• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
I'm digging it. The main character actually looks like he's wearing gear meant for fighting monsters. Not some weird skin tight costume or shredded tights like previous protagonists.

Might get it if gameplay ends up being good too!

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
Seems really weird to me that Bamco would announce what they called a "new mainline Tales of" game for Switch 2 years ago but then would release a new game for everything but Switch.

Twingsy

Oct 27, 2017
Moon
are you two for real? we finally have a good looking JRPG other than FFXV and this is your take? besides you don't consider the rest of the tales games generic looking but this one does?

Sure the graphics are a major improvement, but they seemingly sucked out all the colour and vibrance from it. FFXV was still colourful. Even Dragon Age Inquisition was, and that's not even a JRPG.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Wow... that looks legitimately awesome.

Am I going to get sucked into another Tales game? After the third time I swore them off? Fuck...

We will have to see, I suppose.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Seems really weird to me that Bamco would announce what they called a "new mainline Tales of" game for Switch 2 years ago but then would release a new game for everything but Switch.
If vesperia sold badly I would understand but it didnt, or maybe they have different sales targets for xbox and switch

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet - thats just what the series need - a game that actually looks like it developed with some budget.
No Switch is a bummer, but this is probably their go big or go home title for this generation so adding another plattform probably wasnt in the cards for the initial release.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Logo leaked, put this in the OP Atheerios

wrRaUV0.png

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Wow, a Tales game with decent graphics is a nice change. Not that they were bad looking before. You can still see the anime bleed through the hair.
ukb4wacl

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
That screenshot is very promising

If the character designs are decent and Go Shiina (or someone other than Sakuraba) is composing the music then I might actually give this a chance despite Tales not really being my cup of tea normally

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I tried to resist clicking this topic so I could experience it in its full glory whenever the trailer releases (MS e3 press conference probably?) But I'm weak. It looks like a HUGE step up from Berseria, and I love that the MC looks like an adult (watch him still be ~21 like Yuri though lmao).

This game better still have local co-op though, or my SO and I will riot. This is our favorite series to play together.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Gives me Xenoblade vibes, which I definitely like.

I haven't really played a Tales game since Graces, so hopefully this gets me back on the bandwagon.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
To me, it looks like they want to "specifically" target western audience with this approach.

I didn't expect this at all.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It obviously looks better than previous Tales games but I wouldn't say that the graphics are anything special.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
ToVR launched only a couple months ago and likely sold quite well on Switch. So that performance has nothing to do with this game skipping Switch - thats not not a decision that happens in that short amount of time.

This is Bamco - after all they might release a Switch version a year later.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It also sold on a system with a lower install base. The point is, the game did amazingly well in Japan even if it was "westernized".
Sold well, but it's yet it's another game that sold less there than previous entries because it changed to appeal to the west, like most stuff the third parties are doing. World 2 will probably sell even less and etc. The death of the japanese console market is basically a self fulfiilling prophecy.

Status
Not open for further replies.