• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
tenor.gif
Thats all you need! Also if you platinum'd Bloodborne and beat Dark Souls 3, this game will feel like a cake walk to be honest. Just play however you think is most fun, its not nearly as fast paced and stressful as Bloodborne.

Oct 25, 2017
Start with Royal, focus on magic, and the fact that you have the platinum for Bloodborne means it'll be pretty easy already. Demon's Souls is an easier game in general.

You'll be fine.

Hope you enjoy it, it's a masterpiece.

How easy is that to acquire?
You only need to kill the first boss, which barely even tries to attack you.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Play Royal definitely.

But if magic is not your thing, go into a Faith build and get yourself a blessed weapon - regen in this game can be a bit broken lol.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
Noob question but why is Demon's Souls the easiest? If that's the consensus anyway. I've beat all the soulsborne games except the original DeS (never owned a PS3) + Sekiro but the prospect of not having bonfire-equivalents (archstones?) except at the start of an area and after every boss is stressing me out just thinking about it

That said I'm obviously going to play this anyway, I'm just prepared for a rough ride
If you already understand how to build a character and know the importance of upgrading your weapon you can really break the game. Enemies will deal a pitiable amount of damage and you'll cut through them like butter with a good weapon. Also there's a ton of shortcuts so bonfires aren't necessary. Bosses are also quite simple in comparison to the rest of the franchise.
Demon's should definitely be fairly manageable for a souls vet.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Why is magic the way to go? This will be ny very first game in this genre and i really want to play it to completion

if its the same as demon souls, royal starts with a spell and a ring that gives you passive mana regen, whoch i dont remember ever finding in demon souls when i played it. coupled with the fact that magic was pr4etty strong in demon souls and that you dont have any natural mana regen without using items or bonfires, you can play much more defensively and stay back and use magic on enemies, then wait for it to regen before continuing.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Demon's Souls is by far the easiest Souls game, just play it how you want. Summon if you're having trouble.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Co-op is so incredibly busted in this game. And they're upping the player count too, right?

I'm sure there'll be no problem summoning people on launch day, it'll be a cakewalk.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Demon's is the easiest of the whole series/franchise/thing. After playing BB and DS3 you will have no problems, you might even wonder what all the fuss was about.

SickNasty

Mar 18, 2020
If you've platinumed bloodborne you will be able to beat DS while checking your phone with the other hand. Don't worry about it.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
MĆ©xico
if its the same as demon souls, royal starts with a spell and a ring that gives you passive mana regen, whoch i dont remember ever finding in demon souls when i played it. coupled with the fact that magic was pr4etty strong in demon souls and that you dont have any natural mana regen without using items or bonfires, you can play much more defensively and stay back and use magic on enemies, then wait for it to regen before continuing.
Good, thank you

D23

Oct 25, 2017
I suck at souls game but i was able to beat demon souls using royal/magic and abuse soul arrow lol. Youll be fine

Arkham

Nov 12, 2017
This whole concept of invasions is what turned me off the first game and will probably prevent me from bothering with this one. I hate this trend of invasive multiplayer in games.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Damn that's a weird order. I usually do
1-1
1-2
2 all for that fire long sword
5 all because everything is weak to fire.
The rest doesn't matter.

I think doing all of 2 after 1-2 is the hard route, but perhaps the most common one. I think a lot of players get stuck on the first two bosses of that area. But 4-1 is a cakewalk and the enemies there give a tonne of Souls (and if I recall, upgrade materials too).

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Magic is so busted. You literally just stand back and melt everything away from a distance.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Do you still get the hints/bloodstains without PS+? I've always had it when I played the FROM games but I let it expire like 2 years ago almost since I never made use of it .

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Is the multiplayer similar to bloodborne in the sense that you can call upon random players to help you beat a boss or whatever? Or is it with friends only?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
OP, I feel like you're a little overqualified to be the OP of this thread. There are many of us out here who haven't played or beaten a single Souls game, let alone getting the platinum in Bloodborne.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
The game is honestly not that hard. It's kind of intimidating but when you get right down to it there's like 2 or 3 somewhat difficult bosses.

If you've platinumed Bloodborne and beat DS3 you'll sleepwalk through most of this game.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Royal is completely busted, but tbh I don't personally recommend it as it's very boring to play.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Moonblade Str/ Int or Str/ Fairh in DeS?
Thinking I might go either way for my first playthrough.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
But that shuts off other stuff too doesn't it, like the hints and coop? I actually thought invasions couldn't be disabled. If they can be that helps the case, anyway. Thanks!
There's two forms your character can be in: human form and soul form. You can only be invaded in human form, but you can also only do co-op in human form. You get messages in both forms. I consider soul form to be the "default" form.

Other downside to soul form is that you have reduced HP.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain how coop works please? I played Bloodborne and think I remember that when you summon Simone to your game the come as a weaker version of themselves. And progression doesn't count for summoned players, they can't collect items etc.
Is that the same here? You can't just coop with someone through the whole game once you have I presume some summoning item?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited; I was pure magic user when I played the HK import 4 million years ago but I want to go out of my comfort zone and start a melee class. Are there any other builds outside of basically sword and shield? lol

Arkham

Nov 12, 2017
There's two forms your character can be in: human form and soul form. You can only be invaded in human form, but you can also only do co-op in human form. You get messages in both forms. I consider soul form to be the "default" form.

Other downside to soul form is that you have reduced HP.

Yeah, that's the trade off I remember now. Can you turn off invasions in the remake and still have full HP?

I understand the frustration.

That being said, I plan to do many invasions.

Thanks. And I hope never to meet you in DS. šŸ˜‚

ShinyCoin

Oct 15, 2020
Im excited to play this game on launch day but at the same time im already feeling anxious. The only other games in this style I have played is bloodborne ( plat ) and dark souls 3 on ps4. While I obviously did enjoy them I did find them stressful from start to finish.

It will probably be the easiest for you

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
One tip for invasions, if you aren't in the mood or someone is super annoying equip tower shield and scrap spear, everyone loses with that combo and they will regret invading you.

Last edited:

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a guide out there that can help new players avoid missing important content without spoiling too much?

My biggest complaint about the game was that there was so much that was easy to totally miss out on

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
If you've played and beaten Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne you pretty much know what exactly to expect from this as it iS very much much like those games with a bit of inventory management and a bit slower than Bloodborne . You should feel right at home

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
When you're going into unknown areas, always walk with your shield up and look for ambush points or visual cues that bad shit might go down.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I mean, you got the platinum for Bloodborne, you're no stranger to these games.

I'm playing Bloodborne since 2015, started three times and never finished. Already bought Demon's Souls so I guess I'll have to power through it.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
If you platinumed Bloodborne you'll find it easy, I wouldn't suggest running straight to magic because it could make the game a bit too stress free for you.
What about Sekiro?

I found Sekiro much easier than Bloodborne (I've beaten both including all 4 Sekiro endings). And right now Im really struggling in Hollow Knight.