• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
EN4vEEKUYAYwoH8.jpg

This is from Geoff Ellenor, game director at WB Montreal. It's all but confirmed now.

It is all but confirmed even before first tease.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
To me it might be cool if it turned out to be some sort of Gothal Central esq game where you play GCPD officers solving crimes in Gotham City.
But I doubt they'd ever put out a game where you don't play as Batman.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Honestly (and I'm repeating myself with this lmao), my interest would take a serious hit if this is in the same continuity as the Arkham games.

I'd love them to not be shackled by whatever happened in the previous games, be it events, character deaths and all of that. Hell, this storyline is great for that, as the New 52 started with it. I want the full Bat-family without the baggage of previous games.

I also doubt they're going to do something crazy with it, but I'd love to see a big overhaul of the aesthetics. Mostly the characters and all of that (Origins had the best designs for the most part anyways imo).

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
I just have the sinking feeling this is going to be everything we don't want it to be (or at least me): Co-op/Multiplayer/MTX. I want a good single player experience

Last edited:

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
While I REALLY hope it's not, my mind has been wondering about how to do a Batman GaaS game (like WB would love), and the Arkham Legacy title kinda gives me hints on how to do it. Again, I hope this is just a single player Arkham game, nothing more, but an idea of a Batman GaaS title would be:

- A Batman RPG, create you own character, a world of Batman copycats trying to follow Bruce Wayne's legacy (or going completely HBO's Watchmen, the GCPD starts wearing suits, hence the stylized GCPD badge from the logo)
- Co-op in nature, multiple fake Batmen getting together to save Gotham.
- Your loot is gear and gadgets, fuck it, even "Batmobile" pieces, pimp your own Batmobile and Batsuit.
- Literal raids to gang's hideouts, minibosses/bosses from the huge villain gallery.
- Each of Gotham's islands are your hubs/zones.
- i'm getting sick writing this

At any case, I'll take more Arkham any day of my life.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I really hope this game is singleplayer only. I feel like the multiplayer in origins was unnecessary that died off pretty quickly.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
While I REALLY hope it's not, my mind has been wondering about how to do a Batman GaaS game (like WB would love), and the Arkham Legacy title kinda gives me hints on how to do it. Again, I hope this is just a single player Arkham game, nothing more, but an idea of a Batman GaaS title would be:

- A Batman RPG, create you own character, a world of Batman copycats trying to follow Bruce Wayne's legacy (or going completely HBO's Watchmen, the GCPD starts wearing suits, hence the stylized GCPD badge from the logo)
- Your loot is gear and gadgets, fuck it, even "Batmobile" pieces, pimp your own Batmobile and Batsuit.
- Literal raids to gang's hideouts, minibosses/bosses from the huge villain gallery.

I actually wouldn't mind something like that... if it's a side mode or at the same time we're getting a more traditional sp game.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Whelp, the last one was posted at 7:00amPST on the dot. We're now at 7:15amPST.

I think we're in for another three month wait, gang.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I just have the sinking feeling this is going to be everything we don't want it to be (or at least me): Co-op/Multiplayer/MTX. I want a good single player experience

Alright what's wrong with optional Co-Op? A Bat family game is practically made for it since there's multiple team members that you have to work with. They could make it like Borderlands or Dying Light. Co-Op is the next step in Arkham's evolution imo.

El sueño

Feb 4, 2018
This "Batman new Game" gets me angry because I'd love a new one. I am not watching this thread anymore.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I remember that one big insider said that people would freak when they saw the new Batman game so hopefully it's really worth it.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
It is really crazy how rocksteady hasn't releasted anything except that ONE batman game early in the generation.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Figured out why they haven't shown it yet. They are waiting for the new Batman film to reveal the new costume because it will be a pre order bonus skin for the game 😜

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

I dunno, I'd be down with this level of customization in a single player Batman game.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I'd be down with this level of customization in a single player Batman game.

I do think it could work, and it might've been on WB Montreal's mind after Injustice 2, and with likely having a GaaS mandate.

It could be cool to build a Batsuit. Creating a bulky suit more resistant to gunfire, or a lighter suit that you're faster in. Deciding what you're going put in the limited inventory space of your utility belt. Having your favorite suits displayed in glass cases at the Batcave.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Figured out why they haven't shown it yet. They are waiting for the new Batman film to reveal the new costume because it will be a pre order bonus skin for the game 😜
Remember when they were supposed to be shipping a game to tie in with the suicide squad movie lol.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh man I am so excited after seeing these teasers said no one.

Just show the game already.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I do think it could work, and it might've been on WB Montreal's mind after Injustice 2, and with likely having a GaaS mandate.

It could be cool to build a Batsuit. Creating a bulky suit more resistant to gunfire, or a lighter suit that you're faster in. Deciding what you're going put in the limited inventory space of your utility belt. Having your favorite suits displayed in glass cases at the Batcave.

Yeah, this is along the lines of what I was thinking of. It could be cool if they don't go too far on the MTX. They've already set it up so you can boost your Batman up over time, this is just taking it to the next level. Even something like what they do with Spider-Man would be dope, giving every costume different specialties and different stats.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
WB has to be the most incompetent company ever. Give the DC game rights to Sony or Xbox Studios!

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't you tell us what it is? Cryptic teasing only makes this all worse.
If anyone's cryptic teasing, it's WB lol
No way it could be good for me if it will be GAAS and MP.

If you could confirm that it's a SP adventure like the previous ones, I can have hope.
I mean, most gaas games you can either play alone or with friends. So in that sense, you'd still get what you want. Just don't play with anybody.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
After all of the false starts, and teasing, and knowing that Rocksteady is deep in the GAAS shit, if this is also GAAS--I will lose my shit

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
After all of the false starts, and teasing, and knowing that Rocksteady is deep in the GAAS shit, if this is also GAAS--I will lose my shit

IIRC, Rocksteady's game has been rumoured to have GAAS elements in it. Not sure about WBGM's stance on their game other than it being teased as Court of Owls.

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone's cryptic teasing, it's WB lol

I mean, most gaas games you can either play alone or with friends. So in that sense, you'd still get what you want. Just don't play with anybody.
Sure, I technically can play them alone, but they're also usually pretty shitty games that rely exclusively on the addictive gameplay loop and multiplayer interactions to be worth playing in the first place.

I think people are less worried about being literally unable to play the game and more worried about it being trash.