• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
According to PS Prices, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon haven't been on sale for years. I'll 100% pick them up

I decided to wait on XCOM2 as I don't need it right now, and I'll wait on Rare Replay as that seem to go on sale all the time, so I'll get that once my Gamepass is close to running out

Labyrinthe

Mar 12, 2018
Mmm Lost Odyssey is 24$ CAN, is this a deal? If i buy 1 month of gold the game is less expansive...

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
According to PS Prices, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon haven't been on sale for years. I'll 100% pick them up

I decided to wait on XCOM2 as I don't need it right now, and I'll wait on Rare Replay as that seem to go on sale all the time, so I'll get that once my Gamepass is close to running out

FWIW, PSPrices is not the most accurate with when stuff last went on sale for 360 games. Sometimes you will find the odd poster on TrueAchievements who will list best prices and the last time a game went on sale.

Xbox Sale Roundup: February 9th, 2021

Xbox Sale Roundup: February 9th, 2021 TrueAchievements forum thread

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
You can use the official BC list (filter for Xbox 360 games), or checking the game's page on TrueAchievements is an easy way to see.

www.xbox.com

Xbox Backward Compatible Games | Xbox

Discover the library of Xbox backward compatible games.
I really hate how they moved this this kind of "list." I wish they just kept the old list as it was for 360 games. It was so much quicker just to see what was BC when you wanted to check really quickly.
Wow, they have Ori: The Collection and this bundle that includes Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition and Ori and the Will of the Wisps is on sale for only $11.54

Buy Ori: The Collection - Microsoft Store
That's a damn great deal! I already have the two versions of the first game and the second physically. Might still grab a digital copy of Ori 2 since it's only 10 clams.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Great and it gets the bc compatibility magic where the resolution gets bumped up or is this just with downloads? Sorry for my ignorance on this.
The game will be downloaded once you insert the disc, only the first disc is needed, it does not have any of the magic some other games have but still looks really good to be honest because of the art style.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Never heard of it, is it some sort of hidden gem or something?

It is an excellent traditional RPG. One of my favorites.

Also, enjoy the opening cinematic when you start your first play-through...it has one of the best CGI to Gameplay transitions out there. It was absolutely incredible to see on the 360 at the time...my jaw dropped, lol.

Last edited:

rustyra24

Jul 6, 2018
I really want AC7 Deluxe Edition only to get AC6 which isn't available elsewhere..can someone who bought it recently can tell me if it's still a thing? do you still get AC6?
To my surprise ,when I purchased AC7 on PS4 earlier this month I also got AC5 to my surprise, which I was sure isn't available anymore ,but I obviously won't double dip if I don't get AC6 on Xbox (:

Are you in Europe or the US?

Oct 29, 2017
I really hate how they moved this this kind of "list." I wish they just kept the old list as it was for 360 games. It was so much quicker just to see what was BC when you wanted to check really quickly.

Yeah it made more sense before when it was just 360 and Xbox games. Not really helpful to lump in essentially every Xbox One game even though they're technically backward compatible last-gen games.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Good timing for the Warlords of New York expansion for The Division 2 to go 70% off with the new Series X update.

Excellent -- I almost complained about this when the thread went live. Just bought it. The next-gen upgrade and the RE event have really kicked me back into Division 2. Feels so much more fun to play with the performance improvements, and wearing an RE outfit is adding an extra layer of investment for me as an RE fan.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Excellent -- I almost complained about this when the thread went live. Just bought it. The next-gen upgrade and the RE event have really kicked me back into Division 2. Feels so much more fun to play with the performance improvements, and wearing an RE outfit is adding an extra layer of investment for me as an RE fan.

I've only just started playing TD2 this week with the upgrade. Is the RE event/outfit achievable for me? Or is it a mid/late game thing?

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for mentioning Lost Oddysey in the title. Bought that. Probably would have forgot to check otherwise.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've only just started playing TD2 this week with the upgrade. Is the RE event/outfit achievable for me? Or is it a mid/late game thing?

So I don't have the answer to that question, unfortunately. I've had the game since launch but bounced off within 2 weeks, and deleted my old character, so returning to it now, I started from scratch too.

I have no idea how you get the event done for free. I ended up just moneyhatting the event by doing my first microtransaction purchase in Division 2 -- I grabbed the currency bundle that's a one-time promotion and nets like $35 worth of in-game currency for only $20, then just used the in-game currency to buy my way through the entire event.

If you end up going that route, it's worth noting that it seems that you cannot get duplicates if you just moneyhat your way through the event like I did. Never once popped a duplicate and "finished" collecting all of the event items well before I ran out of currency, so I have like $11 worth of currency leftover for later.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are on my buy list. They have that rare combination of being Xbox console exclusive, backwards compatible with the Xbox Series X, and not on Game Pass.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
Can someone explain what the eff is going on with Ubisoft prices?!

I've been waiting to get AC Origins with all the DLC (so I assume Gold Edition as I just want the extra missions, don't care about items/Helix/etc) but the base game only ever goes on sale, or Deluxe (which is just items/Helix). Yet AC Odyssey Gold Edition is on sale AND the newer title?

raw

Also, odds we ever see an at minimum 60fps patch? Don't even care about res...would just love the frame rate boost.

Bruh this is almost ALMOST becoming my fave battle theme over FF8's...almost!

God damn that game was unreal.

