• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Lesgoooooooooooooo
the king is back
tenor.gif

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Considering the majority of Sonic TV Series have been good, this one should hopefully be a good watch as well.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't these the same people that made that new Mega Man cartoon that lasted for one season lol

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Huh. OK, then. I fell off of Ben 10 after the first season, but this'll likely be good.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Oh shit!

Hope it takes a more serialized, action approach than Sonic Boom which was entirely episodic and self-contained. SatAM was my jam as a kid and holds up surprisingly well (aside from some '90s 'tude stuff, depending on your level of cringe about that sort of thing).

I was a little too old for Sonic X at the time of its premiere I think to really get into it, but that show was legit as well, I know a ton of people who are nostalgic as hell for it.

Kind of funny how Nintendo gave up on doing animated adaptations after the 80s/early 90s Mario and Zelda cartoons (Pokemon being its own thing entirely), while Sega's returned to the well multiple times. This will be the sixth regular series.

OP
OP

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
As I am looking more into it I think it would have been more fitting to change Ben 10 in the title for Mega Man Fully Charged... but that would create a whole different set of expectations... at least they would be realistic.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
They might be able to pull it off. Netflix don't drop original bullshit content so ill see how it is.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Never watched Ben 10, so I really don't know what to expect.

Sonic is such a weird property to serialize because you can go so many directions. You can go batshit insane and stupid like Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. You can go overly child friendly like Sonic X. You can be straight up cringe like Sonic Underground. You can find a kind of a perfect medium of goofy and seriousness like Sonic SatAM or you just go extremely self-aware and funny like Sonic Boom. Patiently waiting to see how this pans out.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I like Sonic Underground. Tell me that that radical 90's intro doesn't put a smile on your face. You can't. You can't look at a green cartoon hedgehog slamming on drums that shoots a laser beam at a robot to make it explode and not smile. It's impossible.
I won't lie, maybe it's just a guilty pleasure but the Sonic Underground theme song is a bop.

Can't really be said for the rest of the series though!

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Okay, okay fair enough, I often forget that one exists as I don't ever remember it airing locally when I was a young'un.

It's always AoStH, SatAM, Sonic X, and then Sonic Boom in my head.
My deepest apologies for reminding you of its existence. At least your childhood was spared the cringe.
I like Sonic Underground. Tell me that that radical 90's intro doesn't put a smile on your face. You can't. You can't look at a green cartoon hedgehog slamming on drums that shoots a laser beam at a robot to make it explode and not smile. It's impossible.

Gouf

May 17, 2018
Aren't they very inconsistent in terms of quality? I remember trying to watch Avengers Assemble years ago and it was dreadful.
The first couple of Ben 10 TV series and Generator Rex are their only pretty good shows and those are all 10+ years old now at this point. Everything else they've made has always seemed unremarkable or bad.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
meh, man of action became mediocre after the amazing high of Generator Rex and never quite reached that level since so i'm not too impressed

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I'll miss Boom, but if this is a more action oriented take, I'm down. The bar for that is basically Sonic X, which is not a high bar.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Man of Action is doing this?

Interest dead, just like that.