• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

It's been a while since last we shared a significant look at Squadron 42, even as our global teams work diligently behind the spoiler curtain. So, as a special holiday gift to all of you, we put together this visual update reel, highlighting some of the work we've done over the course of 2019.

Here you'll see some of the game's various environments, ships, characters, and more, offering a glimpse into the epic adventure to come. We look forward to sharing many more Squadron 42 updates next year, and we thank each and every one of you from the bottom of our hearts for your continued support and passion for the project. Time to say, "Happy Holidays."

Shame there's no real update (still planned for 2020 apparently), but that's an amazing looking video.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
2020 for the entire campaign or a single mission? I've been waiting ages to play the single player portion of this game.

cgcg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Drive-by trolling, history of similar infractions
wow the gameplay is shaping up nicely after 10 years nice

just need a little final touches here and there

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Also, they HAVE to have a mission, in this or in Star Citizen where they have to investigate a station that has gone dark, where you found very aggressive Xenomorps...

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Only took us two posts to hit a shitpost on an objectively impressive trailer. Nice. Keep it classy Era.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really looking forward to this, but sadly we won't be seeing it being actually played as alpha until at least summer. CIG really needs to release this in a very nice state in 2021 at the very latest for all the people that don't trust them (as well as maybe to attract more investors)

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Also, they HAVE to have a mission, in this or in Star Citizen where they have to investigate a station that has gone dark, where you found very aggressive Xenomorps...

Already has the first part (abandoned station), but no Xenomorphs and there's no gravity, unfortunately.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda surprised it's just a "look at what our pretty engine can do" trailer, I mean shoot I still remember that plot leak from ways back, I'd figured there would have been a gameplay preview trailer by now.

(Then again that's assuming they actually hit their intended target date instead of Chris Roberts wanting enough stuff to delay everything by at least six months again, so maybe it's fair it's just a visuals trailer.)

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda surprised it's just a "look at what our pretty engine can do" trailer, I mean shoot I still remember that plot leak from ways back, I'd figured there would have been a gameplay preview trailer by now.

(Then again that's assuming they actually hit their intended target date instead of Chris Roberts wanting enough stuff to delay everything by at least six months again, so maybe it's fair it's just a visuals trailer.)
This is the previous trailer they released https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VppjX4to9s4
and a 1 hour gameplay trailer in 2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHR1aEdTA4M

Though they just show mostly narrative stuff inside the frigate and flying/fighting on a fither with some EVA recovering some stuff in zeroG, nothing "new" that we already have on the MMO-side game

Last edited:

Gaiseric

Aug 4, 2019
Ironically, space travel may have been achived, and the world may look like this by the time this game comes out. 😅

In all seriousness though, I think at least the trailer looks great.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Would it kill them to demo gameplay, e.g. full mission from it instead of in-engine vista shots? That is properly recorded because...

Skimmed through link from Galava's post and shit looks blurry af, like someone recorded it off-screen with mobile phone.

Feels like whole thing, SC and S42, are just some modules with pretty graphics engine without soul.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Would it kill them to demo gameplay, e.g. full mission from it instead of in-engine vista shots? That is properly recorded because...

Skimmed through link from Galava's post and shit looks blurry af, like someone recorded it off-screen with mobile phone.
Yeah sorry about that, it's the first link I found, here is the official one with directors commentary I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE
Here it is without the commentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHR1aEdTA4M

Jul 17, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling, Thread Derailment, History of similar infractions
Lumberyard $2000
Data $1500
FMV Trailers $8000
Spaceships $260,000,000
Procgen tech $1500
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my game launch is getting postponed

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Um, you sure you quoted the right person?

Maybe you meant this drive-by troll shitpost?
Considering the usual Star Citizen shitpost is "lol no gameplay", not really.

edit:
Lumberyard $2000
Data $1500
FMV Trailers $8000
Spaceships $260,000,000
Procgen tech $1500
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my game launch is getting postponed
Speaking of the usual trolls in the SC topics...

CannonBallBob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Drive-by troll posting
I wonder how many 500 dollar donations I'll have to give to experience the full campaign?

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
The derailment on SC threads is getting tiresome tbh. If you don't care about the game then why come?

MAK11

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
whales-breaching1.jpg

2022?

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
And here I thought that Era was the place to have some "meaningful" discussions about games and to avoid all those "shitpost heaven" sites.

We can talk about CIG's management of the development and whatnot in a healthy manner, but come on, coming to a thread, having a shit on the floor and saying "this sucks!" and leaving... There are other sites where you can do that.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I paid $35 for this years ago. The game deserves every bit of criticism they get until they release the product I paid for (Squadron 42).

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Why is this video so low quality! CIG please, upload it somewhere in high bitrate.

I like a lot the beginning being like Marvel movies :p

Last edited:

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I paid $35 for this years ago. The game deserves every bit of criticism they get until they release the product I paid for (Squadron 42).
And we all should be critical of it, but shitposting and dropping the same one-liners that we see everywhere is not criticising it. Or at least that's not my definition of criticising.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think I bought this game like 5 years ago. I spent $40 on something, don't even know on what anymore.

Looks nice though. One complaint I have from all of the trailers though is that the NPC's look kind of like lifeless roboters

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
This is the main thing I'm interested in. If they can deliver Squadron 42 my backer money will have been well spent.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Era hating on star citizen lol. Just for that, imma go buy a new 2k ship with my new credit card. Just so i can give money to this beautiful game which is shaping up to look incredible.

Jul 17, 2018
And we all should be critical of it, but shitposting and dropping the same one-liners that we see everywhere is not criticising it. Or at least that's not my definition of criticising.

Trying to have a conversation about CIG and criticizing their crowdfunding model gets you banned on Era.

edit: astroturfing like the post above mine is deemed absolutely normal here otoh

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
And here I thought that Era was the place to have some "meaningful" discussions about games and to avoid all those "shitpost heaven" sites.

We can talk about CIG's management of the development and whatnot in a healthy manner, but come on, coming to a thread, having a shit on the floor and saying "this sucks!" and leaving... There are other sites where you can do that.
This must be your first SC thread then. It happens in pretty much every one of these and the only meaningful discussion is possible in the community thread.

Sadly it seems that trolling in star citizen threads is fair game and won't get sanctioned

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it looks good, but as always, at this point it is perfectly reasonable to remain skeptical of this project when they don't have any real release deadlines and have demoed good-looking stuff like this for several years now. If it ever actually comes out, I look forward to playing it.