• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Dzxrv6MWwAAVq-s.jpg:orig

The models are looking great now! Gameplay will be included in the trailer on March 9th.

DzydC1EWwAI2OvC.jpg

Waiting on the Ren screen.

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
He looks younger, but I think they nailed the presence. He's beefier, which makes him a more obvious threat, but I think that fits everything we know about him at this point.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
You ain't getting away this time buddy.

Looking at Shenmue 3 stuff makes the lack of Virtua Fighter 6 hurt even more

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
That.. looks more like Ryo than Lan Di? Is he going to be Ryo's real father or something?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks way better than I was expecting it to look.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Looks more like a promotional render than an actual in-game character model but I hope I'm wrong. I figure being cynical with this game is probably best to avoid being heartbroken.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a promotional render or in-game?

It's a game screenshot like the previous other screens that had people complaining about the faces. They're not going to waste resources having two different models in promo render vs game render anyway, and Lan Di's model in this isn't even pre-rendered quality.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played the series, is there a comparison shot available?

Original Lan Di:

181568-char_landi_shenmue.jpg

I do kind of agree that he looks weirdly younger here, but I think part of that may just be the sort of odd angle we have to look at him.

That.. looks more like Ryo than Lan Di? Is he going to be Ryo's real father or something?

I always thought that some sort of similarity (specifically Lan Di's scar/Ryo's bandaid) was intentional. Ryo is very much on the path to perpetuating a cycle of violence and becoming like the man he hates if he doesn't come to his senses.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I like that they are keeping the classic Dreamcast era character designs and just adding lots of high-resolution textures and lighting. That way it looks like it belongs as part of the same series while still looking modern. It's a mix. I prefer this to having these characters possibly looking too realistic.

Oct 28, 2017
MY NAME IS RYO HAZUKI, YOU KILLED MY FATHER, PREPARE TO DIE!

Been waiting for this son of a bitch for 15 years. Vengeance!!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
He looks good, but also looks pretty different face-wise.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He has less of that Chinese look they went for in Shenmue I and II
I wonder why though

But he looks fucking great

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooohh that's good. The mofo looks like he don't give a fuck about any of us. That's Lan Di for you. I'm gonna finish VC4 quick to start Shenmue2 HD. How is the state of the game this days?

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
I get some folks are thirsty for the game, but all the output i have seen so far from this project seems to be a bit bland, like a simple render from Maya 2007.
Everything is way too smooth. I assume they are working on a tight budget, it seems the art department would benefit greatly from some more talent and time.

I just hope the team gets something worthwhile for the fans by the time this is finished.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
looks a bit younger, yeah and the pic also looks slightly touched up, but i'm liking it.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Looks younger and buffer but it's still Lan Di. Good job.
I can't say the same about the girl they told us is Shenhua.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This game is still coming out in August right?

One new thread just for a picture is crazy a few months before release.