• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
ExXekwmW8AU7ZBH

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
"I will do your Suicide Squad, Brother Warner, but I must insist it include every single one of my friends."

Gotta admit, they actually made me want to watch a DC movie. Looking forward to this.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Polka Dot Man gonna secretly run away with the movie.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait. I have no idea what this is, are they seriously redoing suicide squad so soon? And after that first travesty...

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Great fucking poster. Love the style.
Hopefully this movie (and praying from flash) can shut up some of the "we want zack snyder back" people. We dont need him any more touching dc even if his 4 hour extravaganza was marginally better than cut to hell movie.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I like how DC just doesn't give a shit about continuity anymore. Multiple timelines, reboots, retconning. Who cares just do whatever.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Sold.

If DC keeps staying the opposite course here, it'll eventually work in their favor. Gotta hand it to their conviction.

Once again: Sold. Like an upstream salmon.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Wait. I have no idea what this is, are they seriously redoing suicide squad so soon? And after that first travesty...

It's not like Suicide Squad needs continuity. Its a movie about a bunch of super criminals sent to resolve a conflict. As long as some characters from the previous movie reappear, and characters that died previously stay dead, it would still count as a sequel.

That title though, I'm sure it won't be confusing. Not at all. (especially when you have to translate it to other languages, that don't use things like "the").

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I like how DC just doesn't give a shit about continuity anymore. Multiple timelines, reboots, retconning. Who cares just do whatever.

Meh, they just pivoted to expanding the idea of the DC "multiverse".
That way they can salvage what there is to salvage, they wouldn't have to de-canonize the (pretty successful) CW shows.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I expect it to be great, but man if this movie isn't the weirdest thing ever lmao. Same title as the last one but with entirely new characters except Margot Robbie returning as Harley Quinn. Will this share any continuity with the previous SS movie or nah? So confusing.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Not sure if I'm ready to watch a Suicide Squad movie without El Diablo. Man was the emotional core of the first film. Does the concept even work without him?

lol

Nov 13, 2017
I expect it to be great, but man if this movie isn't the weirdest thing ever lmao. Same title as the last one but with entirely new characters except Margot Robbie returning as Harley Quinn. Will this share any continuity with the previous SS movie or nah? So confusing.

???
Amanda Waller, Captain Boomerang, Rick Flagg were all in the first one. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

Oct 27, 2017
It shares several cast members. Harley, Flagg, Waller, Boomerang, possibly another.

As for connecting, yeah that is confusing. This appears to be a soft reboot of sorts, but the door was left open for Smith's Deadshot (originally Elba was rumored to be a recast) so it's likely "connected" but taking the characters in a different way.