• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
It's so weird that they seemingly had to scrap the Platinum project. It looked so good in those previous demos.

Still, this continues to look amazing. It's a dream come true to see that world and those characters come to life in such a context.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That's what I mean you guys. I said as much on the previous page. Its nothing new, yes, but Xenoblade 2 is like the gold standard this gen for that style and it just feels kinda the same with the distinct difference between the overworld and more stylized models.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I know that, just that it feels like it was touched up a little bit looking similar to Xenoblade with the almost realistic overworld with the softer more anime cel shaded character models. This is something that Xenoblade 2 did very well and a lot of games are starting to adopt that still which makes it very apparent. Even Astral Chains had an extremely monolith soft look to it, wbich coincidentally was also made by Platinum.
If by "Monolith soft look" you mean anime-style characters alongside environments made through PBR pipeline, then I'm afraid everything will be inspired by Xenoblade 2 to you. It was always the natural progression for these sorts of games, and again, there is footage of this game looking great before XB2 was announced.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
On one hand I'm glad that they're taking their time and avoiding crunch... on the other hand im getting major vapour ware vibes from this even though we keep seeing more from it. What do I mean? It'll continue to be dragged out before someone higher up says enough is enough and just scraps it 😔

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
It's not a diss, I said as much in my original post that it looks great and it definitely looked great from the start. All I was pointing out is that compared to the original reveal is that the character models look more stylized than fitting with the art direction of the overworld, something that Xenoblade 2 did very well and they look similar in that regard. Jesus Christ at the defense force in thos thread.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Man, it looks so fucking good. As only a casual player of the mobile game, this is still probably the JRPG im most looking forward to, though at the same time scared of how Cygames is going to monetize the additional characters that Id love to see be added in the game...

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a diss, I said as much in my original post that it looks great and it definitely looked great from the start. All I was pointing out is that compared to the original reveal is that the character models look more stylized than fitting with the art direction of the overworld, something that Xenoblade 2 did very well and they look similar in that regard. Jesus Christ at the defense force in thos thread.

Both games have some similar concepts. Worlds in the clouds and what have you, "gatcha" as a core system and some initial story premises. Though GBF is a serial work and Xenoblade 2 is less serial work.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still surprised they've not committed to a PC release yet.

COOP granblue on PC would sell by the truckload.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
This will be an action JRPG, playable singleplayer or multiplayer. You will be able to choose from the two main characters of Granblue Fantasy: Gran (male) or Djeeta (female). No character customization.

Are you sure, I thought you chose one of the 4 dragon knights , with the party being made up of the remaining knights ....

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Looks good, but I'm worried if there is enough focus on the story.

ultimately cygames are largely cream-of-the-crop ex-console developers who have basically had to tell JRPG stories via mobile/VN-style presentation in GaaS episodic bite-sizes for the better part of a decade. I don't think they're going to let this opportunity slide :V

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
ultimately cygames are largely cream-of-the-crop ex-console developers who have basically had to tell JRPG stories via mobile/VN-style presentation in GaaS episodic bite-sizes for the better part of a decade. I don't think they're going to let this opportunity slide :V
Let's hope you're right.

Oct 25, 2017
Eeeehhhhhh

It's visually fantastic, but the footage makes me think it'll be quite grindy. Didn't look too exciting to play, with the overall game structure seemingly lending itself well to repeating the same quests over and over again and probably a good dose of microtransactions.

Kind of a similar vibe I got from Babylon's Fall, actually, only obviously much more polished.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure, I thought you chose one of the 4 dragon knights , with the party being made up of the remaining knights ....

In this demo, at a likely advanced point in the game, you will be able to play/choose all characters you have at your disposal, for example the 4 dragon knights, but your starting main charater will be either Gran or Djeeta. At least that was how it was supposed to work before and how they stated it before.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I was really interested in the combat system and vibe of the Platinum footage, but this looks more like a grindy MMORPG and has less of the Platinum action flair in the boss battle.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I was really interested in the combat system and vibe of the Platinum footage, but this looks more like a grindy MMORPG and has less of the Platinum action flair in the boss battle.

I mean, Astral Chain has several grindy bosses. And it's not even a co-op game like this (at least not in the traditional sense).

OP
OP
Xadra

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Do we still know what this game is? Is it a mission-based co-op game like monster hunter or an explorable story-based JRPG?

It is a story-based JRPG with a co-op multiplayer. Until now they have only shown combat gameplay in a story mission (video below), and yesterday, they showed a multiplayer mission.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Looks cool, between this and the Arc System Work fighter, I'm now interested in Granblue Fantasy!

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
No doubt this will come to PS5, I just hope the devs optimize the game for the new system instead of porting the PS4 game to PS5. It will look soooo good.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No doubt this will come to PS5, I just hope the devs optimize the game for the new system instead of porting the PS4 game to PS5. It will look soooo good.
Yeah, anyone sees this as a PS5 launch title is going to go nuts.

I hope they can streamline that UI, or give you the ability to hide sections of it like Horizon. It's way too distracting.