• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, the defense..

tenor.gif

The patriots set a record for most points by a team that lost a superbowl (33) and only punted ONCE.

Brady completed 28 of 48 passes for 505 yards and three touchdowns, breaking the record for most passing yards in a Super Bowl that he had set in the previous season.

It was a RECORD breaking offensive performance. Meanwhile the defense couldn't handle a backup QB. The fumble sucked. The failed trick play sucked. But if you throw for over 500 yards and score 33 points in the superbowl you would THINK you'd be able to win.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Brady had to be near perfect to have a chance to win, because the D wasn't helping much.

Frickin Nick Foles balled out on them. Nick Foles.

And they had help in Butler waiting - crying - on the sidelines, but stubborn-ass Belichick would make the change.

Speaking of Bill's stubbornness, he doesn't want to budge off of AB when he's looking at 19-0 :/

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (permanent): continuously trolling over a series of posts in a serious thread + recently banned for similar behaviour
it is not my place to judge Antonio Brown, it is God's.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" - proverb

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The patriots set a record for most points by a team that lost a superbowl (33) and only punted ONCE.

Brady completed 28 of 48 passes for 505 yards and three touchdowns, breaking the record for most passing yards in a Super Bowl that he had set in the previous season.

It was a RECORD breaking offensive performance. Meanwhile the defense couldn't handle a backup QB. The fumble sucked. The failed trick play sucked. But if you throw for over 500 yards and score 33 points in the superbowl you would THINK you'd be able to win.
And if your offense only scores 13 points against a high powered rams offensive team you expect to lose yet his D bailed him out in that situation twice in 2002 and 2019

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017

this is how I feel as a steeler fan

but the truth hurts

the defense sucks. It's that simple. In that game the defense didn't show up

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Nah, to hell with all that

yep and it just came out that he sent really, really disturbing and threatening text messages to the woman from the SI article and the images of the texts seem pretty legit. heck, the emails from the first accuser seemed legit. brown is such trash and so are the patriots (this coming from a former fan).

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
F&M brought something up, they might cut him today after the press conferences from BB and Brady, that way they don't have to answer any questions till after the Jets game.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'd be fine with cutting him. Bill has more important things to concentrate on than AB's crap.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
yikes, didn't expect this kind of blasphemy to be found here

Ehhh. This seems like you're misinterpreting that Scripture verse. We shouldn't act like this is blasphemy.

Psalm 81:12
So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts, to follow their own counsels.

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

That user joking about AB being on his own isn't far off the mark. To "blaspheme" the Lord means to reject the common grace given to us as beings made in the Imago Dei; AB is a terror, and, beyond there being a mental or physiological reason to explain his actions, he's straight up rejecting the value of others. He's not beyond God's reach. No one is. But man, he's making it clear that he's the blasphemer, not some random person trolling you.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And if your offense only scores 13 points against a high powered rams offensive team you expect to lose yet his D bailed him out in that situation twice in 2002 and 2019
Not debating 2002 or 2019 lol. 2002 was a defensive win but also a very clutch 4th quarter brady drive. Still get goosebumps over the videos of the commentary that drive. Announcers were saying they should play for OT. Brady throws a pass. Announcer says he really disagrees with what brady and the pats are doing. Brady and Vinatieri shut him up. cue "We are all Patriots" in the first post 9/11 superbowl.

2019 was a fucking weird superbowl. Both were high powered offenses. Should have been a shootout.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh. This seems like you're misinterpreting that Scripture verse. We shouldn't act like this is blasphemy.

That user joking about AB being on his own isn't far off the mark. To "blaspheme" the Lord means to reject the common grace given to us as beings made in the Imago Dei; AB is a terror, and, beyond there being a mental or physiological reason to explain his actions, he's straight up rejecting the value of others. He's not beyond God's reach. No one is. But man, he's making it clear that he's the blasphemer, not some random person trolling you.
he said to hell with the word of god, i do not respect that kind of talk.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
When Nike, which literally employed child labor, has a higher moral ground than you.....

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Ye, thou shalt not cast stones at thee who possesses the feats of strength. Though they may rape and pillage, cheat and steal, they shan't be judged, lest we watch the league crumble.
Belichick 6:9

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
^That's not even a real bible verse

Let's be accurate pls, and not shame the religious among us

AB could learn a thing or two from the good book:

If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity. - Deuteronomy 25:11-1

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
i don't really appreciate the question

Okay. Well, if you're trolling: stop. This is a serious topic.

If you're not:

It's cowardly to not give an opinion on a man harassing the woman who accused him of sexual assault and hiding by religion as your excuse.

God isn't the one making the decision if he gets to stay on the team. God isn't one being sent threatening photos of his children.

Get a spine. Have your own opinion.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's cowardly to not give an opinion on a man harassing the woman who accused him of sexual assault and hiding by religion as your excuse.

God isn't the one making the decision if he gets to stay on the team. God isn't one being sent threatening photos of his children.

Get a spine. Have your own opinion.
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Luke 6:37-42

this is my own opinion

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
after many dealings with crumb, i can indeed say he is a coward of the highest magnitude, only surpassed by the dastardly Bronson

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
This thread got really weird.

Anyway, he's done this season. He'll probably play his last game as a Patriot this Sunday.

I won't rule out a return on another team next season, though. This is the NFL, after all.

So, just curious, but is anyone gonna speak up when Tyreke Hill takes the field again? Apple and oranges and all, but I find that case far more disturbing.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When Nike, which literally employed child labor, has a higher moral ground than you.....
I could be mistaken but I read that Nike ended its relationship with him because he wasn't honoring their deal with him. IE he did not show up to the required events and other missed appointments.

I bet the allegations were just the final tipping point though.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I could be mistaken but I read that Nike ended its relationship with him because he wasn't honoring their deal with him. IE he did not show up to the required events and other missed appointments.

I bet the allegations were just the final tipping point though.

Given the SI article, this makes the most sense.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
This thread got really weird.

Anyway, he's done this season. He'll probably play his last game as a Patriot this Sunday.

I won't rule out a return on another team next season, though. This is the NFL, after all.

So, just curious, but is anyone gonna speak up when Tyreke Hill takes the field again? Apple and oranges and all, but I find that case far more disturbing.
Didn't take KC long to learn the golden rule - don't cut a good player until the NFL acts first.

Oct 27, 2017
I wont quote it, but lol at a previous poster and his defenders for previously stating it would set a "ridiculously dangerous precedent" if the NFL had put Brown on the exempt list a week ago.