• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
First Herman Hurst had his upside down and now this. Are we putting the PS5 upside down?

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
But people in this forum said this was a good design, LMAO.

Having to use an accesory to place your console both vertical and horizontal, holy cow, that's like shitty design paramount.

EDIT: backup in case of sneaky Sony:

Last edited:

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
It's very considerate of Sony to release a special edition PS5 just for the Australian market

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Exclusive Stranger Things game by Kojima to be unveiled on the SoP in a couple of hours.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
The PS1 worked better upside down. Maybe that's the secret to quieting the PS5's drive?

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is actually how I set up my PS5 when I first got it because I'm what? A dumb bitch.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
probably hired just some advertising agency to shoot some footage and the console wasn´t even plugged in. No one of the shooting crew didn´t know/care :D

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe
"Shared adventures. Forged bonds. Life's best memories are ones created together."

*Shows single-player game*

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Maybe next time they should record footage of the TV actually displaying the game with the console turned on instead of just editing a screenshot in lol.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
THIS IS THE SECRET INSIDER TECH
IT GIVES ADDITIONAL 4 TFLOPS

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
it's an analogue for sony's future. They're heading in the wrong direction. No matter how hard they try, how many advertising dollars they spend, they can't hide the fact that the Play Station Five is upside down and their influence is waning.

The age of Sony is done.

Nov 2, 2019
This reminds me of all the commercials/shows/movies where someone is playing a game and they're clearly not using the right controller and it's not plugged it or off.

It's funny and dumb when it's a commercial for Febreeze or something, it's really dumb when it's the console manufacturer themselves. They should know better. Sony's PR and marketing are having a helluva past month.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
It's hilarious because I can totally see how this would be the right side up. The lump at the bottom + the fact that the stand isn't always visible in promo pics makes it seem stupid at a glance to have the lump at the bottom. When I first saw the PS5, I thought the lump would be at the top horizontally, too. It looks awful with the lump at the top, lol.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Can I get context on the "PS1 upside down"? There's an ad for this?
No, not an ad. When the disc reading laser mechanism starts to shit the bed and isn't reading discs, you can sometimes get it to work by using the console upside down. Same with the Dreamcast (or any other top loading disc system of the era).