• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was interesting and perhaps the beginning of a new marketing strategy for XBOX for the all important holiday period.

ECxgqqAWwAAfUjN

I did a search and didn't find anything. Snap, Crackle, and pop me if old.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So.. is this big amongst the 25-35 demographic in the US...? Or are they targeting younger audiences with this? Weird using Chief and not more kid friendly icons.. like something from Minecraft.

OP
OP
OG_Thrills

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So.. is this big amongst the 25-35 demographic in the US...? Or are they targeting younger audiences with this? Weird using Chief and not more kid friendly icons.. like something from Minecraft.

It's definitely a younger target market. XBOX is essentially giving away up to two full months of game pass. On the packet it says...

"Stack up to 8 weeks"

Obviously you've got to buy 8 packs of these treats but that's still a lot of free GP.

Deleted member 46433

Aug 5, 2018
They should have advertised Gears POP with this.

Snap Crackle Pop.

Missed opportunity.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
You know, when Microsoft spent hundreds of millions of dollars acquiring various studios and devs, I thought to myself, "well, damn! Microsoft seems to be serious about gaming again. How interesting.. "

But now with the Rice Crispy Treats marketing I think - I know - their deadly serious about gaming now!! Holy shit!!

Welp! Nice knowing you Sony and Nintendo. You had a great run!

s/

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
happy to see banjo on there
Even as someone who has always liked N&B Banjo, using that rendition of Banjo on the modern Xbox brand with the Smash Ultimate Banjo DLC likely just weeks away feels like a failing of synergy.

Who knows, maybe Microsoft will have a modern Banjo product on their own platform/services announced soon to justify marketing Banjo's new look alongside the bear and bird's monumental Smash makeover and moment. This Cheeze-Its promo and its choice of mascot graphics be damned.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Weird they are not pushing Minecraft hard on this things.
This is also a brilliant strategy because even for you to use these codes they ask you to input your credit card information (someone correct me if i'm wrong) which means you will keep auto-renewing most of the time.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Rice Krispy Treats are BOGO at Publix, huh?

I can't remember the last time I've had those, although I was never really a fan.

Oh, not these "Poppers" in my area it seems, just regular ol' Rice Krispy Treats, and I can't tell if they have the codes in those boxes. (edit: I misread the ad, and these are included. I've never had these before so might try them, but not for the code lol)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Weird they are not pushing Minecraft hard on this things.
This is also a brilliant strategy because even for you to use these codes they ask you to input your credit card information (someone correct me if i'm wrong) which means you will keep auto-renewing most of the time.

I imagine MS are super careful with what they put Minecraft on. It's such a colossal brand in terms of kids, schools (Minecraft education stuff), etc. Maybe you don't put it on Kellogg's packets and cans of Monster. I dunno.

Jared

Oct 27, 2017
At BOGO for 4.99 this is pennies short of what 8 weeks would cost you normally.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Microsoft loves doing Xbox Doritos promos around October. Wonder if we'll see a game pass promo on bags... still need to to extend another year to max out.

OP
OP
OG_Thrills

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems they have a marketing deals with Kelloggs across a number of products.

iwmcrqsfopl31.jpg

It would be cool if during the holiday season they took their marketing in a totally different direction.