• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no. Not falling for this shit again.

We were supposed to have something like two years ago now, even with the pandemic delaying things that would of been huge. Not the first we got a title tease.. or anything, and then silence. (Fable comes to mind)

Wasn't it him and someone else here saying there was two Silent Hill games in development years back, complete with "announcement soon" type vibes?

Not that I necessarily believe it, but the pandemic has wrecked things real bad. It's possible it was due for an announcement at one point and the pandemic threw a massive log in the cogs.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
But Bloober only signed with Konami last year, and these pictures are allegedly from 2020, so that wouldn't add up. It has to be the known Japanese studio VGC talked about.

yeah they did say there was two, and one was Japanese and the other was Bloober?

Theres been so many Silent Hill rumours, it is hard to keep track.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
But Bloober only signed with Konami last year, and these pictures are allegedly from 2020, so that wouldn't add up. It has to be the known Japanese studio VGC talked about.
unless they pitched this to konami to get picked up, yeah i dunno

just from these screens i couldnt say if it is or isnt bloober

MoonCoffee8

Banned
Aug 30, 2020
User Banned (1 Week): Hostility towards another member, account in junior phase
This guy again? Come on. It's like there's nothing this guy can do to loose anyones faith around here, including being wrong for years.

Co-signing on this. Blatant lying and saying that plans changed when he's way off the mark and clearly lying. Didn't he also say he's quitting the spoiler game and then immediately go on to spouting more lies. .

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Co-signing on this. Blatant lying and saying that plans changed when he's way off the mark and clearly lying. Didn't he also say he's quitting the spoiler game and then immediately go on to spouting more lies. .
Allow me to introduce you to the ignore feature present on this website.

No need to co-sign a petition or anything lol

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

what has he lied about? Dusk Golem never gave any specific details as far as I am aware except he heard one was being made. It was the other person who was talking about it being Japan Studios and whatnot.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Weirdos that have a bone to pick with Dusk are showing their heads 🗿
On topic, seems interesting. If this isn't the Bloober game, I'm super curious as to who the dev is. Are we expecting this to be exclusive? If not, SGF incoming?

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Looks fantastic imo. Can anybody translate that last image?

FSmrHVBUcAANtQy

FSmrHU8UUAASPV9

FSmrHU9VUAA30aa
It's a letter saying that they are going to take the addresses two children away because of a violation of some law.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like some of the skeptics on this thread are thinking we believe this is Kojima's game.

Nobody said that. We already know Bloober has an agreement with Konami to make a game, most like Silent Hill. It's not the most impossible thing for a Silent Hill game to be developed, by Bloober or otherwise.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Come on guys, don't keep doing this to yourselves again

There is almost a guarantee that there is a Silent Hill game in development. Even disregarding the leaks, it is a decent sized franchise that is due for a revival, especially with how Resident Evil has been going. The issue is whether it will actually be good or not.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Would be nice to have more info like who's developing it but I understand the need for restraint to protect the source and keep the mystery alive for the proper announcement. This has been a LONG journey of teasing though I realize that isn't the intent.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I just don't get like, games take a lot of people to make. We're taking character artists, environment artists, sound, programmers, legal, corporate, etc. Why so little information over such a long period of time, only from one or two people who I don't think are journalists?

That said I do believe Dusk believes their source is legit of course, I don't think he's ever posted with malicious intent or anything, Dusk is a huge SH fan

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Heavy RE7 vibes, but I can get behind it. idk about the text messages thing. I doubt it will actually make it into the game(maybe as a dedicated app you can optionally download that serves a similar purpose?), but that sounds like a legal nightmare to me for some reason idk.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
First image is promising, not a fan of the sunlight though so hopefully just testing lighting. Wonder who's developing.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
see now this is actually scary. getting unsolicited texts/calls is terrifying ngl
ehh, i always thought it was kinda meh considering you'd have to agree and input your number anyways

like, i'd have to be playing for a while to forget that i did that, i'd just have my phone next to me and pick it up expecting game stuff any time it'd beep