• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I imagine the gun toting loons who like dressing up in tactical gear will be loving this. Hoping for the worse to live their lame dream.

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
I remember hearing people say that Obama or Clinton were going to call a national emergency in order to stay in power/kill people injudiciously.

I guess they were right about the "what", just not the specific details about "who" & "why" lol.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
I remember hearing people say that Obama or Clinton were going to call a national emergency in order to stay in power/kill people injudiciously.

I guess they were right about the "what", just not the specific details about "who" & "why" lol.

It's okay now though because he's not black and/or a Democrat.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
In Columbia until Tuesday. Been trying to stay level headed but I'm wondering if I'll even be allowed back in the states when I fly back.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I imagine the gun toting loons who like dressing up in tactical gear will be loving this. Hoping for the worse to live their lame dream.
Friends and family live in Oklahoma. Can confirm they've been borderline doomsday preppers for awhile and just itching at the chance to shore up with their guns, beer, and expensive 30-day emergency food kits.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Man, this is actually kind of sobering because you know he does NOT want to make that declaration.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So in other words, he's absolutely going to attack sanctuary cities and states like NY and California
He already is, states and cities are currently nullifying the immigration laws by refusing to enforce them. The feds can't force them to enforce them short of sending in the national guard (which is essentially a Rubicon) but they can and do send in their own immigration agents to act independently of the state/city infrastructure.

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
So in other words, he's absolutely going to attack sanctuary cities and states like NY and California
It depends on which type of emergency gets declared.

If it's under the Stafford Act, as it's expected, those broad powers only apply to FEMA and how funds are appropriated.

If it's under the National Emergency Act, then that's when the slope gets slippery.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
too late

www.cnn.com

US conducts airstrikes against multiple Iranian-backed militia sites in Iraq

The US carried out airstrikes on Thursday against multiple Iranian-backed militia sites in Iraq, according to the US Defense Department.

to be fair, Iran hasn't stopped blowing up our bases in Iraq. It just hasn't been making the news. We've had british and american deaths,.

www.wsj.com

Rocket Attack on Iraqi Base Kills Two U.S. Troops, British Soldier

Two American troops and a British soldier were killed in a rocket attack Wednesday that targeted an Iraqi base where coalition troops are stationed, and U.S. officials said they are considering retaliatory options.

Oct 27, 2017
What will all his idiot supporters who denied its existence do now??
Blame it on China and communism, declare war on China, pull a bunch of conspiracy theories out of their ass about democrats, elections and the deep state. Basically how any trumper deals with any situation, by finding a way to be horribly racist and completely stupid / ignorant about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
to be fair, Iran hasn't stopped blowing up our bases in Iraq. It just hasn't been making the news. We've had british and american deaths,.

www.wsj.com

Rocket Attack on Iraqi Base Kills Two U.S. Troops, British Soldier

Two American troops and a British soldier were killed in a rocket attack Wednesday that targeted an Iraqi base where coalition troops are stationed, and U.S. officials said they are considering retaliatory options.

Yeah it's crazy, will these tit-for-tat exchanges just continue while both countries are melting down due to internal mishandling of the outbreak?

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

The Right does literally horrible everything they claim the Left will do/has done. There's a very real reason why they come up with all that shit - they think to do it first and just assume the other side would too.

FirMatt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boston MA
Do any ERA folk have some sort of remote home/cabin/bunker that they plan to retreat to? My partner does have a cabin up in rural Vermont...

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After the previous one I'm actually more scared of his Teleprompter incompetence- when he misreads things - instead of doing what a normal person does and correcting himself - he doubles down on errors and makes them policy or throws agencies and citizens under his ego bus.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India

Deus Ex is a ridiculously intelligent game.

Informed Guard: Executive Order 10990. It lets us take over all modes of transportation.
New Guard: FEMA can do that?
Informed Guard: If the President declares an emergency. Executive Order 10995. We can take over the media.
New Guard: All of it?
Informed Guard: Any at all. Executive Order 10997. We can take command of natural resources.
New Guard: So it's all legal.
Informed Guard: The National Security Act also falls under our umbrella. And the Defense Production Act. If he plays his cards right, Walton Simons can pull off a bloodless coup.
New Guard: All the better. Then we don't have to fight.
Informed Guard: Exactly.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember:

Wait one hour after the speech in case the White House needs to correct any of the President's statements to the opposite of what he said.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Are we gonna get zombie trump? Word salad trump? Blame Obama trump? Coronavirus trump? So many to choose from! SAD! My guess is all of the above.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Remember: This will be a press conference, not an address to the nation.

It's going to fly off the rails at light speed.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think with all the word salads Trump spews to the American people we'd have solved the obesity crisis.