• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the footage again the enemies never leaving the screen actually looks pretty natural.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the footage again the enemies never leaving the screen actually looks pretty natural.
yea that is what I am most excited about too. No more off screen BS. OH boy I cant wait! I just hope skate is in somehow. But I wonder if he ditched the rollerblades at somepoint?

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
Im actually ok with two characters as long as the movesets are extensive enough. Hope that the game is long enough too (branching routes, multiple endings etc)

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
God do those animations look amazing! Streets of Rage with juggles sign me the fuck up. With this on the horizon, would be an awesome cross promo opportunity if Axel made it in smash just sayin'.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The game looks awful but if the gameplay and music are there, and it seems like they might, that can easily be overlooked. Hoping for the best and this turns out great.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
I'm shocked at how divisive this look would be, it looks amazing to my eyes. Retro gamers are very fussy I guess!

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Not a fan of the artstyle and the gameplay so far looks janky.... BUT if Yuzo Koshiro is doing the soundtrack, I would buy this game in a heartbeat, no matter if the actual game ends up being average.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I've shared this before, but this is a story about how I wondered for years if there would be a fourth since I erroneously thought the third attended on a cliffhanger:

I always played on the easiest difficulties as a kid because sometimes I'd lose all my lives even on the easiest difficulty. So I'd always get to this:

E2A41CBAB505C4791B4C2691E09973F7E149E74C

2AA9C5D4108E8D941EC6A96878E5D820E44C70C7

I didn't realize that the robot was mocking me for playing this on the easiest difficulty and trying to tell me to play on a harder one. So for the longest time, I thought, "Man, I wonder what's going to happen in the sequel since that wasn't really Mr. X."

It was only last year that I realized there were other endings and watched them.

GENESIS--Bare%20Knuckle%20III%20english%20translation_Jan9%2021_40_30.png

Moral of the story:

Git

Gud
I hope SOR4 doesn't follow on this concept. As someone who isn't that good at games and plays on easy, it's so annoying when a game treats the player like a loser over something so trivial and doesn't let them enjoy the true ending. At that point, just do like DS and don't have an easy mode. I'm glad most devs are past this lame gate keeping.

Aside from that, i got no worries about this game and it looks amazing.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting that I'm just assuming this will be for switch when nothing has been said about that yet

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Streets of rage was a simple beat em up game made special because of it's style and music. I mean yeah as far as beat em ups go it was really well made, but it's the style and music which brought it to that level of a classic.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I like the graphical style overall but I think the special moves are a little too big and flashy looking. The bright colors are cool and all but maybe shrink those special move effects by 50% or something. They were not that flashy in the originals. In fact they were pretty subdued.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Nearly identical to what I saw behind closed doors at PAX West. Which isn't bad news in the slightest.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of maybe Praprium, this game looks better than any fan effort so far.

Game might just be my most wanted for 2019.