• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
A commercial just aired during the Masked Singer. Featured new footage and said a new trailer is coming tomorrow. There was, conspicuously, no date given in the commercial. Just "coming to theaters." So far, I haven't been able to find a video of the commercial.

EDIT: I recorded it off my TV screen.

EDIT 2: Swapped out my recording with a better quality one. (Thanks, ShutterMunster)

Dialogue from the commercial: You're not shooting the bullet. You're catching it.

Last edited:

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being the guy charged with cutting the trailer meant to get people to risk going to theatres.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Disgusting. Anyone supporting the release of this movie in covid hotspot countries should be ashamed of themselves.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely excited to watch Tenet, but not at the risk of my health.

I wonder how soon will it go digital. The sales probably won't be great.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Does Nolan ever think about the fact that he could actually cause someone to die because he just has to have his theatrical release right now? It's sociopathic behavior.

OP
OP
Oozer

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I recorded the commercial off my TV screen. Again, there's no release date given. The commercial just says "coming to theaters."

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Oozer! Man that last line is one of the silliest things I've ever heard but I am here for it.

CKT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 1, 2020
I'm on a media blackout, the prequel before Star Wars was good enough, I'm in.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
That was if Tenet ends up moving. But I don't think they would start unloading marketing now if the date was about to move again.

The new marketing is necessary whether the film premieres in July or August, and a new trailer would actually explain why we started hearing whispers from exhibitors last week about the date being moved.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Then how do they expect to release in July/August? 🤔
Simple math. If enough counties are in a state where local governments give an all clear on theaters, they release the film. If they aren't, they delay.

I don't see the point in personally blaming the film for releasing in cinemas, when it's fully in the power of local authorities to keep their population safe.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
This was the film I was most looking forward to seeing this summer.

This whole thing sucks. Maybe if it lands in August and things are trending in the right direction I might consider seeing a matinee showing of this at a super off-peak time and then self-quarantine immediately after pending a confirmed negative test. Probably not, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't at least consider it.

I'd gladly pay a premium fee to watch this at home, but I know they would never go that route with this. They'll wait until theaters reopen and people start showing up.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Getting my hazmat suit ready for Nolan
183605377c742c49-let-the-games-begin-gif-gif-images-download.gif

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I recorded the commercial off my TV screen. Again, there's no release date given. The commercial just says "coming to theaters."

Oh nice we got a different one, I'm watching the Tag show on Fox right now and we had a teaser also leading to a full trailer tomorrow

it was Clemence Posey's character interacting with JDW with him holding a gun and a target with a bunch of bullet holes in it, he says something about shooting, she says something like "no, you're going to be catching them"

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does Nolan ever think about the fact that he could actually cause someone to die because he just has to have his theatrical release right now? It's sociopathic behavior.

I don't think Nolan himself gets to decide wether theatres are allowed to open or not in individual countries.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
What does she say? "You're not shooting the wood, you're touching it?"

EDIT: OK it's "you're not shooting the bullet, you're catching it" lmao

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
The current "open" date for LA county is July 4th (for all businesses and retail) so, if it hits that date than this thing is coming out in July.
In my state, theaters are already open, with a small chain showing older films in a holding pattern.

While I'm not excited that we opened early, if the theaters have safety rules, and I feel comfortable, I'll probably go with a mask. But again, that is own my decision and only if I feel comfortable.

I wouldn't want to watch Tenet or Mulan at home.

Last edited:

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I'm a film critic of all people and I highly doubt I'm gonna be comfortable watching this in cinemas in July lmao. I can wait, it's just a movie.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
I wonder if they are going announce Imax tickets being available for purchase as well or maybe its still too early...

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of Nolan's films but I think he's being a bit of a selfish ass if this is still planned to release in July. Like sure, I get it, he wants to preserve the theater experience and I respect that to some degree. But if this is still coming out in July and he expects us to risk our health and the health of others just to see his movie in theaters then I will not be seeing it until it comes out on digital.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
The only positive I can think off for releasing in July is that the VOD release won't be too far behind. So for those who don't want to risk it at least you won't have to wait long for the digital version.
It does seem crazy that he wants to release in July even if means that his opening weekend cut might not be as high as it could be on more safer month.

May 24, 2019
I think putting it on Nolan is a bit much. If Tenet wasn't around, some other tentpole release would be used to try and open the industry back up at about the same time.