Last edited:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it made more sense before when it was just 360 and Xbox games. Not really helpful to lump in essentially every Xbox One game even though they're technically backward compatible last-gen games.
Sucks, but now it's better to just google [bing] it and look at the list on Wikipedia if you need a quick reference, which I think is a shame (I left feedback about this, but I doubt it'll change).

God... dammit

I remember back in like... June '08 when I was stuck across the country for work (and then in a couple hospitals for a month and a half following an injury) just watching the Lost Odyssey intro over and over on Game Trailers, lol. I was so excited for it and couldn't wait to get back home so I could play it.

Boss music from Lost Odyssey is better, IMO.

Maybe don't watch this if you've never played the game. Just posting it here for "record," I guess lol (no spoilers, just music. Still though...).

it's so good, though...

Last edited:

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Thoughts on Castlevania Lords of Shadow? I'm thinking ofpicking that up alongside Lost Odyssey
Just played for a couple of stages. Yep, still awesome. Game feels like LotR as fuck, way more than Shadow of War (which I'm also playing) because of the soundtrack and how epic everything is.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Just picked up Warlords of New York for $8.99. I am legit wowed at the new 4k 60 presentation. Just absolutely gorgeous and smooth as hell.

Edit: Still waiting for Streets of Rage 4 to ever go on sale.

Last edited:

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
Pretty good sale.

Have both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey physical, but for ~£8 I picked them up anyway for convenience or if I pick up a Series S later.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
The Ace Combat 6 bundle was only a limited time pre-order offer, so the Deluxe Edition no longer includes the game.

It is BC however, but you'd have to track down a disc copy as the game is not available for pruchase digitally.

A damn shame that the DLC (which were even free) were delisted...

soundofsilver

Nov 18, 2017
Warning for anyone considering GTA IV: Lost and the Damned. I can't purchase or download from within the main store, it simply says "Not currently available". Trying to purchase it from within GTA IV seemed to work - I got an email saying I've purchased it - but it's now showing it again as "unbought". And when I try to buy it again it says my account is locked. Sigh.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Warning for anyone considering GTA IV: Lost and the Damned. I can't purchase or download from within the main store, it simply says "Not currently available". Trying to purchase it from within GTA IV seemed to work - I got an email saying I've purchased it - but it's now showing it again as "unbought". And when I try to buy it again it says my account is locked. Sigh.
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I just bought GTA 4 digitally. To play at 60 FPS on my series X. Was tempted to buy the DLC but now kinda nervous

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That's a very good sale. I'm going to get CTR so I can play with a few family members and Metal Gear Solid 2&3.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Appreciate it! From there, how do I go about actually downloading them once on my console? Will they show up in my purchased games?
If GTA IV is installed then go to GTA IV icon in your Games and click start and select and click "Manage game and add-ons" then select GTA IV again and you and can select and click to install the DLC.

If GTA IV isn't installed on your Xbox and you buy the DLC, anytime you install the game it will automatically install the DLC you bought as well, at least it's supposed to.

soundofsilver

Nov 18, 2017
Thanks a lot. My issue now is that there is no "buy" displayed on either of those pages. I can see the prices but clicking on them does nothing. Bizarre. But thanks for the help. Edit: There is a "download to 360" button but clicking that opens a new window with an endlessly swirling green circle.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
If GTA IV is installed then go to GTA IV icon in your Games and click start and select and click "Manage game and add-ons" then select GTA IV again and you and can select and click to install the DLC.

If GTA IV isn't installed on your Xbox and you buy the DLC, anytime you install the game it will automatically install the DLC you bought as well, at least it's supposed to.

I've never played either expansion, but have read that Gay Tony is the stronger of the two. Are they worth playing as someone who didn't exactly love GTA IV (but wants to give it another go)?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never played either expansion, but have read that Gay Tony is the stronger of the two. Are they worth playing as someone who didn't exactly love GTA IV (but wants to give it another go)?
I've never played either expansion either. LOL I remember liking GTA IV when I beat it a long time ago and plan on getting the DLC sometime soon so I can replay GTA IV along with the DLC at 60fps on Series X. I'm hoping they get 4k enhanced by the BC team in the future before I replay them.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017

I liked GTA IV fine. I don't have the complaints that its more serious and less wacky than the prior games as I think that tone suits GTA 4 fine.

That being said I think both expansions are really good. Arguably better than the base game. They don't feel bloated. There is just enough content and experience there to get to enjoy without overstaying its welcome unlike the base game of a GTA experience sometimes does.

Both inject a bit more fun and less seriousness than the main game does. Especially Gay Tony. I feel they both are strong though. And they both are better than the main game, just presented in a more bite size format. I know a good number of people who didn't enjoy the base game liked the two expansions back in the day.

Last edited:

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I liked GTA IV fine. I don't have the complaints that its more serious and less wacky than the prior games as I think that tone suits GTA 4 fine.

That being said I think both expansions are really good. Arguably better than the base game. They don't feel bloated. There is just enough content and experience there to get to enjoy without overstaying its welcome like the base game of a GTA experience sometimes does.

Both inject a bit more fun and less seriousness than the main game does. Especially Gay Tony. I feel they both are strong though. And they both are better than the main game, just presented in a more bite size format. I know a good number of people who didn't enjoy the base game liked the two expansions back in the day.
Thanks, appreciate the detailed comment!