• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

Looks really nice.

They've updated their website as well:
blue-protocol.com

BLUE PROTOCOL

オンラインアクションRPG「BLUE PROTOCOL」の公式サイトです。

Beta applications open on the 12th, will allow 50k people in late march, apparently not region-locked (the game isn't in english for now though).

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Can't wait to play this in 8 years when it's brought over in English.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
The name just makes me think it's one of those cops & robbers MMOs like APB.

Looks pretty cool though. I'd check it out if it was single player.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Very hyped for this, hope it delivers

Bandai Namco is very good about bringing games over in English, too, so not too worried about that side of things either

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
People coming from 1000 years in the future to save the world, interesting premise.
Is that corpse shell Ludger at the end, lol?
Ludger_Chromatus.jpg

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is good and comes out in the US in a reasonable amount of time. I've been dying for a good action MMO.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Will keep an eye on this; looking forward to seeing what the character creator's like (and if it gets announced for the west).

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Sawano is on it? That explains why this reminded me of XCX in many ways.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched a clip of the alpha of this last night. Definitely will keep an eye on it, but man, do I need to upgrade my PC to be able to play any modern games.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this for the next Gen?

Could be huge for Namco if they put a mmo early in the next Gen

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Yea, the first time I've heard this main theme I closed my eyes and saw nothing but Xenoblade. If I didn't know it was from Blue Protocol, I'd think it was straight from XCX.

The game has a lot of potential. Great composer, excellent visual style, what remains to be seen is the gameplay loop and GACHA/paid stuff. I think people are thirsty for this kind of game as PSO2 shows, so Blue Protocol could potentially fill another void left by Western developers. However, I have zero interest if this turns out like your typical MMO.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Friend just mention this game to me and I already forgot about it. It sure looks nice but then again it's Namco-Bandai, they'll skim on the game in some way I'm sure. What I'm really hoping for is a good localization, that is all.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
This game is always so stunning looking. Kind of hard to believe it's an MMO. I'm really curious to see how it turns out.

I kind of wish this was secretly some .hack thing.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Is this for the next Gen?

Could be huge for Namco if they put a mmo early in the next Gen
PC doesn't have "gen" lol.
where's the page to signup?
Nothing yet, should be up tomorrow. You probably need to have Bamco ID to register for beta.

www.mmobyte.tv

Blue Protocol Closed Beta Registration Guide

Read more about Blue Protocol Closed Beta Registration Guide. MMORPG News, MMORPG Gameplay, MMORPG Reviews and more. Blue Protocol Closed Beta Registration Guide.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
That looks... pretty great!
IS this a subscription based MMO?

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
CBT registration is up.

blue-protocol.com

BLUE PROTOCOL

オンラインアクションRPG「BLUE PROTOCOL」の公式サイトです。

You need Japanese Bandai Namco ID

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Could be cool. If you can mute all derivative anime character voice lines then I'd play.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn dat Sawano music. That shit's amazing.

Game looks cool, if they actually release it here I might check it out.