• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Didn't see a thread for this, however lock if one has been made.

Last edited:

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Isn't this a Microsoft studio?

Edit it is not...still confused about the weird jumpingof exclusivity

Antydotes

One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2017
I still need to pick this one up on Switch. Have been hoping for a slight sale, but haven't seen anything yet. I enjoyed the demo, and seems like a simplistic and fun enough platformer to just spend time in.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I recently got my hands on physical switch copy but have yet to play it.

I almost nearly skipped it entirely because I admit something about it looked so unappealing to me (what little I have actually seen, mind you) but I've heard SO many good things about it that it made me finally take notice.

Anyway, this is cool.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't really like the first (second? there was also that VR one) one, realeasing around Hat in Time and Odyssey certainly didn't help.

And I don't think adding a "New" to the title will help either considering the New Super Mario Bros... okay, not a fair comparison. But it's weird just to have artwork and not a trailer.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
NSLT was cool but I didn't like how he went to moving like Mario (using 2 "legs") instead of the original moving around like an actual fox. Lost a bit of personality there.

Still a very enjoyable platformer.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't really like the first (second? there was also that VR one) one, realeasing around Hat in Time and Odyssey certainly didn't help.

And I don't think adding a "New" to the title will help either considering the New Super Mario Bros... okay, not a fair comparison. But it's weird just to have artwork and not a trailer.

The original Lucky's Tale was a VR game that launched alongside and exclusively for the Oculus Rift.

Part of me wonders if the main character is named after Palmer Luckey...

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
How does this game compare to the one published by Microsoft?

Is it a sequel or a definitive edition with new stuff?

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed the original. I thought this was basically the same game with new branding.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I really liked this on Switch, but some of the post-game stuff was annoying due to a certain series of levels having a momentary gameplay switch.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone buy this game so they have enough money to finish Star Child!

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal
Finally! I loved the original Super Lucky's Tale on Xbox One - can't wait to try this one.

Would be awesome if it released on Game Pass.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The original was decidedly meh, but I found some enjoyment in it. I tried the demo for the new version on the Switch and it felt remarkably better. Will happily pick this up on either Xbox or PS4.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Such a weird history this franchise has had.

Lucky's Tale was an Oculus VR game, then Super Lucky's Tale was an Xbox exclusive, then NEW Super Lucky's Tale was a Switch exclusive, and now that game is getting ported back to the Xbox and PS4... despite the game essentially just being an expanded version of the Xbox-exclusive Super Lucky's Tale. lol.

Is this series more popular than I realized or something? Because the games have consistently gotten pretty middling reviews.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be curious to see what their sales numbers are like across platforms.

I would have assumed the Switch one would have done well, but if they're leaving it out of this game maybe they did better on XB1/PS4.
I could see the Switch version maybe getting overshadowed by stuff like Mario or the other 3D platfomers on the system, whereas XB1 and PS4 are a little more lacking on those games.

EDIT: Ignore, I didn't know this was the Switch version coming to Xb1/PS4, I assumed it was an all new one.

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Played the first level on Pc Game Pass and the demo on Switch (also the first level), and having a freely rotatable camera alone made such a huge difference. If this comes to Game Pass, I'll just play this instead of getting it on Switch.

EDIT: Wait, no PC? Hmmm...

Last edited:

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Will it support PSVR?

That would be nice, wouldn't it? But this is "New Super Lucky's Tale", which was non-VR platformer remake of "Super Lucky's Tale", featuring the main character from "Lucky's Tale" which was actually a VR platformer exclusive to the Oculus Rift.

None of those games were particularly well rated, but given the choice, yeah, I'd rather have the VR platformer, because VR platforming is a great genre.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be curious to see what their sales numbers are like across platforms.

I would have assumed the Switch one would have done well, but if they're leaving it out of this game maybe they did better on XB1/PS4.
I could see the Switch version maybe getting overshadowed by stuff like Mario or the other 3D platfomers on the system, whereas XB1 and PS4 are a little more lacking on those games.
Sorry, what do you mean by leaving it out of this game? I think the Switch game is the one being ported to XB1/PS4.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, because I just bought it on Switch. Sigh. Performance is not great.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Such a weird history this franchise has had.

Lucky's Tale was an Oculus VR game, then Super Lucky's Tale was an Xbox exclusive, then NEW Super Lucky's Tale was a Switch exclusive, and now that game is getting ported back to the Xbox and PS4... despite the game essentially just being an expanded version of the Xbox-exclusive Super Lucky's Tale. lol.

Is this series more popular than I realized or something? Because the games have consistently gotten pretty middling reviews.

It's really a confusing game, had no idea this Switch exclusive was a remake

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Kind of a shame this game got ignored because I do want to support 3D platformers, but It's just too expensive for what it is. No way I can justify paying 10-20$ more than Mario Odyssey for such a short platformer, I probably couldn't justify paying half that for it honestly. At least now it's on other consoles it'll get a price drop after a year.

Last edited:

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I might actually get it now since it'll be on PS4. Hopefully it'll be available physically.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
New Super Lucky's Tale actually got pretty good reviews. Both critically and from players. 76 on metacritic with 8.1 user score. Not middling by any means.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Kind of a shame this game got ignored because I do want to support 3D platformers, but It's just too expensive for what it is. No way I can justify paying full price for such a short platformer, I probably couldn't justify paying half that for it honestly. At least now it's on other consoles it'll get a price drop after a year.

Hopefully MS can get it on Game Pass