• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
isleep.jpg

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
If they can somehow get more cross-save setups going with more games this will be a dream

Could allow me to play more Destiny and FF14 easier in the future which could be useful. Always accessible smartphone/browser MMO gaming could be quite nice

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
lmao

"stadia connect"

displaying the level of creativity, heart, and individuality as the rest of the stadia brand

Plum

May 31, 2018
After the last one spent minutes discussing The Division 2 I don't exactly have much excitement for this one.

One day a Direct equivalent will actually realise what makes Directs so good... one day.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really excited to learn more, so much negatively for no reason at all.

If something is not for you, I don't even comment in that thread anymore.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
After the last one spent minutes discussing The Division 2 I don't exactly have much excitement for this one.

One day a Direct equivalent will actually realise what makes Directs so good... one day.
Sony got kinda close with the one that revealed FF7R, but they needed more announcements and better presentation

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine they will try to reset the narrative

Oct 28, 2017

You joke but I hope they take this opportunity to reframe what they plan to offer. Even if the plans don't change they need to talk about how Stadia plus something like Uplay+ basically equals a Netflix of games.

Other ways they can shift the narrative:

-Show and talk about exclusives people will want
-Make some sort of guarantee for how long they will keep Stadia running (minimum to be worth taking about is five years or a console generation).
-Talk about the games coming with the Pro service in future months to show the value of the Pro service

Svearik

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta
While I don't see myself jumping on board right away - still curious to see what they have to show and potential exclusives. Ya'll so negative.

Last edited:

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited to see this. I hope they actually start talking about the tech and latency implications. I have high hopes, but a large part of it is speculative at this point.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Stadia will run in full on Chrome Browsers.... Even on Linux...

Honestly, if it works well, this may be what finally gets me completely off Windows... The main game that keeps me locked in right now is Destiny 2...

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
I hope to see new features and services discussed. For example, what about game rentals? That could work very well on a platform like this. Also, I want to see them announce cross buy deals so I can buy the traditional copy of the game and get the Stadia version included for free.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think the "Nintendo direct " approach to Stadia is the wrong way of doing it lol

The last one felt low key....this one feels SUPER LOW KEY lol

They need to go full blown stage conference again for this to get more attention other wise this feels like Ouya

Honestly Google needs it's own first party exclusive " BOTW " or otherwise a AAA in house exclusive game at launch to get me any excited

Last edited:

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Stadia can't get ahead of The Conversation until millions of people see that the core experience is as good as a PS4/PS5. A lot of the negative reaction to their announcements is assuming the actual gameplay is compromised in major ways. If/When people see that it's really a very capable competitor, then the model they've created makes a lot more sense. It could post-pone a lot of early adopters for next-gen consoles when they're already delivering "next-gen" graphics a year early.

I hope we get a flavor for Stadia's first party approach, and it would be cool to hear some major 3rd party gets (candidates include: Cyberpunk, Red Dead, Death Stranding). But more than anything I want to see some believable demos of the service itself. Ideally there would be an updated demo people can run on their home connection, but at minimum it should be a broadly press demo that can be run on verified not-crazy internet connections.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think the "Nintendo direct " approach to Stadia is the wrong way of doing it lol

The last one felt low key....this one feels SUPER LOW KEY lol

They need to go full blown stage conference again for this to get more attention other wise this feels like Ouya
The hardest part is no matter how they show off Stadia, it could be seen as fake. With a Nintendo Direct, you know that stuff runs the way they are showing it. Stadia has so many variables, it's a pretty hard sell to convince people it works. Similar to the same issue VR games have. It seems to be something you have to use to know if it works.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
My hype has decreased every time they speak or release new info. I was really excited before e3 now after the reddit ama I'm at a lazy shrug

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
The hardest part is no matter how they show off Stadia, it could be seen as fake. With a Nintendo Direct, you know that stuff runs the way they are showing it. Stadia has so many variables, it's a pretty hard sell to convince people it works. Similar to the same issue VR games have. It seems to be something you have to use to know if it works.

But this is literally true of every stage-type demo. There's always a question if what we're seeing is actually running on a PS4, or whether it's actually gameplay at all. Once the core streaming question is broadly understood, then Stadia game demos will just be able the game content, not proving all these fundamental doubts about the platform.

Nov 5, 2017
What possibly could've changed between the last Stadia Connect and this one? I doubt anything new will be announced and they will be just reiterating what they have said before, but focused more on the Euro market, as this will be streamed during Gamescom.

