• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
2021.falcom.co.jp

英雄伝説 黎の軌跡 (クロノキセキ) | 公式サイト - Falcom

ここから新しい軌跡(ものがたり)がはじまる――。日本ファルコム「軌跡シリーズ」完全新作『英雄伝説 黎の軌跡 (クロノキセキ)』好評発売中!

0wLaYHg.png

GN6nAOg.jpg

HnXfW0z.jpg

Looks like he's into cars.

Last edited:

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
The disrespect for my boy Rean in here....

new MC should have been a girl, but this is Falcom we are talking about.
New engine looks good, much better lighting.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
That shot in the city of the new girl looks extremely good for Falcom. Good improvements all around. Really can't wait. I could do without the immediate and incredibly boring IT'S REAN AGAIN/IT'S LLOYD AGAIN stuff.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
As much as we all are having ptsd/burnout over Rean, all of what's revealed so far seems really promising

1. Currently revealed cast are all adults, no highschool teens in sight. Hopefully they aren't rookies/first-timers with their profession either so no need for a story setup of them learning how to do their job. Digging the potential of the "morally grey' theme they're going with.

2. A new battle system that should freshen things up a bit.

3. An alignment system that can change up the story and even the characters you meet. Sounds like an excuse to do multiple playthroughs as you wait for Kuro no Kiseki 2 lol

4. A better engine so the series can look less like a budget PS3 jrpg. I heard Hajimari has brought good cutscenes to the series now with actual characters moving so mixing that in with this new engine should be great

ara

Oct 26, 2017
There's a clear difference between a "dislike" and "hatred". Hatred that's so strong that there's legitimate fears in people that he's going to be the main character in a new series that takes place in a different country and is going to have 90% new characters.

If you don't like a character, fine. But if your dislike for him is strong enough to the point of completely irrational thinking, maybe it's time to step away from the franchise in which he's a major part of? And yeah I'm calling it irrational thinking because no rational mind wastes this much energy mustering up hatred for a fictional character of which the worst you can say about him is that he's a little on the bland side.

Lmao, nobody here has that sort of genuine hatred for him. It should be pretty obvious that all of the more over-the-top posts are humorous. It takes literally 5 seconds of my time to say "I'd gouge my eyes out if Rean is the MC" after which I'd just get back to work and forget about the whole post in actual seconds. Likewise saying "oh god I hope it's not Rean again" has absolutely nothing indicating it's a "legitimate fear". It's just a throwaway comment on an internet forum.

I think some of the posts about "Rean PTSD" or "Rean salt" are taking this whole conversation a bit too seriously. There's nothing much to really conversate about, so might as well meme on Rean for a bit, cause he sucks.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
If there's a bonding system I'm assuming that there won't just be these 3 members lol.

Still I do hope that if they do have a bonding system it doesn't become as convoluted as Cold Steel. I'm not gonna lie it would have been cooler if we had red head Adol as the MC.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Oi, please don't copy and paste the whole post. A snippet and link to the story if you would kindly edit your post.

www.gematsu.com

The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki first details, screenshots

Falcom has released the first official information and screenshots for The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki, the newly announced latest entry in the Trails series and its 40th anniversary commemora…
"This latter half of the Trails series is about to begin! "

What does this mean? Have they announced they're only around halfway past the overarching plot?

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

What does this mean? Have they announced they're only around halfway past the overarching plot?

I dunno, I just translated what it said in the press release. And that's what it says, so I guess we're just starting the second half now.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Thanks
Oi, please don't copy and paste the whole post. A snippet and link to the story if you would kindly edit your post.

www.gematsu.com

The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki first details, screenshots

Falcom has released the first official information and screenshots for The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki, the newly announced latest entry in the Trails series and its 40th anniversary commemora…
Thanks for the translation. So it's not a bounty hunter, a negotiator and a detective, but those are just descriptions of their work.

I'm a bit glad the new screenshot of the supposed new MC is more laid back. The other ones gave me Machias vibes. Also gives hope that he's a bit different than Rean.

