• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pretty great but I'm really into the setting. The Series X version is a huge improvement over the original. Don't go off the day one videos though, as the dynamic resolution patch fixed all but a few issues with performance.
I think I'm going to go for it. Seems really up my alley and should be a nice refresher after I finish Psychonauts 2.

Jun 7, 2018
OMG I actually checked the price before asking but I totally had a brainfart. Thanks for pointing this output, I'm totally getting it Added to my wishlist a week or two ago, how lucky! ^_^

No worries, I spotted it in the sale yesterday then saw your post this morning! I've already got it on PC, mostly for playing in VR, but I'm umming and ahhing whether to double-dip on Xbox One X for the 90% of time I don't want a headset on, or wait for a better sale price on Switch than the current 50% off/£17.99.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
A bunch of stuff was added to the sale as Control, Virginia and Ghostrunner popped my Psprices alerts

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Any games people are wanting in game pass?
I'll buy them on sale - which will guarantee they will be in under 4 weeks.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Snagged Control on XSX for $16. I had it on PS5 via PS+ but I let my sub lapse. Such a great game.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Just FYI, the $16 Control SKU is the Xbox One version playable via BC on Series X.

This $20 seperate SKU is the Series X version with ray-tracing and 60fps mode.

You can apply for a refund if you want the actual Series X port.

Is that how it works for sure? The $16 listing says it includes the Series X|S version.

Buy Control Ultimate Edition | Xbox

A corruptive presence has invaded the Federal Bureau of Control… Only you have the power to stop it. The world is now your weapon in an epic fight to annihilate an ominous enemy through deep and unpredictable environments. Containment has failed, humanity is at stake. Will you regain control?

Buy Control Ultimate Edition - Xbox Series X|S | Xbox

A corruptive presence has invaded the Federal Bureau of Control… Only you have the power to stop it. The world is now your weapon in an epic fight to annihilate an ominous enemy through deep and unpredictable environments. Containment has failed, humanity is at stake. Will you regain control?

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just FYI, the $16 Control SKU is the Xbox One version playable via BC on Series X.

This $20 seperate SKU is the Series X version with ray-tracing and 60fps mode.

You can apply for a refund if you want the actual Series X port.

Is that how it works for sure? The $16 listing says it includes the Series X|S version.

Buy Control Ultimate Edition | Xbox

Buy Control Ultimate Edition - Xbox Series X|S | Xbox

Can confirm the $16 version gives you both the X1 and X|S version of the game.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Please tell me more. I'm very tempted to get it. How's the performance?

It had an Xbox One X patch that introduced 4k 30fps and 1080p 60fps modes which both run pretty flawlessly. It's a particularly pretty space-faring game IMO due to the judicious use of colour and some cool backdrops giving it a lot of visual variety.

It has a few different ships that play radically different to one another, and have different builds available to them (for instance a large, slow ship with a heavy shield only at the front, a small maneuverable ship that uses drones etc.).

If I were to give it any particular criticisms it would be that the permanent upgrades (some apply to the pilot, and some to each individual ship) don't always seem to make an immediate difference they're very incremental but definitely build up over time. The Encounters DLC helps this abit by having a number of persistent story arcs that you can progress each run making the progress feel more tangible.

The upcoming sequel looks to drop the roguelite elements in favour of a straight-up space exploration game, it might already be out on PC but not console yet.