• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Just started Immortals last night and am really enjoying it. If you want a BotW sort of experience with a bit of that Ubisoft open world flavor, and a really fun way of telling the story, pick it up!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Out of all the Splinter Cell games, is there any that is not enhanced for one X / series?
Also, is any one 60 fps? Guessing not. I may buy some, or all, if they patched them to 60.

Are there differences with the pc versions (where it exists)?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Out of all the Splinter Cell games, is there any that is not enhanced for one X / series?
Also, is any one 60 fps? Guessing not. I may buy some, or all, if they patched them to 60.

Are there differences with the pc versions (where it exists)?
All Splinter Cell games on Xbox One X/Series X are 4k enhanced. All of them are 30fps.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
It is fine, but it is very repetitive.
I enjoyed it. Can get very repetitive near the end, but the gameplay loop is very fun.
I've played tons of it both solo and in coop. It's entirely enjoyable solo, especially on higher difficulties but it definitely shines when playing with communicative team mates in coop.

Thank you all! I'll check it out through the Trial first.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Strangely, I discovered that Pandora Tomorrow isn't available on PC so the console version is the only way to play it now.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Got the Splinter Cell games for cheap in the Hungarian store. No workarounds or tricks needed, bought them with my German credit card.

Oct 29, 2017
Double Agent has both original Xbox and Xbox 360 versions available, and both have enhanced resolution, is that corrrect? Sounds like that could be a fascinating side-by-side comparison.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I've been wondering if Breakpoint is now worth playing with the immersive mode. Or are the Ubisoft trappings still too overbearing to keep it from being fun?

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Lol @ Ubisoft not bothering to discount the Valhalla/Watchdogs and Valhalla/Immortals bundles in the UK.

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017
If you're buying immortals, make sure you don't use Quick Resume or any kind of suspend/resume on it.

I lost 2 hours of progress last week because the game decided my saves where corrupt after QR, it's a known bug they still haven't fixed.

Yeah, I wrote it earlier that I lost progress two days in a row :( this is super annoying.

I wonder if AC: Valhalla has the same issue.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
So glad Xbox has great return policies, received refund confirmation 1 minute after the request. I knew Division 2 was only cross play on Stadia/PC but thought it was cross progress on all platforms. No way do I want to go through all of that again.

Now to find another game to waste money on...

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
How are you buying from the Brazil store?

There are better guides online for how to do it, but the short version is that you save a Brazilian address on your account and redeem BR XBox Gift cards which you can buy from places like cdkeys.

The international prices aren't always cheaper when factoring in any additional charges for the vouchers, but I I've bought new releases for as much as 60% off just by using international storefronts.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish legends and origins would go on sale on Wii U. I'd love to own them there. I will probably grab forgotten Sands. All these splinter cell titles I own and just reinforce my desire for a new title
*Searches Asura's Wrath

Fuck each and every one of you and Microsoft, and Capcom.

:(

:(
Pretty sure that was already on sale recently

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Any UK equivalent sale? Wouldn't mind picking up Immortals for the Series X.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Time to pick up Immortals. Been waiting for it to drop to $30. Looking at Watch Dogs 2 as well to try out the FPS Boost feature.

Question: Is Baldurs Gate good on console? Played it on PC originally but I don't have a PC right now since my graphics card died and looking to replay.
Console versions are fine, but no idea how those blurry backgrounds will look on a large screen TV. However, there are a lot of good mods for the games and save editors and portraits that wouldn't be present on a console.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Only thing to be careful of is that the Valhalla + WD2 bundle is the base game of both. If you're at all interested in the season pass, I'd hold off if you can.

Ubisoft tends to mark down their gold editions aggressively over time, but not so much the season pass as a 'fuck you' to the people who bought the base game.

hasher

Oct 10, 2020
The Splinter Cell games are on sale this week. I have all the games on the Xbox platform except for the original (GameCube) and Black List (PS3). For $10 or so I can complete the collection on Xbox. I'm gonna jump on that.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
How's the season pass content been for Immortals? $30 for the base game is good, but I usually hold out for the Gold editions of the Ubisoft open-worlders hoping there is nice story content like the Origins and Odyssey ones.

