• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm probably overly cynical with respect to SW at this point after the wretched TROS, but man, it sure feels like there is 100x the amount of content that references/pays homage/flat out panders to the OT than there is actual original content. They just can't seem to leave 3 40 year old movies behind, ever.

The Mandalorian is a love letter to the prequels, The Clone Wars and the Old EU.

It never reaches sequel trilogy levels of OT fanwank, and in many ways it's a fuck you to purists.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I swear that this better not be rhe absolute end of the current story because I thought it was going interesting places.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Hey now, he can totally act. He was great in Once Were Warriors.

He just chooses not to for this role.

Agreed. Great movie

I'm probably overly cynical with respect to SW at this point after the wretched TROS, but man, it sure feels like there is 100x the amount of content that references/pays homage/flat out panders to the OT than there is actual original content. They just can't seem to leave 3 40 year old movies behind, ever.

Because the fan base doesn't want it left behind.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I swear that this better not be rhe absolute end of the current story because I thought it was going interesting places.

We're likely just switching protagonists, now Boba is "The Mandalorian" while Din plays a supporting role.

I fully expect "The Book of Bo-Katan Kryze" to be a thing too.

And having it all tie to the groundwork done by these two seasons

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're likely just switching protagonists, now Boba is "The Mandalorian" while Din plays a supporting role.

I fully expect "The Book of Bo-Katan Kryze" to be a thing too.

And having it all tie to the groundwork done by these two seasons
Book of Bo-Katan will be a huge problem for countries where they translated "The Mandalorian" as a masculine noun :/

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Not sure why people think the book of Boba fett is going to be season 3 of the mandalorian.

It's going to be separate. Probably flash backs to his time as a young bounty hunter or his escape from the sarlaac and then him setting up a new crime empire in jabbas palace. They can introduce new bounty hunter scum or hutts who will work with or fight Boba.

This could be the monster of the week show people ask for. Also show how he met fennec and have Timothy Olyphant come back and interact with them.

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Not sure why people think the book of Boba fett is going to be season 3 of the mandalorian.

It's going to be separate. Probably flash backs to his time as a young bounty hunter or his escape from the sarlaac and then him setting up a new crime empire in jabbas palace. They can introduce new bounty hunter scum or hutts who will work with or fight Boba.

This could be the monster of the week show people ask for. Also show how he met fennec and have Timothy Olyphant come back and interact with them.

Yes. It is literally a theory based on nothing except that they premiere in the same month. Which means even less when you consider that there are like 12 announced shows. And this character was supposed to get a movie. I think they can somehow make enough content to support two shows in the next year. Especially since one character isn't even a Mandalorian, per his own and the word of at least two characters in canon.
Oh, by the way, the most successful show we have? Driving subscriptions for Disney+? Meh, we're done with it. But we'll completely change the cast and premise and see if we can keep the magic going.

Totally possible it could be. I just don't think it is.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I think most of the show will be Fennec and Fett, after the rescue. The rest is just Fett's backstory here and there.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What are you looking for out of them, then?

I am loving the Mandalorian, so I'm not against all the fan service stuff going on. At the same time, I do hope they give us something totally removed from the main movies at some point. The universe doesn't have to revolve around the Skywalker's and we can have something new without filling it with cameos from OT characters. It just comes across like they are really unsure of themselves at this point that they seem so afraid to step away from what has already been established.

www.resetera.com

The Book of Boba Fett announced for December 2021 for Disney+ (New series by Filoni, Favreau, and Robert Rodriguez)

Surprise reveal after the credits of The Mandalorian S2 finale. Announced on the same day we lost the original Boba Fett. RIP. https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/jeremy-bulloch-boba-fett-original-star-wars-trilogy-dies-75-n1251620 Update:

I appreciate this threads attempt to avoid spoilers, unlike that thread title. Not that it is huge, but when I saw that thread my first thought was "welp, I guess Boba Fett survives the finale. People really need to slow their roll when it comes to posting Mandalorian related stuff literally hours after the newest episodes go up. Again, it is a tiny thing, so I'm not like flipping out. But, the attempt to avoid spoilers with thread titles is appreaciated.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am loving the Mandalorian, so I'm not against all the fan service stuff going on. At the same time, I do hope they give us something totally removed from the main movies at some point. The universe doesn't have to revolve around the Skywalker's and we can have something new without filling it with cameos from OT characters. It just comes across like they are really unsure of themselves at this point that they seem so afraid to step away from what has already been established.

