• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Seems like the popular Inuyasha franchise is getting new animated content past the anime's ending point.

EXgcCDwXgAEE5Zp

The project is focussing on the daughters of the two demon brothers Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. Not much more is known at this point in time.

Some more character designs also here
EXgck2PWsAIvxB6

EXgcgMtXQAA7EY8

More info got released! The official title is now Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon. It appears now that all 3 characters are the daughters of the brothers.
Synopsis:
The daughters of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha set out on a journey transcending time!

In Feudal Japan, Half-Demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated from each other during a forest fire. While desperately searching for her younger sister, Towa wanders into a mysterious tunnel that sends her into present-day Japan, where she is found and raised by Kagome Higurashi's brother, Sota, and his family.

Ten years later, the tunnel that connects the two eras has reopened, allowing Towa to be reunited with Setsuna, who is now a Demon Slayer working for Kohaku. But to Towa's shock, Setsuna appears to have lost all memories of her older sister.

Joined by Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, the three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past.

Thoughts? Are you hyped or excited?

Last edited:

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
sequel to inuyasha????
goddamn i hated inuyasha halfway, one of the draggiest series i've ever had the misfortune to follow
made me hate takahashi so much i'm not following any more of her crap

edit: hmm the poster says "sesshomaru has a daughter"
but the left side it says "the daughters of the brothers opens the door to a new legend"

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This and the Bleach revival is heaven's punishment for people who enjoyed Dragon Ball Super. Now every major shonen's coming back, no matter how bad they were...

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I'm hella hyped for this.

I just rewatched the entire series last month, and it was an absolute blast.

Classic anime~

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I hope they bring back Yukino somehow, her performance as Kagome is one of my all-time favourite in the medium.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
So uh...I guess that's Rin's daughter. Better be a LONG timeskip from the series ending.

Nov 23, 2017
Oh god, I'm excited but PLEASE let it not be Rin as the mother of Sesshomaru's daughter.

I watched the HELL out of InuYasha and had the whole franchise on DVD. They need to put the series on Blu Ray.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
is...Rin the baby momma of Sesshomaru's child? Uhhhhh...

Edit: is this fake? Look at the profile of the twitter user in the OP.

Last edited:

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Oh god, I'm excited but PLEASE let it not be Rin as the mother of Sesshomaru's daughter.

I watched the HELL out of InuYasha and had the whole franchise on DVD. They need to put the series on Blu Ray.
I believe it is being released on BD:
www.rightstufanime.com

Inu Yasha Set 1 Blu-ray

About Inu Yasha Set 1 Blu-rayInu Yasha Set 1 contains episodes 1-27 of the anime directed by Masashi Ikeda, adapted from the manga by Rumiko Takahashi.Kagome Higurashi, an average ninth grader, gets pulled into an ancient well by a demon, bringing her 500 years in the past to the feudal era...

OP
OP
Sanka

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Who's the guy on that pic? I'm guessing Sango/Miroku's kid?
Looking at the clothes and assuming he is not from the modern era like Kagome, this seems to be set during the end of the edo period and start of the Meiji era when the japanese started to adopt western clothing. So around the early to mid 19th century.

That would be a time skip of at least 100 years tho lol. That can't be true cause Kagome would be dead at that point.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
wake me when they make a new Ranma 1/2 show revival like they did for Jojo and Sailor Moon.

Nov 23, 2017
I believe it is being released on BD:
www.rightstufanime.com

Inu Yasha Set 1 Blu-ray

About Inu Yasha Set 1 Blu-rayInu Yasha Set 1 contains episodes 1-27 of the anime directed by Masashi Ikeda, adapted from the manga by Rumiko Takahashi.Kagome Higurashi, an average ninth grader, gets pulled into an ancient well by a demon, bringing her 500 years in the past to the feudal era...
Awww yisss, thanks so much.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sesshomaru has a daughter? Was that part of the ending?

I need to rewatch Inuyasha.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at the clothes and assuming he is not from the modern era like Kagome, this seems to be set during the end of the edo period and start of the Meiji era when the japanese started to adopt western clothing. So around the early to mid 19th century.

That would be a time skip of at least 100 years tho lol. That can't be true cause Kagome would be dead at that point.

Hmmm I guess new protagonist then?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So this is real, right? I know a lot of popular shonen series have gotten spin-offs about the kids.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I loved Inuyasha back in the day but really have very little memory of how it all ended. Maybe I should do a rewatch. Either way, this is very cool.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I fucking love Inuyasha, but "it's the main characters' kids" deflates my hype pretty bad. It's such a boring, rote approach to sequel projects, and it always feels like a lame excuse to recycle character relationships.

Thanks OP for pushing me on a trip down memory lane:

Best anime ED. Don't @ me.

InuYasha is the Sonic of anime EDs.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Well, I'm glad I finished reading the manga earlier this year. I hope they will be more interesting than the original series.