• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
I can't wait for their next game, whether it's Gears 6 or the rumoured new IP. Other than EPIC, TC are monsters with Unreal. Going to be awesome.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
I wonder if this summer we will finally see a big amount of next gen only games with truly impressive tech!!
i really hope so!!
so excite for this!!

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
We are not even ready for what's to come... People have been fooling themselves by judging this gen on cross-gen games...

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I kinda feel nothing watching that, it looks great but things look great now you know but side by side probably massive. Water, foliage and physics still do it for me though.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Coalition just need to make a 5hr, linear, eye bleeder of a campaign for their first non Gears project. Screw open world. Forget investing in systems and AI. Make it the shiniest thing I have ever seen.

They are the tech powerhouse of Xbox.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Now these are next-generation visuals I was hoping to see. What an incredible delight. Cross-generation has been holding us back long enough I say.

Hopefully they materialize sooner than later!

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I wonder if this summer we will finally see a big amount of next gen only games with truly impressive tech!!
i really hope so!!
so excite for this!!
Turn 10 said in one of their Forza monthly (iirc in December) that they'll show the game next year. I also expect to see things like TLoU Remake or the next avatar game. The latter is exclusive to current gen and TLoU Remake is rumoured to be PS5 exclusive.

Xbox seems to be the first publisher completely done with cross gen already. So all in all I expect quite a few current gen experiences shown during the summer game fest. As you I am very excited about this year's showcases.

Edit: Well there is grounded coming later this year. I think currently the game is in early access and that's cross gen. I can't think of any other cross gen Xbox game still to be released though.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Technically we already have 11+ First Party Xbox titles:

-Redfall;
-Perfect Dark;
-inXline new AAA RPG;
-Everwild;
-State of Decay 3;
-Double Fine New IP;
-Hellblade 2;
-Project Mara;
-Gears Next;
-The Coalition Project 2;
-The Outer Worlds 2;
-(probably Avowed too).

all confirmed using UE5.

All on Game Pass from Day 1. 👀

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
We are not even ready for what's to come... People have been fooling themselves by judging this gen on cross-gen games...
Yep. Outside of a few genuine current gen games like Flight Sim, R&C, and maybe Demons Souls, we've yet to see what the current gen consoles can really do once they've been unshackled. When all of that performance and I/O has been really been taken advantage of, we'll all be getting face melted with the kind of visuals and technology that games will have.

-Redfall;
-Perfect Dark;
-inXline new AAA RPG;
-Everwild;
-State of Decay 3;
-Double Fine New IP;
-Hellblade 2;
-Project Mara;
-Gears Next;
-The Outer Worlds 2;
-(probably Avowed too).

all confirmed using UE5.

Fucking crazy.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Coalition just need to make a 5hr, linear, eye bleeder of a campaign for their first non Gears project. Screw open world. Forget investing in systems and AI. Make it the shiniest thing I have ever seen.

Imagine what they could do if they did 30fps instead of 60[/QUOTE]

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Last time someone attempted that it was called the Order 1886 and it flopped so hard that the studio was almost never heard from again outside of more niche spaces like VR. People aren't trying to pay $70 for a five hour tech demo. Especially not when the death of intense linearity didn't simultaneously lead to the death of eye melting visuals. Horizon's a testament to that.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
This video is proof that we haven't even begun to next gen. The next God of War is going to be insane.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I'm still waiting for an actual game to possess the fidelity shown in 343's SlipSpace demo from... E3 2017?

Nothing has come close, not even this tech trailer.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Even your tech test characters need to wear clunky gears armor?
Looks really good though

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Turn 10 said in one of their Forza monthly (iirc in December) that they'll show the game next year. I also expect to see things like TLoU Remake or the next avatar game. The latter is exclusive to current gen and TLoU Remake is rumoured to be PS5 exclusive.

Xbox seems to be the first publisher completely done with cross gen already. So all in all I expect quite a few current gen experiences shown during the summer game fest. As you I am very excited about this year's showcases.

Edit: Well there is grounded coming later this year. I think currently the game is in early access and that's cross gen. I can't think of any other cross gen Xbox game still to be released though.
Yes!!
really excited for this games to be showed!

I hope Microsoft can show more concrete things about fable, avowed, contraband, Starfield and hellblade 2!!

It can be really awesome!

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017

Ready at Dawn did it with the order 1886, look where they are at now...

Strifel

Oct 13, 2021
Looks nice, I thought Gears 5 was great so I'm excited for whatever the Coalition do next.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Last time someone attempted that it was called the Order 1886 and it flopped so hard that the studio was almost never heard from again outside of more niche spaces like VR. People aren't trying to pay $70 for a five hour tech demo. Especially not when the death of intense linearity didn't simultaneously lead to the death of eye melting visuals. Horizon's a testament to that.

Thankfully, selling boxed/digital games isn't as key to MS as others. Just keep people subbed to GP. They can use one studio as a loss leading tech-advert for the wider platform easily enough.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

-Redfall;
-Perfect Dark;
-inXline new AAA RPG;
-Everwild;
-State of Decay 3;
-Double Fine New IP;
-Hellblade 2;
-Project Mara;
-Gears Next;
-The Outer Worlds 2;
-(probably Avowed too).

all confirmed using UE5.

A middleware taking so much space in the main publishing arms of Microsoft Gaming is a sign of the times considering its financial model.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I like gears and all . But I wish these guys make a different IP with their impressive technology. Especially with every game being on GP day one they can be more creative.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
A middleware taking so much space in the main publishing arms of Microsoft Gaming is a sign of the times considering its financial model.
It's not 'just' a middleware though, it's a defacto Industry-standard software now. Every student is taught in it, people work on portfolio work in it etc.
There are very few publishers that haven't got something made in UE. Even Sony has first-party games made in UE and almost everything is using quixel assets now.

It's not just an engine, it's a whole suite of tools so that artists, designers, programmers can interact with that engine and actually make stuff.
With a 3rd party engine, you need separate people to design the tools and interfaces for people to use. Imagine the cost of having just 3 people doing that on a large game and the speed at which they can realistically implement a request from the team

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Yes... Horizon doesn't even look that good. Awful shadows, pop-in, terrible light rays ...
I'd argue even Ratchet - which is the best thing I've seen to date - Doesn't come close to what we'll see in the future.

Nothing has really, truly tapped into these new consoles yet.

The visuals will be amazing but it's honestly the gameplay that'll be the most exciting part.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That and/or is just a sign of how good it is compared to custom-made engines, especially on newer hardware.
It's not 'just' a middleware though, it's a defacto Industry-standard software now. Every student is taught in it, people work on portfolio work in it etc.
There are very few publishers that haven't got something made in UE. Even Sony has first-party games made in UE and almost everything is using quixel assets now.
It surely helps a lot for recuitements, outsourcing, porting and starting projects on solid grounds, especially with the complexity taken by game developement. A rationnal and wise choice for many studios. But I still find the anecdote amusing on the financial aspect considering the legacy of the company in the software world.

GrahamGoring

Nov 8, 2017
Good to see local outfit Cubic Motion in the credits at the end, there. I worked with them on a LEGO game and, because of our lead artist, I will forever think of them as Pubic Lotion.