• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter is a platform that I've just never been able to get into for some reason. I've activated and then promptly deactivated my account several times over the last few years. What will happen is that I suddenly feel like being plugged into the immediacy of Twitter's swirling world of to-the-minute news and insider opinions, but then after I get my account going again and start adding accounts to follow I quickly lose interest. I'll be scrolling through my feed, and the signal-to-noise ratio just feels too low. Like I'm hunting around for interesting or informative Tweets to no avail, and then I end up just relying on other sites (like this one) to highlight the more pertinent or important Tweets as they come up.

So here I am, for whatever reason, ready to give Twitter another chance. I thought that maybe this time it would help to lean on ERA as a curator. I'm looking for worthwhile gaming-related Twitter accounts to follow.

Below are some examples of things I'm interested in:
  • Game devs who are responsive to their followers and/or frequently share updates/insights for the games they're working on
  • Games journalists who share interesting content rather than just external links to their published works
  • Artists who create and share (or sell) gaming-related fan-art, music, apparel, etc.
  • Accounts that track hot gaming rumors, news, or sales
  • Gaming enthusiasts who have interesting takes, critiques, long-form analysis, or video content to share
  • Cool retro gaming-related accounts that serve as an aggregate for retro news, artwork, etc.

This thread was borne from me asking for personal recommendations, but hopefully many others will also stumble upon Twitter pages that they end up enjoying by reading through.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Wario64 is real good for game deals.

Scrubquotes is a must if you like fighting games.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Definitely Wario64 and CAG for deals.

Supper Mario Broth for random Mario trivia

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
nibellion
wario64
zhugex
- industry news

patrickklepek
jasonschreier
- investigative journalism

the_rami
fullbright
dannyodwyer (noclipvideo)
shinobi602
metacritic
opencritic
- industry

waypoint
giantbomb
bratterz
digitalfoundry (Dark1x)
- gaming sites/channels

other_places_
manfightdragon
SunhiLegend
- game art, screenshots, videos

isthereanydeal
- game deals

austin_walker
jeffgerstmann
alex_navarro
- cool dudes

i follow a lot of individual journalists whom i find valuable, above is a sampling.

edit: oops didn't realise @'s would tag people in. removed.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I hear that Okabe fellow is pretty neat to follow

GrayFox

Oct 25, 2017
My favorites:

@ NESbot_feed
@ gematsucom
@ Wario64
@ Nibellion
@ ZhugeEX