• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People like 2?

Even as a kid I felt it was a downgrade. I liked the Zerg stuff and that was like it.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
how can you really judge anything from that clip other than it looks like Toy Story.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a short clip, without any context, that there is no possible way to judge the movie's quality from this.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
so all the toys that were written out of 3(or given away by Andy whatever) are finding their way back to the gang? Interesting.

RC cars incidentally don't do well in the rain, they tend to short out and uh, die. Hope RC can make it.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Would it kill them to make an actual trailer?

I'm more than willing to give this a chance, but that we're four months away from release and we're still only treated to incremental footage/teasers is worrying. At the very least, I'm hoping this redeems a lazy decade of Pixar sequels (Incredibles 2 notwithstanding).

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? This looks good and the first thing from 4 that would have sold me if Toy Story wasn't an automatic first showing series.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. Not a fan of OP putting his opinion in the title for something like this. This is the next movie I go to theatres to watch with my younger brothers.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I mean it's 30 seconds and almost nothing happens. I'm more concerned with the fact that this is the clip they decided to release. I'm still very interested in Toy Story.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure itll be good, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm not even sure why there should be a 4th one. I mean, I know why Pixar is making it, but 3 ended perfectly and I'd wish it stayed that way.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Toy Story 1 still gives me the most feelings, from that sequence at the stairs to Woody waving Buzz's arm across the street. Nothing since has quite evoked that emotion for me.

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm actually going to avoid trailers for Toy Story 4, not excited about it existing but I still wanna be blind for the most part.

But gotta say I'm in the "3 is alright" camp. As far as the ending, overall themes of growing up and moving on, and the incredible incinerator scene, it's great. But otherwise, I dunno, it was alright. The other movies were more adventurous and interesting IMO. Too much time in 3 was spent in the day care and at night IIRC so it also wasn't as visually interesting as the other movies.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Because she's Woody's Girlfriend and that element of the plot was left unresolved when they were forcibly separated.
I don't feel like that was an unresolved plot. Andy (and Molly) got rid of lots of toys and only kept the ones they really cared about. It was to show the passage of time, the kids had grown up, and set the tone of the beginning of TS3 with the toys feelimg like they were ultimately disposable and forgettable. Bringing her back just seems so forced now that the remaining gang is with Bonnie.

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019
It looks really bad. Rashida Jones wrote an awesome story that picked up after Toy Story 3 where woody goes in search of Bo Peep but that whole story was dropped in favor of whatever the hell the crap in the trailers is supposed to be.

None of the key figures that were involved in Toy story are with the studio anymore: Lee Unkrich left, Lasseter had to resign last year due to being a pervert, and Joe Ranft unfortunately past away years ago. The one new voice Rashida Jones was pushed out by the male-centric culture at Pixar and with her left any bit of hope I had left in this project.

This one is gonna be a money grab plane and simple and if it succeeds it's going to lead Pixar down the wrong path for a very long time.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Show me a good trailer for an animated film. Doesn't matter if it's a good film, show me a good trailer.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't look great, but it doesn't look bad. It's kind of par for the course for 2010s Pixar. I would be hard pressed to say anything Pixar's done in this past decade is bad, but there's only maybe 2 exceptional films they've released. It'll do well and both kids and parents will love it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
All I'm worried about is the two characters played by Key and Peele, since they sort of feel like they're just doing their shtick >.<

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
really the only gripe i have is the clip ending before the scene is over lol

its like taking 30 seconds out of idk the birthday present espionage scene from the first movie, like its a fun scene but it wouldnt be presented like that

Show me a good trailer for an animated film. Doesn't matter if it's a good film, show me a good trailer.
the initial trailer for Epic was really good imo cus it was just pretty visuals well cut to grandiose music. Frozen 2s trailer does the same thing

Last edited:

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm guessing RC gets destroyed, Bo Peep breaks an arm during the rescue attempt, and that causes Molly/Andy's mom to sell her at the next yard sale.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Woody to leave the gang and go off with Bo Peep as the ending?

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
That looked fine? It was such a short scene and completely lacking in context that I dont really see how one could criticise it.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Bo Peep wasnt in Toy Story 3 right?

Need to rewatch the trilogy before this comes out in Theaters.

Super hyped for it alongside Frozen 2 and all the other Disney/marvel movies.

Jun 10, 2018
This Toy Story 3 hate is boggling my mind right now, particularly the lazy ass criticisms of the movie pandering to nostalgia which doesn't even make sense.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks really bad. Rashida Jones wrote an awesome story that picked up after Toy Story 3 where woody goes in search of Bo Peep but that whole story was dropped in favor of whatever the hell the crap in the trailers is supposed to be.
So you read the story? If not I'm gonna need you to dial it back abit.

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing about that looks bad though.

My greatest fear is that this will end up ruining the awesome ending (and themes) of the 3rd movie. That one hit all the right notes for me. I'm still looking forward to this, but kinda fearful it'll make things weird I guess.

Wait till you find out that at the end of 4, Andy is seen as a young child playing with these characters.

You discover that all three movies were just imaginary adventures dreamed up by a young boy playing in his room with his inanimate toys.

IMG_5962.jpg