The upcoming Rangers of the New Republic series will hopefully be removed enough...

I do agree with that. I wish they didn't rely so much on the Skywalker legacy. It is a big universe and they are wasting it by keeping it so small.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Saw this on the r/StarWarsLeaks subreddit: "Last month when Deadline reported that a BOBA FETT mini-series was filming, they also said that Mando S3 would start filming in December. The BOBA FETT mini-series is filming for almost a month. Its 2 different shows"

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
My guess is they'll expand on that line in Mando season 2 Ep1 where he talks about an empty Sarlacc pit. The Krayt Dragon ate it and that's probably how he got out, in the process.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure this is mandalorian season 3.

Pretty wild POV switch. Its going to be a uphill battle to keep things interesting.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
THE SACRED MANDALORIAN TEXTS
Forget the Skywalker Saga; we're all about the Books of Mandalorians.
yqugry85uio31.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Deadline is reporting that it's a mini series spinoff fwiw. Not sure if they're speculating or if they have confirmation though.

Oct 26, 2017
I hope this is a mini-series and not Mando S3. Boba is just boring to me as a character. The cool bounty hunter shtick ran dry fast.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy about this, and if not for anything else, then just for that they didn't bring back an old beloved character just to kill him off.
His story in The Mandalorian was finished, and it's great that they will continue the character.

To neg on these news because he didn't bring out an Oscar Worthy performance in Mandalorian, come on. Boba Fett has been a beloved character in Star Wars for 30+ years based on a few lines (or was it only one even?).

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017

So yeah it looks like they are separate. Boba at the start of December then Mando S3 starts at Christmas, we feasting.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
It has been reported by the trades for over a month that a Fett miniseries would come before Mando Season 3, and with Pedro's stunt double confirming Pedro is returning, it is clear the Book of Boba Fett is a separate project.

While we're here: that title is fantastic.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Can we get James Mangold on this show. For some sweet poetry.

That'd be great, but I think he's busy on the next Indiana Jones.

On another note, I'm very happy this is seemingly a separate show. I'm entirely down for a King Conan of Tatooine Boba Fett show but I've grown invested in Din's story and would rather watch that if forced to make a choice. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like I'll have to.

Last edited:

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I don't think the Boba thing is season 3. He's not Mandalorian. We have unfinished business with Dinn

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
If this and Mando S3 are separate, I don't know how they could both launch in December, unless Book of Boba is only like 3 episodes long?

IIRC, at the investor's day meeting, Kennedy said "the next chapter" of Mando starts next Christmas, but she didn't specifically call it S3, did she?

I don't think the Boba thing is season 3. He's not Mandalorian. We have unfinished business with Dinn
Didn't they retcon (or I guess un-retcon) Boba as a Mandalorian? They affirmed Jango was a foundling like Dinn, and Boba is his clone son. It's why Dinn was okay leaving the armor with Boba after all.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Disney clearly wants as much Star Wars as possible, so it would be pretty weird to swap Din Jarin for Boba Fett..as opposed to continuing their already successful series and adding a Boba spin-off.

I'm sort of surprised Disney hasn't clarified already.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
From a Deadline article in early November:

Some sources indicating that the new season [of Mando] could begin production as soon as next week (or in late November/early December), while others point to spring 2021.

The confusion stems from the level of secrecy in the Lucasfilm camp. One explanation could be rumors that another Mandalorian-related project, I hear possibly a Boba Fett miniseries, would film first, starting next week, with The Mandalorian Season 3 following after a monthlong break.

Deadline seems confident that they're separate shows, filmed separately.