• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
This actually lools kinda fun now. The trailer gives the movie a completely different tone now. I like it.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It'd be hard to not be an improvement over the original design, but they really did a great job here. Tyson Hesse saved us from that abomination!

Unfortunately, the film will still probably be meh, but with a decent Sonic design.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
It's absurd how botched the original design was, and how basic and obvious the new design is that it begs the question, how, how did the first one came to be when the second, if proposed originally, wouldn't have caused that much derision.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wow, the redesign looks absolutely fantastic, I must admit. Not really interested in the movie, but damn, that's a step up.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Kids will love it, first trailer was a better fit despite the horrible design and horrible song they had with it that just did not fit at all (sorry, MTV played that song out before some of you were even born)

I think end of the day families will enjoy it and if you're a parent taking a little one to go watch it you may walk away from it smiling a few times. Unless you're one of those....no fun allowed types.

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good design, I chuckled at some of those jokes. All of the funny scenes are probably in this trailer. But hey, will probably be better than detective pikachu.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
They shouldnt have bothered pumping more money into it . It was always designed as a kids movie and most of them wouldnt even care what sonic looks like.

Still I appreciate they went and redesigned it but i doubt it will significantly changed its audience numbers.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The design is ridiculously better than I thought it would be, feel like the trailer overall is worse though. Still, Jim Carrey as Robotnik, I'll be there opening weekend

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Shouts out to JJ Fad.
Supersonic was one of my favorite classic 80s tracks.

I wouldn't be remiss in saying this is pretty tangibly improved.
I'm... Kinda looking forward to this(?)
Still looks corny as hell, but I'm into it

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That is a legitimately great Sonic design. I'm also liking Ben Schwartz's voice work for Sonic. He fits the character well. And Jim Carrey is the perfect Robotnik. I can't wait to see how he slowly transforms into the more traditional Eggman by the end.

I'm actually looking forward to this. It's clearly more catered for kids, but I'll probably get some fun out of it.

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
The movie looks like it will appeal to kids pretty well.

And the redesigned Sonic will be more appealing to the nostalgic parents buying the tickets for the kids.

Based on the redesign and vibe of this new trailer I'm more interested in this movie than I previously was, and would totally watch it if my kid wants to.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Man, you guys lied in that design leak thread. Y'all said this was gonna be a good movie now that he got redesigned, but none of the dialogue in this trailer landed.

Oct 25, 2017
They shouldnt have bothered pumping more money into it . It was always designed as a kids movie and most of them wouldnt even care what sonic looks like.

Still I appreciate they went and redesigned it but i doubt it will significantly changed its audience numbers.
What is with this faux narrative that kids will feast on any slop garbage they're given. Kids can sniff out bullshit immediately, shit designs included.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Dear Christ much better! How was that so hard to begin with?

Now if only they could fix the humour...

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly out of all things, the Sonic here is giving me flashes of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Not the same energy exactly, but it's a bit close to it with how Sonic puts on all these disguises and his kinda' quirky energy.

The movie won't be amazing, but I'll probably watch it once.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Oh look, it looks much better when the talking cartoon animal is just allowed to be a talking cartoon animal.

Buuut, it'll probably still be a bad movie. Tho I guess watching Carrey devour the scenery could be fun.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Looks better than I expected
ejkwhdhwoaibiid8fj8t.jpg
WTF
That was undeniably bad, really bad God. Kill it with fire

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Im still in utter disbelief that they actually used Gangsters Paradise for the original trailer. Like... lol

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
What is with this faux narrative that kids will feast on any slop garbage they're given. Kids can sniff out bullshit immediately, shit designs included.

The backlash wasn't from kids. It was from sonic fans who probably arent going to see this in theatres either.

Even here people agree it looks alot better but the movie still looks shit.

Would love to know how much more money they spent redesigning the entire movie for sonic fans who probably still wont watch it at the theatre.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the design is much better, doesn't mean it's going to be a good movie. At least it's not nightmare fuel anymore.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017

I am still flabbergasted at the idea of the original design being approved. Sure maybe they felt having him look more "cartoony" would not work with the real-world setting, but at some point - you're making a fucking Sonic the Hedgehog movie, not Christopher Nolan's next blockbuster.

Film will be eh, but at least Sonic does not look like something that will haunt your nightmares.