• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know they were being coy when asked awhile back, but we still got no news on Koshiro's involvement. I figured if something was happening there we'd know by now.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. So weird how all the games I want to play these days are either made or published by Sega and their subsidiaries. They are really cornering the AA/AAA market on genres I love.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why some people are so against hand-drawn art, it's fantastic.

This game is a sequel to Streets of Rage. A series with beautiful, crunchy, atmospheric 2D sprites.

Sonic Mania has proven that going for that classic aesthetic is a solid choice.

These high resolution, smooth 2D graphics have a tendency to look very flat/stiff.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Looks alright. I think the backgrounds feel a little too static, the sound effects need work, and those coloured sparkles coming off those moves don't quite look right.

Still room for improvement.

Nov 2, 2017
This game is a sequel to Streets of Rage. A series with beautiful, crunchy, atmospheric 2D sprites.

Sonic Mania has proven that going for that classic aesthetic is a solid choice.

These high resolution, smooth 2D graphics have a tendency to look very flat/stiff.
I'm still not sold on the character proportions (too fat) and the emphasis on juggling; I would prefer good crowd control and movement tools like those introduced in the 2nd and 3rd games instead.

Other than that, cautiously optimistic.
Both of these posts cover my main concerns going by trailer. Just not feeling it but will remain optimistic. I've also been quite happy just playing (and replaying) SoR 1-3 on 2DS and Xbone/Steam as of late.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
I love previous games in every aspect. This looks ugly to me. I can't stand the visuals.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Looks much better than the initial reveal. Granted there is still a few small things they could do, but I am in and I am ready to rock.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I'm on board for this but something I just don't like is "hit effects" in fighting games or beat-em-ups where when you make contact there always has to be some kind of pop of sparks or flash effect. Did Tekken start that crap? Seems like all the games do it now. The sound design and enemy reaction should convey that I've landed a hit. I don't need these little explosions.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
I dig the music even though it's work in progress. The SoR 1 and 2 OST is an insanely high bar to clear though, not surprised some of you don't like it.

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
So stoked for this. My grandma who passed away used to play the originals with me all the time. One of the first games that I really got into as a kid.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I should say I still have no fucking idea who's doing this music. It's not Groovemaster303, it's not Jredd, it's obviously not me

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The mechanics are look pretty solid. But the music is really rough. SoR4's music was a letdown because it was too experimental. This just sounds boring and at odds with the general vibe of SoR.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
The mechanics are look pretty solid. But the music is really rough. SoR4's music was a letdown because it was too experimental.

Do you mean SoR3? Because I get what you're saying -- though I'd have to respectfully disagree. On the other hand I think only one of us will probably put Miles Davis's On the Corner as their GOAT album...