• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Thanks for posting this. I don't want to spoilers and so I shall avoid the trailer. That said, I'd be very happy if someone can tell whether the trailer announces the release date.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Will watch when I get home. The first teaser trailer didn't exactly light my dick on fire

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still not a fan of Cavill, but his Geralt voice seems to have improved somewhat. Plus, that specific line is one of my favourites from the books.

The action choreography's pretty decent, too. And I like the logo treatment, with the wolf and the swallow.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I thought they didn't include things from the game? :>

bathtub_geralt.0.jpg

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, "based on the international bestselling book series." Us gamers huh? Never getting the recognition we deserve.

Oct 25, 2017
The sword combat looks way better than GoT. Hopefully those weren't the only sustained shots without cuts in the show.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
This looks really good. Netflix seems to have gone all in with the budget on this one.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I've never sat and binged a show released on Netflix in one sitting before. I think this might be the show I do it with for the first time. I'm that excited for this.

Last edited:

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Still want more monster hunting and less politicking but the more I see of this the more I like it. Will definitely be checking this out.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
The Swordplay looks nice and quick
That's really the thing I'm down on the most here. He's tapping people with plate armor on in the center of their backs and they're just dying. The sound effects are borderline cartoony aligned with the action being depicted.

Swordfighting in GoT was rarely more than serviceable, but they always sold the impact, whether it was hitting armor without penetrating, finding a fleshy spot between the armor, or hitting viciously enough to crush through the armor.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good, but it'll take a while getting use to a different voice from game Geralt

That's really the thing I'm down on the most here. He's tapping people with plate armor on in the center of their backs and they're just dying.
Well he is a super powered mutant...People being fearful of witchers wouldn't sell as well if they were just normal strong dudes

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
That's really the thing I'm down on the most here. He's tapping people with plate armor on in the center of their backs and they're just dying. The sound effects are borderline cartoony aligned with the action being depicted.

Swordfighting in GoT was rarely more than serviceable, but they always sold the impact, whether it was hitting armor without penetrating, finding a fleshy spot between the armor, or hitting viciously enough to crush through the armor.
That's just how swordfighting Witcher-style is supposed to be, though--quick and balletic. It's not realistic, but it is true to the source material, and I honestly prefer it to GoT's approach which generally felt leaden and dull to me, outside of the true standout fights.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Looks really good. Cavill is slowly winning me over as Geralt. Hopefully the performance is consistent in the series. His voice has a hint of game Geralt, which is nice.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely more optimistic about this than I thought I'd be.