Yes. Falcom said 3 arcs remain, one is Calvard. The other ones probably Arteria, Leman and/or Remiferia

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018

I'd love to say they are doing it on purpose as a reaction to people calling the initial pics Rean so they drew art of the main guy in Lloyd's outfit and covered his face.

But I don't think they came up with that key art in like 5 hours haha. Maybe this was all on purpose from the start.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Protagonist being a detective like Lloyd is interesting because this time he seems like working as a merc instead of the police force. All the legal barriers the character had to comply in the Crossbell arc will be non existent for the new protagonist and that makes everything a lot more interesting imo.

Yes. Falcom said 3 arcs remain, one is Calvard. The other ones probably Arteria, Leman and/or Remiferia

kiseki.fandom.com

Zemuria

Zemuria (ゼムリア大陸(たいりく)), also known as Zemlya in Falcom's romanisation in Trails of Cold Steel, is the continent on which the Kiseki series takes place. It is the only known continent in the series. The creation of the world is recorded in the Book of Genesis, one of the Testaments of the Septian...

With pretty much half of Zemuria not still revealed, the 2 remaining arcs are likely to be about 2 big countries yet not cited in Trails at all.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Protagonist being a detective like Lloyd is interesting because this time he seems like working as a merc instead of the police force. All the legal barriers the character had to comply in the Crossbell arc will be non existent for the new protagonist and that makes everything a lot more interesting imo.

kiseki.fandom.com

Zemuria

Zemuria (ゼムリア大陸(たいりく)), also known as Zemlya in Falcom's romanisation in Trails of Cold Steel, is the continent on which the Kiseki series takes place. It is the only known continent in the series. The creation of the world is recorded in the Book of Genesis, one of the Testaments of the Septian...

With pretty much half of Zemuria not still revealed, the 2 remaining arcs are likely to be about 2 big countries yet not cited in Trails at all.
IIRC Kondo said that Kiseki focuses on Western Zemuria. So I think Calvard is as East as it will go.
I'm pretty sure one of the remaining arcs is Leman/Arteria. There is so much lore to find there, and it has been referenced a couple of times that there is a big Ouroboros vs. Church and Bracer HQ conflict going on.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping the mc is a asshole lol

I've been hoping we'd see a Trails MC with a bit more edge to them for a while now and my thirst for that has only gotten stronger since I played all "routes" of Ys Origin a while back, so yeah, 100% seconded. While I absolutely enjoy an anti-hero or even a villain protagonist or at least a more nuanced take on a good guy more than your Regular Old Good Guy, I don't hate the latter type either, but the last couple of Trails subseries' have had just the most milquetoast, flavorless goody two shoes as their MCs that I am genuinely a bit surprised how they seem to even have stans. Like, you can like good guys all you want, that's fine, but... These guys?

That said, the modern Trails formula is seemingly so rigid that I don't really have any actual hope that we'd get anything more than a goody two shoes with short temper or something at best. They have to be likeable enough to act as a leader to a willing group of people, they have to be a part of an organization that helps others, etc.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
IIRC Kondo said that Kiseki focuses on Western Zemuria. So I think Calvard is as East as it will go.
I'm pretty sure one of the remaining arcs is Leman/Arteria. There is so much lore to find there, and it has been referenced a couple of times that there is a big Ouroboros vs. Church and Bracer HQ conflict going on.

Didn't know that. Pretty weird nobody in western Zemuria even mentions the eastern countries aside the realization there's a country east of Calvard. Maybe there's an huge mountain like in Gagharv separating them? I wonder if there will be post Trails LoH games about Eastern Zemuria...

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Didn't know that. Pretty weird nobody in western Zemuria even mentions the eastern countries aside the realization there's a country east of Calvard. Maybe there's an huge mountain like in Gagharv separating them? I wonder if there will be post Trails LoH games about Eastern Zemuria...
I think you are kind of right. But instead of a mountain there is supposed to be a huge desert east of Calvard. Because of the ongoing desertification there, Calvard gets lots of immigration from the East, hence their internal conflicts and anti-immigration terrorism. Maybe the reason for the desertification in East Zemuria is gonna be in another LoH saga

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do like a blue coat and a popped collar. He may not be too bad. I would like to see the face though. I wonder if it'll be anime. The suspense is killing me.

I can't tell if his hair is blue or if it's "black" like Rean's and Joshua's even though it looks blue. Now that I think of it, when I first saw Rean I thought he was basically a Joshua clone... they clearly like that look.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So rean and lloyd basically used the fusion technique to bring forth the ultimate harem in zemuria!

More seriously, i hope the bonding system is just about friendship and not choosing your favorite waifu shit

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017

Isn't that basically the Bracers though?

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Spriggans sound more like PDs, hitmen, and fixers than the more "honorable" Bracers and Crossbell police. It seems like Calvard's got a looser sense of what's ethically sound in general, even if the government abides by stricter principles. This really must be Falcom's way to hand-wave constant comparisons with new casts inevitably doing Bracer-level quests throughout the game, as spriggans are a grey-morality blend of previous lines of work inhabited by series main casts. It also reminds me of modern wuxia novels with protagonists who traverse the classic Chinese (diaspora) underbelly doing a variety of tasks, whether on contract or for themselves, ethics be damned.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
So rean and lloyd basically used the fusion technique to bring forth the ultimate harem in zemuria!

More seriously, i hope the bonding system is just about friendship and not choosing your favorite waifu shit

You know full well that the bonding system is gonna have waifu stuff lol. Just hope that it won't be as convoluted as Cold Steel.

I hope they don't lock up important story content when they inevitably use the bonding system tho.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany

IIRC Cold Steel 4 was like 60% of the whole story? I have that number stuck in my head from somewhere.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
You know full well that the bonding system is gonna have waifu stuff lol. Just hope that it won't be as convoluted as Cold Steel.

I hope they don't lock up important story content when they inevitably use the bonding system tho.

yeah, i know, let me dream! I wish it was more like skits in tales, involving everyone, not just the MC being the center of everything, let everyone interacts a bit...

The intreview says that fans love bonding events.... no dude, we like the scenes themselves, not being locked out of them and it being optionnal...

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
2021.falcom.co.jp

英雄伝説 黎の軌跡 (クロノキセキ) | 公式サイト - Falcom

ここから新しい軌跡(ものがたり)がはじまる――。日本ファルコム「軌跡シリーズ」完全新作『英雄伝説 黎の軌跡 (クロノキセキ)』好評発売中!

0wLaYHg.png

GN6nAOg.jpg

HnXfW0z.jpg

Looks like he's into cars.
I like his design. Lloyd's colors and Rean's coat. Something like the SSS but more shady sounds promising. But we have to wait nearly 2 years until its Western release...

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope we get another female character in the party because the current one looks a bit like a Alisa knockoff which I'm not a fan of unfortunately.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
BiXrr9t.png

from the Falcom paid stream. Enami is back, huh?

For context, Enami was the Crossbell/Ys Seven artist.

Yeah, I had my fingers crossed after seeing some of the art. Very happy with that.

For further context, he's also behind the designs of Baccano!, the redrawn characters from the most recent Star Ocean port (and Star Ocean 4), etc.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Zero and Ao had a few super hard misses as far as character portraits go, but for the most part I thought the designs were good and the ones posted above are definitely great. Even the girl is relatively tame, which gives me some hope for the rest.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Best character designs since Estelle and Joshua. Especially the male lead (the girl looks good but I prefer certain other characters like Emma over her). Hype!

Ruuppa

Oct 27, 2017
Looking really good. I like the character designs going on here.

(thankgoditsnotreanphew)

Oct 27, 2017
(the girl looks good but I prefer certain other characters like Emma over her). Hype!

fetchimage

It's pretty much impossible to top Emma's design in CS3/4 so I can't give the designer grief for that. The new designs in general do look excellent though.

I look forward to playing the western releases in 2030, provided the ARPG rumours are not true. ARPG combat will immediately destroy all hype I have.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Given how Falcom have occasionally taken cues from other RPGs in refining the gameplay, would hope they look to FFVII:R in respect to boss fights. Crossbell's artist being back is pretty neat (I think more Elie with the girl than Alisa, but that's me).
Hoping the mc is a asshole lol
Not what I look for in a lead, but he could stand to be at least somewhat less strait-laced than Rean.