• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Should be live worldwide now.
  • Detroit Become Human
  • Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (available until April 29, 2021)
  • Little Nightmares
  • Hotline Miami 2
  • Darksiders Genesis
  • WWE Battlegrounds (available until August 2nd, 2021)

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Great month, but PS Now continues to have the problem that there is a lot of overlap between PS+ and PS Now which is something I see as a general problem. Even though I love PS Now, I think they could revamp the service a whole lot. I'd look at changing the structure a lot, basically kill off PS Now. Make use of PS+ / PS+ Collection. Release PS1-3 games on PS+ Collection, and similar to the Switch's cloud-based games, just be upfront about them being cloud versions.

Looking from a competitive standpoint I feel like focusing on one service (PS+) is more attractive, even if that service is more expensive. Something like "Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN are owned by the same company, but separate services" or even "Live Gold + Game Pass" scares me away. The same case with PS+ and PS Now, especially because of the overlap in games. Wouldn't mind PS+ growing into something a lot bigger while at the same time raising prices.

Could also use the tech to make "1-hour demos" on the PSN Store for example, and to buy separate PS3 games. Would be awesome to at least have a chance of playing Playstation All-Stars, or Puppeteer, or Resistance, etc. Lots of great games stuck on PS3.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Ugh
Can't say I'm impressed :/
I dunno, I'll prolly unsubscribe this month and resub later...

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
It's funny how Sony seems more invested on PS Plus.
PS Now really is an afterthought that hasn't changed much in the last 2 or 3 years.

I wonder what they are planning with it. Jim Ryan teased some news about it a while ago.

B-Man

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'll need to renew my PSNow subscription once it lapses, I think that literally all the games that I played on PSNow ended up showing on PS+ (Or where on PS+ first). Right now I feel like PS+ & GamePass subs are enough for me.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
This would be so much easier if they'd just put out an emulator for their older systems

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Any COD other than the one currently on PS+ Collection would have been cool.

I don't know why Sony are so obsessed with BO3 of all games. At this point they've given it out on PS+ (in 2018), put it into the PS+ Collection for PS5 players (in 2020) and now put it on PS Now.

It is the 2015 COD game. There have been five other CODs since then.

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a bad month per se. I already have Detroit (maybe PS+?) and Hotline Miami 2, but I'm happy we're getting Darksiders Genesis and Little Nightmares. I'd play Blops 3, but unfortunately it's only in Spanish here in Spain and fuck playing games in Spanish.

Oh, and there's also that WWE game. Yeah. No.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
PS Now is not available in my country, but honestly i'm good having Plus only. Backlog is big enough with freebies from that sub alone.

Little Nightmares is nice btw but then Complete Edition physical is dirty cheap (like only 5 bucks).

Oct 27, 2017
Games are up on UK PS Now. Could have been better, I guess; not interested in CoD, Battlegrounds or Hotline 2. Will def check Detroit, DarkSiders Genesis and Little Nightmares out though.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Nice...was considering picking up Little Nightmares earlier.

I really haven't played much PSNow after subscribing this past year....there is a ton of overlap with PS+ and I already have a supermassive blackho...(backlog)

Even though, for me I'll probably re-up when my subscription renews. There are usually a couple of games there that I don't have and aren't (yet) PS+ that interest me.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Good month, always wanted to play little nightmares, but never bought it in case it wasn't my thing. HLM2 is great too. Solid month, but they need to really convince this with plus better.
However, i feel the service is getting more competitive lately, and since i got it for 42ā‚¬ a year i really can't complain at all.

Looks like the the $10 or Less Used Games bin at GameStop.
like all sub services honestly, with afew exceptions every now and then. Indies and 1 year old games that can easily be found on the cheap.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
They just might as well add the PS+ Games to PS Now for the same month, and sprinkle on some oldies but goodies as extra.

The only thing I can think of in a combo deal of the 2 services. Maybe actually come out with a mobile version of Now, that way it will give SOME incentive to use the streaming service when on the go or something. As far as the content, a PS+Now announcement, keep as long as you have the sub. Probably to go along with their 3 month expiration dates, have the monthly games stay on for a few months (just like what some PS5 games are doing currently anyway) and older games stay on the service, via Now.

Idk I am just throwing out some shit and seeing what sticks, but something gotta give here.

PS Dog

Mar 24, 2018

Detroit: Become Human
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
WWE 2K Battlegrounds
Darksiders Genesis
Little Nightmares
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Detroit: Become Human
WWE 2K Battlegrounds
Darksiders Genesis
Little Nightmares
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

ByWatterson

ā–² Legend ā–²
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good lineup, but two of those have been available via PS Plus. I'm convinced they want me to drop one of the two services.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I really enjoy that with some games the PSNow team is very upfront with when the games leave the service. I'd love it if Gamepass did that.

Also, this is a pretty good month I'd say, despite the better version of BO3 being in the PS+ collection

ByWatterson

ā–² Legend ā–²
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft want people to stop paying for gold and Sony want people to stop paying for now.

Thing is, PS Plus makes a lot more sense to me, over the long haul. I have far too much to play as it is, PS Plus supplements that on the cheap.

So, yeah, I'll be dropping Now, but it's fairly evident they want me to?

I think.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
That there is, but you only get around a 14 or so notice of when the game is leaving, compared to the date it leaves being included in the announcement.

They only announce those leaving dates for games that are limited to 3 or 6 months though. You don't generally get games on Game Pass that are that time limited so it's not really as pressing a thing I'd say. Most games are around a year and we've seen pubs quietly extend their deals to longer and then talk about that online. So I guess the leaving dates of a lot of GP stuff is 'to be determined'.

You're right, it is nice to see the leaving dates for some of this stuff up front but you equally don't generally get things like this month having COD Black Ops 3 there for only 3 months. I think they've only ever had two games with 3 month limits on Game Pass, GTAV and RDR2. They announced those dates when the games were announced, same as PS Now does.

Kirudo

May 1, 2020
I get to wonder why I have PS Now if it is giving games that I already had for the plus šŸ™ƒ

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Oh siiiickā€“ will be checking out Darksiders Genesis for sure!

Also, I'm continually surprised at how well the streaming is working for me. So nice to be able to just hop into a game and not have to wait for the download.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to play battlegrounds. I wanted to play it but really dont wanna give WWE money any more.