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
These are some really good prices. I think publishers may want to time their sales more closely with enhancement releases (i.e., Framerate Boost) to maximize their gains, if weirdos like me are any indication. I bought physical copies of Far Cry 4 and Watch Dogs 2 after the announcement, which presumably didn't send much to the publisher. I'd have bought these digitally in a heartbeat, if they had been available at the time.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
How is Far Cry: New Dawn?
I really loved it.

I played it right after Far Cry 5. 5 was good, and beautiful, but I didn't really like the weapon progression and the random kidnappings were annoying as well.

New Dawn, on the other hand, is the most original-feeling Far Cry game since Blood Dragon IMO, and I've basically played them all. The weapons are tons of fun, with some cool RPG-lite progression systems, and it's absolutely STUNNING to look at. Definitely worth the $12.

Feb 4, 2018
I really loved it.

I played it right after Far Cry 5. 5 was good, and beautiful, but I didn't really like the weapon progression and the random kidnappings were annoying as well.

New Dawn, on the other hand, is the most original-feeling Far Cry game since Blood Dragon IMO, and I've basically played them all. The weapons are tons of fun, with some cool RPG-lite progression systems, and it's absolutely STUNNING to look at. Definitely worth the $12.

Thank you for the impressions! Hopefully it receives a Series X patch and I can play it at 60fps :)

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I redeemed some of my reward points and picked up Watch Dogs 2: Gold Edition for $17.99. I loved the first one and I really want to check out Legions but I might as well give Watch Dogs 2 a shot now that it got the 60 FPS update. I'm a sucker for open world games and anything cyberpunk (adjacent) themed. I'm also a fan of Ubisoft style open world games.

NightMystic

Oct 27, 2017
Does Ubisoft Connect allow for achievement unlocks yet? Wondering if it would be worth grabbing Immortals on Xbox

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
So glad Xbox has great return policies, received refund confirmation 1 minute after the request. I knew Division 2 was only cross play on Stadia/PC but thought it was cross progress on all platforms. No way do I want to go through all of that again.

Now to find another game to waste money on...
Yeah, for some reason they're not doing it with Division even though it was announced. Oh well.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Picked Watch Dogs Legion and played for 5 hours straight. It's really fun, and an impressively dense vision London. It's also gorgeous. And the 30fps is smooth besides cutscenes.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Dragged out my 360 to try to move over some Splinter Cell saves to Cloud and it turns out you can't move Conviction saves... lol

I forgot developers could just opt out of letting people move their saves on 360.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Dragged out my 360 to try to move over some Splinter Cell saves to Cloud and it turns out you can't move Conviction saves... lol

I forgot developers could just opt out of letting people move their saves on 360.

Ah, that might explain why some of my conviction stuff didn't carry over.

Oddly, my multiplayers unlocks and such did, so maybe that's stored Ubi-side or something? But my completions for Terrorist Hunt and the other MP modes had all gone when I righted a years-old wrong and finally 1k'd the game late last year.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, that might explain why some of my conviction stuff didn't carry over.

Oddly, my multiplayers unlocks and such did, so maybe that's stored Ubi-side or something? But my completions for Terrorist Hunt and the other MP modes had all gone when I righted a years-old wrong and finally 1k'd the game late last year.
Did you try both Copy and Move? A lot of times the game won't let you copy saves but it will let you move them.
Yeah, I tried Move and it didn't work. I had to drag out my 360, download the game, and then select the cloud storage as the default storage option within the game to get it to point there.

It's worse because I saw that some people whose files weren't properly synced to the cloud can't even start the game... I guess it's an artifact of how they implemented it.

Funny enough, two things: the 360 is so... out of date when it comes to file management. lol
USB devices don't need to be formatted anymore and you can back up your saves on your on PC after copying them to USB.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, sorry if I'm annoying with Splinter Cell, but which version of Double Agent should I buy? The Xbox original or the Xbox 360 version?

I'd recommend the original Xbox version, which has a few more missions, some different level layouts, a bit more narrative along the way, and still doesn't look bad. The 360 version is obviously going to look better visually, but even immediately at the time, the base Xbox version was regarded as the better package.

I just started replaying that version last night, and it holds up once you come to grips with the controls, and having enemies that actually have reasonable eyesight in a videogame. Also SAVE SCUM LIKE CRAZY, there's no shame in that.