• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone else who preordered the game back when it was going to launch as F2P game get their free Deluxe key yet?

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to dig some information about how the party system work in this game and I have found nothing. So if someone knows, please tell me:

I'll be playing with two other friends (maybe three). I'm that friend that likes leveling as fast as possible to the endgame, the other two aren't. Is there anything like party sync or any mechanic that allows me to play with them? Is there a level cap for the dungeons that I should be aware if I want to run with them?

The only information that I found was from the closed beta and it said that the group system allowed anyone to get a little bit of XP from what the others in the same party were doing. But that could've changed since then and I don't know if there's any kind of cap or how far we can be from each other.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the closed beta and I'm kinda optimistic. However, their social media already cast a curse upon themselves.

New World the Final Fantasy XIV killer

Before, they retweeted this post (and then deleted the retweet):

New World the WoW killer

This curse killed a lot of WoW Killers hahah
They're paying obscene amounts of money to Twitch-streamers (Twitch=Amazon), so in this case it's completely expected. Anyone with half a clue will see tweets like that for what they are though.

Arkhanor

Oct 27, 2017
Recife - Brazil
They're paying obscene amounts of money to Twitch-streamers (Twitch=Amazon), so in this case it's completely expected. Anyone with half a clue will see tweets like that for what they are though.
Yep, I'm aware of that. I'm just commenting about the "<Successful MMO> killer" incentive. I find it funny because it always killed those mmo's that tried to proclaim themselves as the killer haha.

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone else who preordered the game back when it was going to launch as F2P game get their free Deluxe key yet?
Yes, I got a key 10 minutes ago. I remembered doing it along with a couple other Amazon games (order says Oct. 2016) but have barely followed the game, now I have to watch some content to see if I want to actually use It.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
I'm pretty excited to play this. Even if it's a janky bugfest it'll be visually pretty with good music.

I watched a lot of JoshOG and Drassel play during the betas. Seemed like a lot of fun.

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
I know they said the game will be exclusive to PC, but I'm hoping it does well enough to warrant a console port later down the line. I quite enjoyed playing ESO on consoles.

The combat seems to lend itself pretty well for controllers.

Otherwise, I've heard some rumblings that the game might come to Luna?

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Just checking, but has Amazon said anything about making the game available on Luna? I want to play it but my computer most definitely can't run this.
They've confirmed it won't be there at launch which is disappointing. I think part of the reason is that there is no controller support and all Luna games support both K&M and controller. I was expecting them to drop their first party stuff on there day one like MS does with Gamepass, but after this it seems that the Luna and game development divisions at Amazon are not on the same page. It's disappointing, and until they change this policy I don't see how Luna can compete to be honest.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No pre-load for me yet (Steam, EU) :-/

Edit: Nevermind!

Last edited:

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Really looking forward to this, started the preload now. Is EU Era going anywhere specifically, want a relatively populated server but not one where major streamers will be.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Posting for the discord. I think the server region split and the faction choice are going to make it hard for some people to find a home overall. For example I am NA West, and want to play Covenant (burn the heretics!)... but that lowers my choices dramatically. I am pre signed up for a Covenant guild but they seem to be taking it a bit too seriously for my liking (treating it more like EVE or Albion, then what the game actually is)

OP
OP
GazRB

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Posting for the discord. I think the server region split and the faction choice are going to make it hard for some people to find a home overall. For example I am NA West, and want to play Covenant (burn the heretics!)... but that lowers my choices dramatically. I am pre signed up for a Covenant guild but they seem to be taking it a bit too seriously for my liking (treating it more like EVE or Albion, then what the game actually is)
Yeah some companies are going full Eve on this game, kind of wild.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017

oh yea, I was in a guild like that during Beta. I ended up getting kicked because of the guild officers felt I wasn't online a lot. When I told him I spent the entire aftertoon the day before in voice doing PvP I didn't get a response, only noticed that the Discord group was no longer showing up for me :')

