• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
He was against the travel ban saying that the virus was already here and that it wouldn't do much and then he went on to praise trump for the decision. I dont get how trump gets some seemingly professional people to kiss his ass.

One thing he is good at is to corrupt, it is a skill. Hes starting to sound like an apologist

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
No one word said about the cost to the average person of the testing. If private corps are doing it, it's not going to be free.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Check his trades made before the conference.
Yeah

www.cnbc.com

Travel restrictions 'irrelevant' if coronavirus becomes a pandemic, top US health official says

Stringent travel restrictions imposed on inbound flights from China to contain the coronavirus outbreak become "irrelevant" in a potential pandemic because "you can't keep out the entire world," a top U.S. health official said.

abcnews.go.com

Government response to coronavirus: Fauci backs Trump travel ban, says testing system 'a failing'

Dr. Anthony Fauci told Congress Thursday he backs President Trump's Europe travel ban bus said the testing system for coronavirus is "a failing."

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
abc right now is calling trump the most important person in the world and worrying about him taking unnecessary risk of getting infected by shaking hands and passing the mic...

He's obviously already infected!

Min

Oct 25, 2017
I just want context for the quotes I'm seeing here about

Nasty question
Did he say it wasn't his fault?
Reporters shouting at him after the mics go off

The nasty question was: "Why did you disband the pandemic team?"
His response was: "I didn't disband it. I don't know who did. It was someone in my administration. Do you want me to take time to look it up for you now?"

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
So as a UK person do you guys have to pay for this test
It's like... who knows at this point.

A Democratic Congresswoman got the head of the CDC to agree to pay for Coronavirus testing. But seeing as the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing in this administration, this may or may not amount to anything. They could pretend he never said that. Trump could put the kibosh on it, as it would look like "caving" to a Democrat. Above all, Trump in the White House and Mitch McConnell in the Senate don't want to ever make it look like a Democrat was able to accomplish something; they have zero interest in bipartisanship despite how much they whine about "do nothing" and "partisan" Democrats. (A mountain of legislation passed by the Democratic-majority House of Representatives lies dead on Mitch McConnell's desk, as he doesn't even want to bring any of it to a vote in the Senate, lest Republicans look bad by voting against legislation that would help this country.)

Unless this administration follows through on what the CDC director promised, the cost of testing would fall on each person tested and their insurance provider (and they better hope they have one). There are some really crummy insurance plans out there too, so it could end up costing even people with insurance a lot of money.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Almost certain Trump knows he's infected but refuses to tell anyone.
tumblr_o7sr4kMl8o1us88awo8_400.gifv

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
abc right now is calling trump the most important person in the world and worrying about him taking unnecessary risk of getting infected by shaking hands and passing the mic...

He's obviously already infected!

Ain't it fucked that if he gets sick we'll probably start to manage this better because he'll just handwave the authority to someone else?

Like, that's the best we can hope for. That Trump gets sick.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
We're super fucked. 1 million tests in a month is not enough. This shit is spreading and we can't even be certain where/when because WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FUCKING TESTS TO KNOW.
Ehh 1 million tests wouldn't be so bad. Ideally we'd be able to bump that up to 1.5 or 2 million. That said, South Korea has done 250,000 tests since Jan 20 and they have done a pretty good job at slowing the spread. Of course they have roughly 1/6th of the population of the US but if you do the math a million tests per month for 300 million people more or less works out to testing at the same rate as South Korea.

Edit: Whether or not we will actually get a million tests a month is the real question. I have my doubts.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
He was against the travel ban saying that the virus was already here and that it wouldn't do much and then he went on to praise trump for the decision. I dont get how trump gets some seemingly professional people to kiss his ass.
They want 4 more years of Republican power. This was a Republican tv commercial. They'll tell the truth after his presidency. Libraries filled with crazy stories. But not right now. They rather live a countless lies than to risk having democrats in power.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Ain't it fucked that if he gets sick we'll probably start to manage this better because he'll just handwave the authority to someone else?

Like, that's the best we can hope for. That Trump gets sick.
I dunno, he passed the buck to someone proud of her involvement in handling HIV in the 80s... I guess that's still marginally better than Trump and Pence...

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
His response was: "I didn't disband it. I don't know who did. It was someone in my administration. Do you want me to take time to look it up for you now?"

He then said to the reporter that she used to work for other newspapers, implying she had been fired before. After his attack her mic was cut off.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the response was delayed until private corps could figure out how to profit from it tbh.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
Maybe you'll get a free test if you buy a case of Rockstar Energy Drink.

I'll take it.

Quest Labs - one of the "great, tremendous corps" whose CEOS are standing behind Trump - billed me $402 for a simple (doctor ordered) cholesterol test in Jan 2020 and I had to fight them for over a month to get them to properly bill my insurance for it.

There's no way this isn't going to turn into an absolute disaster for the average person in the USA.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
The swine flu that he brought up had a mortality rate of about .02%. This virus is well above that, given the information we have. ...He'd better fucking pray for a miracle.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So as a UK person do you guys have to pay for this test

If it's anything like other healthcare transactions it could look like this on billing statement(example only):

1. novel coronavirus test : $400 - (covered/waived)
2. Doctor office visit: $300 (partially covered by insurance)
3. Administration/tax/baffling items: $50
4: standard patient copay thing: $36
6. Basic flu remedy prescription or antibiotics for respiratory risk: $120 (subsidized co-pay)

you (or somebody like your employer or the loaded atm card you get in some plans) owe:

$112

It's almost never truly zero. YMMV

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Turning a pandemic into a business opportunity for multinationals, a pump and dump scheme and a deregulation frenzy is peak late stage capitalism.

Oct 28, 2017
6 months of no interest student loans means you can delay your payments without penalty. That's $2,400 in my pocket before making payments again.

Oct 27, 2017
If it's anything like other healthcare transactions it could look like this on billing statement(example only):

1. novel coronavirus test : $400 - (covered/waived)
2. Doctor office visit: $300 (partially covered by insurance)
3. Administration/tax/baffling items: $50
4: standard patient copay thing: $36
6. Basic flu remedy prescription or antibiotics for respiratory risk: $120 (subsidized co-pay)

you (or somebody like your employer or the loaded atm card you get in some plans) owe:

$112

It's almost never truly zero. YMMV
Then the $350 bill 3 months later saying the receptionist was out of network.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Always pass the buck. Always assign blame to someone else. Always have someone lined up to throw under the bus. Never take responsibility for anything.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After hours trading will be telling but we won't know if it's a rally or a vacillating spike till Monday. No argument from me that this was a tactically big deal for stock market but the hangover from the realization that retailers are literally creating pox parties and Trump is bailing out Exxon etc from crisis created by unrelated actions of his two main sponsors/blackmailers - and worse - Trump's GUARANTEED contradictory and disastrous statements, revelations, backtracks and details this weekend - is going to be extremely real.