• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
still waiting for next gen 2k21 to go on sale. hasn't been on sale once, it's nuts

Ticonderoguy

Jan 23, 2021
They've got some of the last-gen CoD games on sale but none of the 360 ones :(

I just want to play Black Ops 2 again without having to pay bloody £40 in 2021.

I'm right there with you, I've had Black Ops 1+2 on my wishlist for ages. Even the used disc copies at GameStop are $30 and $40 respectively.

On the plus side the Batman Arkham Collection at $15 and Spec Ops: The Line at $6 are gonna be nice pickups.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is DOA6 itself when you really break it down.

Easily one of the laziest sequels ever. I've been tooling around with DOA5 and with the inclusion of the Virtua Fighter characters it is the infinitely superior game.
I've been waiting for DOA5 to go on sale again. Hasn't been on sale since 2018 when it was priced at $20.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Buy Yakuza Like A Dragon.
Buy Blue Dragon.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Okay, so I've owned every Yakuza game ever since the original on the PS2 but one of my primary reasons is that I love brawlers and Yakuza: Like a Dragon is turn-based. I should add I don't care for turn-based games and I'm still annoyed that pretty much the only current 3D beat-em-up franchise recently pivoted to a mechanic that seems antithetical to the series so my question is this:

For those of you longstanding Yakuza fans who loved the combat, is Like a Dragon worth a purchase despite the turn-based mechanics?

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Dont sleep on The Darkness people, its only 3,99€

the_darkness-1683098.jpg

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I've owned every Yakuza game ever since the original on the PS2 but one of my primary reasons is that I love brawlers and Yakuza: Like a Dragon is turn-based. I should add I don't care for turn-based games and I'm still annoyed that pretty much the only current 3D beat-em-up franchise recently pivoted to a mechanic that seems antithetical to the series so my question is this:

For those of you longstanding Yakuza fans who loved the combat, is Like a Dragon worth a purchase despite the turn-based mechanics?

If you love Yakuza then yes. Resoundly yes.

I was super sceptical going in (I too love the brawling) and played with my partner who's never seen turn based combat/JRPG mechanics before (she's not a traditional gamer at all, but loves Yakuza for whatever reason, we play them together, handing the controller back and forth). She was baffled at first and then, a few hours in, totally fell in love with it too.

The combat gets better and better throughout the game and, really, it's a triumph. It's bizarre how well it works.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020

I was super sceptical going in (I too love the brawling) and played with my partner who's never seen turn based combat/JRPG mechanics before (she's not a traditional gamer at all, but loves Yakuza for whatever reason, we play them together, handing the controller back and forth). She was baffled at first and then, a few hours in, totally fell in love with it too.

The combat gets better and better throughout the game and, really, it's a triumph.

Thanks for this.

I think it's finally time to quit pouting and buy the game. :)

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

The combat gets better and better throughout the game and, really, it's a triumph. It's bizarre how well it works.

Seconded. The game oozes charm. It is this quirky absurd Japanese modern RPG that has so much heart and a great main character.

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone likes CoD Zombies, I recommend getting the BO3 Deluxe Bundle + Zombie Chronicles. 360 Live is going down this year and those old zombies modes are filled with hackers, so it's a good opportunity if you still wanna be able to play the classic maps online.

I share this question ... $9.99 US sounds like a good deal. What say you ERA?
I impulse bought it, had an 87 community score on Metacritic so it seems solid.

Nov 2, 2017
If anyone likes CoD Zombies, I recommend getting the BO3 Deluxe Bundle + Zombie Chronicles. 360 Live is going down this year and those old zombies modes are filled with hackers, so it's a good opportunity if you still wanna be able to play the classic maps online.

I impulse bought it, had an 87 community score on Metacritic so it seems solid.
Thanks! The price/score does lend itself to impulse buy territory.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish every 360 BC game would go on sale on the regular. Why don't MS ever discount Fable 2?

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anyone know how long this sale is going to last?

Most sales run a week. Speaking for US timezones, they last until about 10am PST on Tuesday morning and then a new sale is introduced right there, of varying scales.

Each individual product also states the exact length of the sale when you highlight it in the Xbox store, just in case there's a difference between which promotion the sales fall under. For example, sometimes there's a "Namco-Bandai Publisher Sale" going on that lasts 3 weeks instead of one week while the normal sales rotate out each week, so it's always best to load up the exact game you want in the store (either on your Xbox or through the website) to find out the exact length of the sale.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Update Lost odyssey with BC enhancements please. Crazy that they gave this game away for free at one point, glad I took advantage. What a gem

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Buy Blue Dragon.
blue dragon and lost odyssey are an incredible $12 to spend on RPG's
This is me on edf, I'd love 2025 but it's $50 bucks! Physical is cheaper!

How are Blue dragon/lost odyssey?

why is there so much love for blue dragon? The reviews on it are downright mediocre. Even the positive comments speak of a grind and shallow characters.

what am I missing here?