• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
For something running Windows, what's the benefit of ARM over an Intel CPU?
Battery life. Samsung came out with an ARM Galaxy Book earlier this year on Windows that had like 23 hours of battery life.

The problem though is that its kinda like Chrome OS... It's a pretty limited affair in terms of experience. Windows tends to be way behind than Chrome OS as well.

EDIT: Oh and as someone noted - Always on. So it wakes up as fast as a smart phone.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Battery life. Samsung came out with an ARM Galaxy Book earlier this year on Windows that had like 23 hours of battery life.

The problem though is that its kinda like Chrome OS... It's a pretty limited affair in terms of experience. Windows tends to be way behind than Chrome OS as well.

EDIT: Oh and as someone noted - Always on. So it wakes up as fast as a smart phone.
meaningless until windows fixes how it does updates. Not the major updates, the small security updates.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ever since my wife, brother and my surface pros got stolen, we're been waiting for this reveal. Hoping the specs are good. I used the pro for work and art. I'm hoping the pro 7 excels at both.

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a surface pro 6 I never use. I regret getting it over the laptop. I'll likely remedy that this time.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I rather use punch cards and COBOL than Chrome OS

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017

What's performance like running x86 apps?

Interested in the laptop now that the weird felt is gone

Why don't you like it?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Finally the USB C upgrade. Looks like I will be getting the Surface Laptop 3 at some point in the near future!

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I was considering the next Surface Laptop as my next Ultrabook but not anymore since they got rid of the felt material 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
ooh those look nice...wonder how the pen will be. if it's close to apple pencil i may get one of these...

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
USB C! Finally. It'll be great toonly bring one charger when traveling for my phone, switch, and laptop!

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely in for a 13" Laptop 3 if it indeed has USB-C PD. I will thought wait till it goes on sale as they usually do like 200-300 off.