• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
One of the rare instances where the constant teasing actually put me off a game. If they reveal something stupid tomorrow like a countdown...

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
The teasing for so long is fine if come the weekend we get a huge blowout, now if that is not the case and we get a cgi trailer and then no big follow ups its a problem.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Man, if this game looks underwhelming, in any kind of way, they're gonna get so much backlash.
After so much teasing, they have no margin for error.
Either they blow everyone away or they'll never hear the end of it.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I can see how they got themselves into this marketing predicament.

The initial tease was tied to Batman day and the character's 80th anniversary, where every steward of the franchise acknowledged it. It would have been weird to say nothing.

From then on it felt like the developers were trying to avoid a blackout after stoking the hype, but didn't really have a plan, budget or permission to step on an formal marketing campaign.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The teasing for so long is fine if come the weekend we get a huge blowout, now if that is not the case and we get a cgi trailer and then no big follow ups its a problem.

If I were the marketing manager, I would have really pushed for "fuck it, throw a sizeable gameplay trailer up out of the blue with no build-up!"

Then the headlines would have all been "New Batman game! New Batman game!" instead of "WB Back On Their Shit."

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Has this game been teased via their twitter account for a full year yet... sure feels like it at this point.

Edit 1: Scrolling down their twitter page it seems they started teasing it on Sept 22nd, so close.
Edit 2: Plenty of other people have already mentioned this on here, never mind me...

Last edited:

iareec

Banned
Jul 19, 2020
Lmao I already started to build a speculation on Reddit based on this (today), Jez Corden tweet about some deal with another studio coming soon (today) and ZhugeEX using word "Redacted" (weeks ago), but then I checked and it was used for Xbox old IP. Still think there's something or maybe it's to much coincidence.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
If I were the marketing manager, I would have really pushed for "fuck it, throw a sizeable gameplay trailer up out of the blue with no build-up!"

Then the headlines would have all been "New Batman game! New Batman game!" instead of "WB Back On Their Shit."

I think with all the restructuring etc happening and their big Fandome that just wasn't going to happen. They laid off a huge amount of the DC comics staff so may have felt it was out of place also going wooo Batman at the time.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Am I the only one who sees a kitten there?

ejbt_ssss.jpg
Clearly a fish eating a pair of ovaries.

Anyway fuck these stupid fucking teases.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or is "dammit just reveal the thing already" like the running theme with DC Fandome this year?

Like thank fuck most of the rest of the industry has been better about keeping announcements within a year, Christ.

Oct 29, 2017
Feels pretty tone deaf to me to continue with these teases, but I guess there's an audience for this. At least now we have a concrete reveal date to look forward to.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe that it's August 2020 and we still have not seen either Rocksteady or WB Montreal's games. But looks like the wait is finally almost fucking over!

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
God help them if they only show a CG trailer at the DC thing.

their cg teasers are awesome. the one with batman vs deathstroke was nuts. its gonna be a bit disappointing after all this waiting, sure. but if its a cg teaser with promise of gameplay footage very shortly after (i.e. with a date or something) then I think it will be aiight.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I know they probably had a plan Covid screwed up, but why do they still instist lmao. At least we know we're getting this on Saturday.

And yeah, considering they were planning to reveal this during E3 and that this should be out relatively soon, I'd be pissed if we only got a CG trailer or a short in-game teaser. Like, that's what I expect for Suicide Squad.

It'd be nice if this actually showed a chunk of gameplay.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure a teaser at this point is gonna drive the kind of hype that WB Montreal wants. Most reactions I've seen are salty that it's taken this long to begin with.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I think with all the restructuring etc happening and their big Fandome that just wasn't going to happen. They laid off a huge amount of the DC comics staff so may have felt it was out of place also going wooo Batman at the time.

Yeah. If they were insistent on saving it for Fandome, though, they could just show it at Fandome. Starting another tease cycle is the problem.

People losing their minds in this thread over 4 more days of waiting... Come on.
  1. Nobody is "losing their minds".
  2. They've been teasing it for almost a year now. Of course some people are going to react with "oh, fuck off" when they finally resurface only to start teasing again.
  3. There's no guarantee that anything meaty will be shown at Fandome. It's highly likely, and it'll probably be the case, but with the way their marketing has been thus far, there's definitely a non-zero chance that we'll get a CG trailer and a panel where they can't answer anything because marketing won't allow them to talk about it yet. I'm not rooting for them to fail, and I want to eat crow on this, but I don't have much faith at this point.
Like, if they hadn't teased, nobody would have reacted, because everyone already forgot about the game. People only care because they cropdusted the room again.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This shit is so stupid after the earlier teasing they started last year.

I hope this isn't just a CG trailer at the end.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
not that anybody cares but the numbers on the rotating twitter video are an IP address (13.82.67.235) that goes to r3dakt3d.com

There, I solved the ARG, show the damn game already

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
If it turns out to be a cgi trailer that the event expands on with a gameplay deep dive (and the game itself is a single player one at its core), then I'll be over the moon with hype.

If it's just a cgi trailer with no gameplay in sight, and/or the game is another multiplayer GaaS, I'm gonna grab some popcorn and watch the internet tear it to shreds between SGDQ runs.

Koivusilta

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
The contrast between Rocksteady's game just getting announced out of the blue while WB Montreal's game is STILL being teased after a goddamn year is pretty amusing, really.

Last edited: