• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who should the hero marry?

• Bianca

Votes: 177 63.4%
  • Nera

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Debora

Votes: 66 23.7%

• Total voters

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I had no idea they were making a dq movie. It looks better than I expected before watching it, and I kinda like that its not using the Toriyama art style, but the monsters still look cartoony.

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this movie comes to the west. I wonder if they'll include the secret honeymoon scene.

OP
OP
Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
How to train your Dragon Slime edition
FYWj7Ry.jpg

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
A possibly PG-13+ CG animated feature film? takemymoney.jpg

With the CG being pretty good, I could see someone picking this up for western release.

It's also nice to see a DQ property not explicitly look like Toriyama(at least, the human characters).

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Is this going to just cover parts of DQV? Are they doing a movies series? Or is this going to be the whole DQV story reduced to 90 minutes of quick cuts?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Will the music be altered in the International release? 🤔

Also Slime is being the real MVP.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Marry Debora, not her sister.

Don't make the same mistake I did, CG V hero!

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Looks alright. And with a bigger budget than I thought it would have.
It's just weird to see such a personal experience -from the player's perspective- ripped away from you in a way and put into the rigid structure of a movie. It's kinda alienating. And that's not a criticism, but it will always be impossible to replicate that role-playing experience in a film.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I hadn't heard of this. Looks really good--and really different! Also curious to see if there's a canon bride. Hopefully this gets some kind of western release

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Fucking hell, how did I not know about this? My favourite DQ after VIII.

It not having the Toriyama artstyle is weird, but it's actually damn pretty, including the character designs themselves!

Also, Bianca, of course.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So as someone who hasn't played DQV, the movie looks quite pretty. But I need to know, how in the world are they going to make a 50 or so hour RPG into a single film and not have it be totally butchered in terms of plot? For all I know DQV has a short mainline plot and a ton of fluff, but it seems odd from an outside perspective.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Five bucks say he

probably doesn't get married and have the kids and it just turns into a love triangle situation.

OP
OP
Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
So as someone who hasn't played DQV, the movie looks quite pretty. But I need to know, how in the world are they going to make a 50 or so hour RPG into a single film and not have it be totally butchered in terms of plot? For all I know DQV has a short mainline plot and a ton of fluff, but it seems odd from an outside perspective.
The story is pretty much The Lion King/Hamlet. I imagine it will get rid of the random village vignettes, but it's not like this can't be adapted to a feature film.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Why does Five/Hero/MainCharacter have a sword? He always had a stick in his official art! I know in some scenes of the trailer he has the stick and the giant ass sword, but still!

I wonder what's going to be his name in the movie
He cannot be Hero, and Five is a dumb name for a protagonist. Abel? Madason?

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
They'll probably skip a lot of vignettes. From what I can tell though the whole marriage plotline has to be in the movie since it looks like Hero's travelling with Bianca to get the Water Ring in this trailer.
Why does Five/Hero/MainCharacter have a sword? He always had a stick in his official art! I know in some scenes of the trailer he has the stick and the giant ass sword, but still!

I wonder what's going to be his name in the movie [spoile]He cannot be Hero, and Five is a dumb name for a protagonist. Abel? Madason?[/spoiler]
I think they'll probably go with Madason. IIRC it's his canon name.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
The look of it is real nice, but the character animations don't look that great in some areas honestly. Like towards the end when he's swinging the sword in the air.

Vexingsruzz

Oct 29, 2017
Well, that looked a lot better than I was expecting. I am digging the CGI used here. Seeing Pankraz in action is going to be a treat.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
A possibly PG-13+ CG animated feature film? takemymoney.jpg

With the CG being pretty good, I could see someone picking this up for western release.

It's also nice to see a DQ property not explicitly look like Toriyama(at least, the human characters).
It is interesting to see.

Would you guys be down for a DQ that looked like this?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wonder if this could be the start of a DQ film series, which one they could do next. 3 or 8 probably.