• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I misread this and thought it was a tease for Rocksteady's next game and got super excited.

I mean, I'm sure the WB Montreal devs are working on a cool Batman game, but seriously, this is just overdone now. If you think you can drop cryptic teasers once every 3 months and hype people, you're so wrong. Even massively hyped games like God of War, Final Fantasy VII, No Man's Sky and Last of Us 2 all started their hype cycle with proper trailers. For fuck's sake, even Avengers announcement by Square Enix had a short teaser trailer.

This is such a huge mistake. They will not stand out at all at E3 or any other big event this year. A trailer release now, when there's no gaming news would give them crazy press. Oh well.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Why is every company blue balling me!!! Sony and WB.. just tell us mannnn

Quite confident we will be seeing at PS meeting in feb

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care anymore. All of this has been silly. When we actually see footage I'll adjust my feelings accordingly.

And I thought Atlus was ridiculous.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
im super excited for a new batman game but shit like this doesnt get me any more hyped anymore.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm excited. Government vs the Batman! I don't recognize the symbol from the comics, either.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
GCPD badge?

93560_1.jpg

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
"New teaser Emblem for WB Montreal's next Batman/DC Game - Announcement Soon?"
Sure, like at the end of september.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The completed thing doesn't scream "court of owls" to me at all. The closest thing is the crown & bird feet in the middle, but that's a stretch.

I'm thinking it's saying the game is going to be Batman vs. the GCPD/Batman vs. the Army or something, with it turning out that the Court of Owls has been manipulating them.

I wonder if that's the Clock Tower in the middle of the skyline, or The Belfry.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
You misunderstand WB here. They are sharing the progress of the development of the game. They finished that logo today.
Just a few more years.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
WB is reaching Atlus levels of teasing insufferability

Who the hell do you think you are, man, just announce the damn game.

Why is everyone so hostile? It's a game tease. Every game tease should be sufferable lol.

I'm wondering if they were prepared to show shit off a few months back but got sidelined by something and had to back off from the initial decision to drop some hype?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It's weird they're teasing the GCPD logo as the first thing (instead of, say, something more related to the Court).

I guess their importance could be bigger in this game, don't know (really liked visiting the police station in Arkham arresting the villains, so hopefully that's in).
Why is everyone so hostile? It's a game tease. Every game tease should be sufferable lol.

I'm wondering if they were prepared to show shit off a few months back but got sidelined by something and had to back off from the initial decision to drop some hype?
To be honest it's a bit baffling what they're doing (and annoying I guess).

Like, you're supposed to engage people on the Internet with these teases with a relatively brisk pace (be it days, weeks or, at most, a month), yet they released parts of somewhat non-descript logos with no follow up. Like, what are we supposed to do with that? It's just a really weird tactic that's only going to wear people down. Especially since it's all too obvious what game this is, so it's not like we're wondering what IP it might be.

At the end of the day, however, people aren't going to remember this once the game's out, but it's ultimately such a bizarre plan.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Either announce the game or fuck off. Tired of these teases every few months. It's getting ridiculous at this point.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Because they teased the game back at the beginning of October and then went radio silent for three months. They fucked up and now the sentiment has turned negative.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

welcome to era

Darrilium

Jan 3, 2020
I'm so fucking tired of that teasing, everyone knows about the game already anyway just show it now.