Nov 23, 2017
Stadia can't get ahead of The Conversation until millions of people see that the core experience is as good as a PS4/PS5. A lot of the negative reaction to their announcements is assuming the actual gameplay is compromised in major ways. If/When people see that it's really a very capable competitor, then the model they've created makes a lot more sense. It could post-pone a lot of early adopters for next-gen consoles when they're already delivering "next-gen" graphics a year early.

I hope we get a flavor for Stadia's first party approach, and it would be cool to hear some major 3rd party gets (candidates include: Cyberpunk, Red Dead, Death Stranding). But more than anything I want to see some believable demos of the service itself. Ideally there would be an updated demo people can run on their home connection, but at minimum it should be a broadly press demo that can be run on verified not-crazy internet connections.
No, this is not true. The negativity comes from them having no exclusives, nothing interesting that makes their library stand out, nothing more advanced than any other console or pc as far as actual games go. Then you have paying 60 dollars per game still, no used anything possible, with no incentive at all really to do so and in fact google has only built up a reputation that makes people weary to start a library on their service.

The irony is that to get the things they need to get an actual base of core users they'll have to take epics approach, turning off the base of core users. Unless google gaming somehow has a multi year long AAA project hiding somewhere

Next gen early? With what game? Doom eternal looks like it does on any other platform.

Last edited:

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that literally only one hour after the gamescom opening ceremony?

Will the ceremony be so short that it's safe to air this at that time?

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
No, this is not true. The negativity comes from them having no exclusives, nothing interesting that makes their library stand out, nothing more advanced than any other console or pc as far as actual games go.

I agree. I don't fault their technology as much as I do their game lineup in general. They'd probably attract a lot more interest if they had a significantly larger library, with more variety in game genres. They should also offer several fun "pick up and play" games at budget prices of around $5 to $10.

Next gen early? With what game? Doom eternal looks like it does on any other platform.

Yes, and that's why so many people are apathetic about Stadia. Why should I drop $50 or more for an expensive game on an unproven platform, when I could buy the same title on a machine that I already own and enjoy the benefits that system offers? I'd be much more enthusiastic if they offered some affordable, fun games that I can't easily get on other contemporary platforms.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've announced it, told us how much it costs and when it's coming. This Direct seems like it will be all about the games coming to the service.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
No, this is not true. The negativity comes from them having no exclusives, nothing interesting that makes their library stand out, nothing more advanced than any other console or pc as far as actual games go. Then you have paying 60 dollars per game still, no used anything possible, with no incentive at all really to do so and in fact google has only built up a reputation that makes people weary to start a library on their service.

The irony is that to get the things they need to get an actual base of core users they'll have to take epics approach, turning off the base of core users. Unless google gaming somehow has a multi year long AAA project hiding somewhere

I said "a lot of", and even your post includes what I'm talking about: the presumption that a $60 game on Stadia is worth less than a $60 game on PS4/PS5.

I totally agree that Stadia needs a 1st party strategy, and I hope we hear about it at this event.

As for "next gen early", I'm talking about the hardware spec. I don't know what the Stadia version looks like compared to PS4 and PC, but the hardware spec puts it in line with what we know about next gen consoles. ID said that Stadia is near the top of their performance window for Doom Eternal (ranging from switch to high end PC). And that's before the more exotic cloud-specific techniques like "stacking" GPU units.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
since we can rule out Google implementing a Netflix/Game Pass library model or otherwise upending the business model/pricing strategy they've announced up to this point, I don't really see Stadia taking off unless they're being really aggressive in securing exclusives, timed or otherwise. so... we'll see in a week and a half

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Show me a God of War or BOTW-tier exclusive and I'll sign up.

Until then, what incentive do I have to pay a subscription fee for what will likely be a noticeably inferior experience?

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
since we can rule out Google implementing a Netflix/Game Pass library model or otherwise upending the business model/pricing strategy they've announced up to this point, I don't really see Stadia taking off unless they're being really aggressive in securing exclusives, timed or otherwise. so... we'll see in a week and a half

Stadia is a platform that allows you to play AAA games on virtually any device with no waiting for downloads, installs or updates. No hardware purchase required.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I want to know more details about 4k.. if it is like 4k at 30fps on medium setting.. meh. Now if we are talking 4k 60FPS all setting maxed out I'll bite.