OP
OP
GazRB

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
oh yea, I was in a guild like that during Beta. I ended up getting kicked because of the guild officers felt I wasn't online a lot. When I told him I spent the entire aftertoon the day before in voice doing PvP I didn't get a response, only noticed that the Discord group was no longer showing up for me :')
Absolutely insane that people cared that much during beta

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Maybe a weird question but how viable is progression in this game from stuff other than PvP or quests? From watching some of the beta it looks like a pretty decent wander around the world kind of game, but if it's impossible to progress from exploring/gathering/crafting/grinding monsters then it's probably not for me.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a weird question but how viable is progression in this game from stuff other than PvP or quests? From watching some of the beta it looks like a pretty decent wander around the world kind of game, but if it's impossible to progress from exploring/gathering/crafting/grinding monsters then it's probably not for me.

You gain exp for basically anything you do, whether it's crafting, gathering, etc. Though it's obviously less exp then you were to get from questing.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
If this is your first mmo launch, prepare for server lag, server issues, emergency maintenance and 3k queues :D

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
already 15k ingame staring at the login screen for 12 more hours :D

This launch will be big

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
I tried the beta and it was decent enough, but was going to hold off. But due to appendicitis the doctor put me off for a week. So I figure might as well try it out since I'll be home all week. I really need to read up on how everything works, during the beta I felt like I ran out of main line quests (around level 18) and was just doing side quests from the boards. I don't know if there were level requirements that I wasn't hitting or if I just wasn't looking in the right place.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am actually secretly hoping there are a ton of login issues because I have to work in the AM, but then they magically clear up just in time for me to hop on.

:D

Lunoir

Aug 31, 2019
Massachusetts
Posting mainly to see the discord! I Was planning on joining the Orofena server, as it's the unofficial RP server that the RP community picked. I don't really RP, but always find RP servers to have more pleasant communities in general. Still feeling the classic pre-emptive fomo of picking the wrong server though.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I can launch the game but I don't think servers are live yet?

Also am I correct in assuming that you are locked to server of your choice and you can't play with people on a different server?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
yeah. This is a big one. Nothing I played in this game made me think it wouldn't work. You can already use it to some capacity.

Im waiting until they patch in official support. Once they said it will be in at launch but some weeks later they said they have no plans to support it... i dont get it

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Im waiting until they patch in official support. Once they said it will be in at launch but some weeks later they said they have no plans to support it... i dont get it
Yeah it's pretty bizarre. Plugging in a controller let's you move around and attack just fine but most stuff is unmapped. Does'nt seem like it would be that hard to just add it in but I guess they don't want to take the time and effort it would take for all the UI stuff maybe. The game has been delayed many times could be they are just prioritizing everything else.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I think what I am most worried about is difficulty in finding people to do content with outside of our grand company or whatever. Unless I missed it, there is no in-game matchmaking right? So no way to get paired up with people to do a dungeon run, or take down an outdoor boss, or whatever?

This is the primary issue which is giving me some hesitation before I fully commit to jumping in and playing. I tend to play at odd hours and for random bursts (15 minutes here and there, 2 hours one night, etc), and without matchmaking anything multiplayer or online becomes 100% a solo experience for me, and I am not sure New World is designed to be a really engaging single player experience.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Im gonna wait and see how they are gonna handle the content and updates for this game

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda want to play this, but I really don't want to spend the money when it'll probably be half off in 6 months. Has anyone heard of any thing about post-launch updates?

OP
OP
GazRB

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
I think what I am most worried about is difficulty in finding people to do content with outside of our grand company or whatever. Unless I missed it, there is no in-game matchmaking right? So no way to get paired up with people to do a dungeon run, or take down an outdoor boss, or whatever?

This is the primary issue which is giving me some hesitation before I fully commit to jumping in and playing. I tend to play at odd hours and for random bursts (15 minutes here and there, 2 hours one night, etc), and without matchmaking anything multiplayer or online becomes 100% a solo experience for me, and I am not sure New World is designed to be a really engaging single player experience.
Yep, no matchmaking. You would have to stand outside the dungeon and put a team together haha.

there is matchmaking for one of the PvP modes I think. Everything else is either Company driven or PUGs.