• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2018
Florida
I'm in your server so I wanted to clarify. I know you are leaking things both via DMs and the non smash channel but wasn't sure it you also leaked in to the public channel.

Thanks for clarifying!
No problem, if you're ever doubting, you can see that the current time is LITERALLY just about to hit 3 hours from when it was posted in my server (my bad), and the 4chan post currently says 2 hrs 44 minutes, so it seems somebody went on 4chan about 20 minutes after my server spread it around.
Dyo9tHk.png

Oct 25, 2017

Is this the first time he's been involved with Tales of? It looks like based on this tweet he may have started overseeing it recently (ie. starting with Arise).

Really happy about the visual upgrade. But I hope they also address the big problem when arrived when Zestiria hit, which is that they created these huge fields, but there was nothing to do in them. It was just monsters and maybe an occasional chest. It never really felt like a place you wanted to explore like in the Xenoblade games. If they can hit that and then keep the flow they had in terms of story and characters with Berseria, then this will be a treat.

Same, the proof is in the pudding gameplay.

Looks good but still got a bit of that UE4 look makes it look "stock-ish"

Kind of, but then again it looks much less "stock" than the last 4 Tales of games looking like "stock" Tales of. Or at least I'd take a slight "mainstreamification" to align more with "UE4 stock" than for them to continue to struggle along with the old artstyle/engine.

DUDE. that looks good.

If only Ys games will look like this.

Yup, I'd accept the Ys budget looks if it at least ran well, but the Switch port is, less than inspiring. I suppose that might be a little unfair? But really it should be a locked 1080/60 even on Switch. Oh well.

That actually does make me wonder though. Is this sticking with 60fps? I'm not so sure honestly considering the visual upgrade. RE engine is wizardry and so can sustain 60 with nearly top tier graphics, but UE4 isn't so finely tuned so I wouldn't be surprised if this engine upgrade comes with a framerate drop. Oh well PS5 version's probably coming tbh.

OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
No problem, if you're ever doubting, you can see that the current time is LITERALLY just about to hit 3 hours from when it was posted in my server (my bad), and the 4chan post currently says 2 hrs 44 minutes, so it seems somebody went on 4chan about 20 minutes after my server spread it around.
Dyo9tHk.png
That explains it. I was looking for messages from you but didn't search for Biscuit.

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, I'm glued to my phone haha. 😄

I've been waiting for something like this for a long while so, I guess it's no surprise it's making me post way more than in almost any thread recently. Plus Tales of was my first JRPG series so despite several disappointments throughout the years it still has some hold on me haha.

I'm just annoyed because I've barely been able to get any proper work done on a final paper I've got that's due on Tuesday. E3 and the week before is basically always hell this way though lol.

ImNotAFroot

Nov 6, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Continued pattern of trolling and platform warring
Looks stunning, I'm glad there's no switch version to drag it down.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strat

Never mind what I said in the Ni No Kuni leak thread. I guess this leak shows how little I know. I put my foot in my mouth considering this is a JRPG leaked for the XB1X and no Switch versions mentioned.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The last game to have any influence of Baba was Berseria..it was almost an open secret that they were using this opportunity to essentially refresh the entire franchise.

Slash12771

Jul 12, 2018
Def upped the budget I see. I would prefer a more anime based artstyle but I guess they want to change things up.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
I'm flabbergasted

I might try Tales again. Wonder what the Switch one is.

Aine

May 27, 2019
I didn't expect Tales to become an action-RPG, but I guess FFXV and KHIII made some serious impact.

Samuel

Oct 27, 2017
If the release date doesn't even say 2019 that means it's still a ways off.

I wish developers would stop announcing games so early.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
It's an awkard title but I think people can role with it. It amuses me anyway.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Shame about no Switch Tales, but I'll take this since it seems to be a pretty huge reboot much like how MHW did it.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect Tales to become an action-RPG, but I guess FFXV and KHIII made some serious impact.

Tales of was like one of the original action-RPGs, lol. Unless by action-RPG you mean a more nebulous "seemless battles on the overworld" feeling, but really Tales of always had a real time action combat system so this seems a litle funny to me. (Plus KHIII could have had no influence unless you mean they wanted to match its theoretical performance. This probably started dev in 2016).

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first time he's been involved with Tales of? It looks like based on this tweet he may have started overseeing it recently (ie. starting with Arise).

That actually does make me wonder though. Is this sticking with 60fps? I'm not so sure honestly considering the visual upgrade. RE engine is wizardry and so can sustain 60 with nearly top tier graphics, but UE4 isn't so finely tuned so I wouldn't be surprised if this engine upgrade comes with a framerate drop. Oh well PS5 version's probably coming tbh.

Yeah he's the one overseeing a lot of Namco's projects now. It looks like the ones they were announcing at Microsoft's show are getting leaked though...

Berseria and Vesperia Remastered were 60FPS (Zestiria was 30, Xillia 1+2 and a bunch of other games were 60 in battles) so they have some history and preference for 60FPS when possible. They also have a history of being willing to drop it when the optimizations would take too long after making other changes/advancements, or it's just not possible for whatever reason. PC should do it just fine but the consoles are kinda up in the air without seeing more.

The last game to have any influence of Baba was Berseria..it was almost an open secret that they were using this opportunity to essentially refresh the entire franchise.

To be fair, from a gameplay perspective this doesn't really look like they're necessarily moving away from the direction series was already going in under him (more open fields, seamless battles, you can probably control the camera, etc.), they're just taking advantage of stuff like a new engine and hardware to move at a much accelerated pace on this path.

Status
Not open for further replies.