• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018

This Software Lets Disabled Gamers Play Minecraft with Their Eyes
beebom.com

This Software Lets Disabled Gamers Play Minecraft with Their Eyes

A UK-based organization has developed a free software that allows disabled gamers play popular open-world game Minecraft with their eyes.

Through various means of technological innovations, we have seen organizations and even companies like Microsoft make gaming easier for the disabled community. Well now, a UK-based charity organization has created a software application that allows gamers to play Minecraft with their eyes. And the best part, it is free for all.

The nonprofit organization from the UK, Special Effect, developed the free application dubbed "EyeMine" to help disabled gamers play the super-popular open-world game, Minecraft, just with their eye gaze. You can check out an official video below to get an idea of how it actually works.

Oct 27, 2017
Very cool tech. And strangely appropriate username from the OP.

I can see their implementation working for all sorts of games actually. Most obviously would be racing games and anything walking-simmy like The Medium.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
SpecialEffect are an amazing charity. Seen a lot of their tech firsthand and it's truly inspirational stuff.

Big shout out to them!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Accessibility has really come a long way.

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
Accessibility in games just keeps on getting better.

I remember like 10 plus years ago, Stevie Wonder was a presenter at the VGA's. I don't recall his exact comment, but he said along the lines as"I hope someday people with my disability can play games to"

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Special Effect are a stunning charity, I've played this and its as great as it looks.

I love the progress that's happening to bring more people into games.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm so happy to see more and more accessibilities options coming to games. As a colorblind gamer seeing games both include colorblind modes or add them in as an update is amazing.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
That's incredible. I can't imagine how fulfilled these developers must feel to be able to bring the joy of gaming to those with physical disabilities. I'd love to see some reaction videos down the line of people being able to play video games with this software.