myself and many others aren't getting 4 free games a month anymore like we are told we are. Sony wouldn't be allowed to pull this crap with PS+ and Microsoft shouldn't either.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
So uhh is Far Cry 6 worth $24?

I plat'd the game on PS5 and hated the ending, sorta soured me on the entire game. From a visuals, weapons, vehicles and open world standpoint its probably one of the best Far Cry's, but from a story/character/dialogue perspective its maybe one of the worst. Most of the characters are annoying, the bad guy feels pretty disconnected from the game.

Ultimately I'd say if you played every single far cry and loved them all then yeah, I guess you might as well for completionist sake and see where it ranks for you

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Opinions on Ghost Recon Future Soldier?

This is the second time it has been on sale for $5, which is an all time low. I haven't played it in like 7 years but it was fun to me. However, I don't remember much about it because it was that unremarkable and honestly a bit generic (unless you really love the futuristic but grounded warfare thing from Tom Clancy). The only thing I remember is the sync-shot mechanic (which also shows up in future Ghost Recons). Since the multiplayer servers are down, it is too bad you won't be able to co-op it (I never played co-op so can't say how it is).

Personally, I would refrain from buying any older Ubisoft titles as I'm waiting to see what happens with Ubisoft+ on Xbox and if there will be a Classic version (like the one included in the new PS+ tiers) included in Game Pass. It would be VERY cool to see older 360 games show up on Game Pass that way.

FIND OUT NEXT TIME AT....THE XBOX BETHESDA SHOWCASE~

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
I wanted to try Lego Star Wars but can't justify pay more than 30 dollars in a game I am not sure I will like.
Yeah, this is me too, last Lego game i played was DC Super Villains which i found fun, and i do like Star Wars...with this game apparently having a huge ton of content and some changes, but it apparently has some issues and i never really understood if it's a great Lego game or not.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Yeah, this is me too, last Lego game i played was DC Super Villains which i found fun, and i do like Star Wars...with this game apparently having a huge ton of content and some changes, but it apparently has some issues and i never really understood if it's a great Lego game or not.
Yes!!
i am not even a big fan of Lego games but I love Star Wars and don't have much games to play that I am really interested at moment, but even so, the price is still to high for a game I am not sure I will even finish.
I will wait more until it gets a better deal.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
All I want is Yakuza 0 for cheap on Xbox, man. Where it at

Do you have some expiring Xbox space bucks to use too? 😁 I'm expecting a big sale next month when the Xbox Bethesda Showcase takes place. I think that would be the right cadence for another $5 sale (looking at past sales for Yakuza 0 K1 K2) though not guaranteed of course

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Ugh, i want to finish rayman legends but It had some bad input lag last i played and didnt feel fluid at all. It should be running at 120 ffs.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Was going to grab the Hot Wheels version with all the content (this one) but noticed that only the last gen version is discounted, the Series S/X version is still at full price. Gotta love publishers that refuse to support Smart Delivery.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
That's a very good price for Darksiders Genesis.

One of the best co-op games I've played in years.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
So...for anyone who has played Skywalker Saga, how good is it really?

From what i understand, it should be the best Lego game ever but wondering if it's worth almost 60 bucks.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Did Far Cry 6 omit or at least tone down the "abduction" sequences that apparently Far Cry 5 were full of?

They're gone, but there's numerous changes that are far worse IMO.

There's an ammo and armour system. Armoured enemies take forever to kill unless you have armour piercing rounds and non-armoured enemies take longer without "soft" rounds. Seeing as every encounter features a bunch of them it sort of forces you to play a certain way, and that way is headshots with armour piercing rounds as that kills all enemies in one hit. Otherwise enemies are bullet sponges with the wrong ammo.

They also removed the skill tree and replaced it with armour perks. You can equip four pieces of armour with different perks. That means a max number of skills and you'll quickly find a favourite and then never change. So there's zero sense of progression.

The whole thing feels kind of pointless and the gunplay tedious. I gave up pretty early in and have no urge to play it again. The FOV is also super low and unless you have VRR there's lots of screen tearing and performance issues with a blurry image quality.

I think it's easily my least favourite entry in the series.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
Hoggle I appreciate the thorough breakdown. As someone who is super sensitive to low FOV that is enough to make me not want to touch it. And then the game design decisions you bring up...

What a wasted mess of a franchise. (Never played the first two, loved 3 and 4, dropped 5 when the prologue helicopter scene played out. Literally exclaimed to no-one "fuuuuck yooou").

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Hoggle I appreciate the thorough breakdown. As someone who is super sensitive to low FOV that is enough to make me not want to touch it. And then the game design decisions you bring up...

What a wasted mess of a franchise. (Never played the first two, loved 3 and 4, dropped 5 when the prologue helicopter scene played out. Literally exclaimed to no-one "fuuuuck yooou").

No worries. (I also edited the typos. Sorry typing on my phone)

Far Cry 6 is a shame as I love the setting, but I really don't understand what they were going for. If you just want to run around shooting stuff it's fine-ish, but the ammo system seems to have been added to increase the depth of the combat but does just the opposite (until a recent patch you couldn't swap ammo without a workbench, so you needed to carry a gun with each ammo type which limited load outs). And by removing the upgrades, animal skinning, and all the other little things you used to earn it means once you unlock a few decent guns after a couple of hours the game never changes.

And other than the 60FPS target it doesn't feel like a next gen game. The image quality is poor compared ti every other shooter on the market.

I hope the next entry is a return to form.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I've heard wildly different takes on Far Cry 6, i'm not sure if it's worth buying it for that cheap

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
No worries. (I also edited the typos. Sorry typing on my phone)

Far Cry 6 is a shame as I love the setting, but I really don't understand what they were going for. If you just want to run around shooting stuff it's fine-ish, but the ammo system seems to have been added to increase the depth of the combat but does just the opposite (until a recent patch you couldn't swap ammo without a workbench, so you needed to carry a gun with each ammo type which limited load outs). And by removing the upgrades, animal skinning, and all the other little things you used to earn it means once you unlock a few decent guns after a couple of hours the game never changes.

And other than the 60FPS target it doesn't feel like a next gen game. The image quality is poor compared ti every other shooter on the market.

I hope the next entry is a return to form.

I think the big focus for them with 6 was C H A O S. Like, I understand adding Supremos and tanks/other military vehicles for the added flashiness and explosions. But yeah, once you unlock decent equipment the game mostly stays the same. Just more Far Cry.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Last Far Cry I finished was 3

Might try 6
Sorry, you didn't ask but I just have to strongly recommend Far Cry: Blood Dragon, too.

It's on sale for only 4.50 USD for the 360 version. I think the "Classic Edition" version for last gen might run at a higher resolution, but not much higher since it's not Xbox One X enhanced like Far Cry 3 "Classic Edition" is, and it's still capped at 30 FPS, so I'd just get the cheaper 360 version. Lots of Far Cry games have gotten FPS boost patches, but if this one hasn't gotten it by now, I wouldn't count on it.

I think the reason I, and maybe others too, liked it so much is precisely because it was shorter and didn't overstay its welcome like many Ubi games do (in my opinion).