• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost done with Shenmue 2 and still can't believe we are getting this. The ending of 2 is going to be a completely different experience now from when I completed it in 2003.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Direct feed Ren shot just dropped.

DzzaZSTXcAA2DVk.jpg

That's a great looking current gen Dreamcast game. Wonderful shot <3

Oct 27, 2017
Between RE2Make, Shenmue 3, Bloodstained and The Outer Worlds, it really feels like my favorite games are finally making a resurgence. Lan Di and Ren both look amazing.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually super pumped to see how the fighting mechanics work. It seems like they really put a lot of time and effort into making that aspect really shine.

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
These screens are looking hot. Can't wait for the trailer (feat. gameplay) next month :D

What's that location in the other screenshot? The capsule machines look out of place lol
It's a boat. I don't think it's too much of a stretch for these to be on a boat -- they don't even require power or anything. That said, there have always been anachronistic and weird elements to these games.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Ren of Heavens! Looks great.

edit: I mean LOOKS HORRIBLE lol kickstarter people!!! I'm not owned!!! I'm not owned!11

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Echoing other people itt. I really miss these colors and palette in games. So good to see a game doing out of the ordinary we got in this time and age.
Suzuki/AM2 should do more games.

Apr 21, 2018
This game looks like how I remember Dreamcast games. Which is good?
Well, yeah. Even if Shenmue 1 seems less saturated, Shenmue 2 environments were much more colorful.(3 continues even more in that direction) As many said it looks like a AM2 production (VF5 era i would say).

If you're trying to say it didn't evolve that much, well, i think it finally looks like a proper current gen game.

DC ERA
https://www.eliteguias.com/img/juegos/shenmue-2/man-mo-temple_5.jpg

PS360 ERA
https://www.supercheats.com/guides/files/guid/sleeping-dogs/Statue_02B.jpg

PSONE4 ERA
https://global-img.gamergen.com/shenmue-iii-19-02-2019_09026C015D00918730.jpg

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
something about how they look and stand just make me feel like its either bad animations or these are in someway not representative of how it would look in game.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
These screens are looking hot. Can't wait for the trailer (feat. gameplay) next month :D

It's a boat. I don't think it's too much of a stretch for these to be on a boat -- they don't even require power or anything. That said, there have always been anachronistic and weird elements to these games.

What, you wouldn't expect to see a After Burner arcade unit in an underground fight club in Kowloon?

Apr 21, 2018
something about how they look and stand just make me feel like its either bad animations or these are in someway not representative of how it would look in game.
Yep, like certains key scenes of Shenmue 1, yakuza or Uncharted games, in game models will be less detailed. (I usually don't care because i don't focus on the back of my character)
https://i.cubeupload.com/Mrait1.png

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018
[SaQUOTE="MELLO, post: 18124927, member: 4093"]I dont care either but it just look weird to my eye. Need to see it in motion more[/QUOTE]Same for me.

Apr 21, 2018
What are the chances of Ryo and/or Ren being guest characters in, say, DOA 6?
Yep, very low. You have more chances seeing them in Sega Heroes, Namco cross over T-RPG than in a proper Fighter Megamix 2 every Sega Nuts dreams about. Kiryu Kazuma is tired smashing japanese sand bags of Kamurocho, Lan Di, Iwao, Adam Hunter, Shiva, Spike, Vanessa, Sarah Bryant are waiting for teaching him a lesson.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Been trying to stay away from most news since that amazing announcement. Those screens look amazing. Didn't even know about the trailer till today.

I think my hype starts when i hear that music. Bought the first two on Xbox... should get around to my first playthrough after twenty years. Freshman year...hotdamn.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017

Several weeks ago I promised a contest for the @ MagicMonaco 5th anniversary. I will reveal this contest tonight before 22:00 CET. The rewards are big and include # Shenmue3 opportunities. We have not so much time till MAGIC, so the duration will only be 48 hours. # MAGICMONACO

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
That is an incredibly good promotion. Whoever gets it is one lucky mother fucker.

That better be a placeholder cover because eugh.
The "cover" has shown up before sometime last year in a German magazine, and it's likely the new German Amazon listing has been cobbled together from whatever art assets Koch Media had on the server.

EDIT: And by the same logic the unreleased screenshot is from an old build too. The screens have come from a mix of builds dating back to the 2017 pre-Alpha, up until about July last year.

EDIT2: Thanks to Ianpm31 on the Shenmue Dojo for pointing this out, but the Deep Silver logo is also old (the new one looks like this). 100% placeholder image.

Last edited:

Sappharad

Oct 25, 2017
That is an incredibly good promotion. Whoever gets it is one lucky mother fucker.
Agreed. When Cedric started teasing a contest I assumed it would probably be a trip, but a chance to play the game goes above and beyond.

I just hope everyone who enters the contest is aware of what's required of them to travel to France on such sort notice. (assuming the majority of people entering will be from outside of the country) I wouldn't want them to accidentally pick a winner who can't actually go because they don't have the required travel documents. Obviously it's going to be pretty easy for someone already in the EU, but I know at least for the US that standard passport processing times are 4-6 weeks, or 2-3 if you pay for expedited. Anyone who doesn't already have what they need probably doesn't have enough time to be a winner. (In my experience, I got my passport in under 2 weeks without paying for them to rush, but I also ordered it several months before my first trip overseas.)

darksniper

Sep 18, 2018
Soon as I seen that, I was thinking that Sega needs to make Fighter's Megamix 2 and he needs to be in it.
Yep, very low. You have more chances seeing them in Sega Heroes, Namco cross over T-RPG than in a proper Fighter Megamix 2 every Sega Nuts dreams about. Kiryu Kazuma is tired smashing japanese sand bags of Kamurocho, Lan Di, Iwao, Adam Hunter, Shiva, Spike, Vanessa, Sarah Bryant are waiting for teaching him a lesson.

Sega Dream Matches that NEED to happen

Ren of Heavens vs Goro Majima

Kazuma Kiryu vs Lan Di

Karou Sayama vs Xiuying Hong

Taiga Saejima vs Dou Niu

Guizahang Chen vs Akira Nishiki

Ryo Hazuki vs Kazuma Kiryu

Lan Di vs Ryuichi Goda

Apr 21, 2018
Sega Dream Matches that NEED to happen

Ren of Heavens vs Goro Majima

Kazuma Kiryu vs Lan Di

Karou Sayama vs Xiuying Hong

Taiga Saejima vs Dou Niu

Guizahang Chen vs Akira Nishiki

Ryo Hazuki vs Kazuma Kiryu

Lan Di vs Ryuichi Goda
Lan Di is an excellent opponent for Kiryu but little ang-ryo Hazuki doesn't stand a chance against Kazuma. Only Hazuki V5 feat "I forgive you, Lan di" could destroy both Kiryu and the Kung Fu expert in a single blow. ;)
https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/17/28/81/54/cipowz10.jpg

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Has less resting evil face, but maybe that's because of the angle to some extent.