• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Looking at the site template looks like the Xbox stuff is just a placeholder for the PC logos. The game is well known to be releasing at launch for PS4 and PC and in the site template only show PS4 and Xbox One.

Hopefully, the game eventually gets realeased everywhere, as this game needs all the sales it can get to not need another kickstarter to make the lasts chapters in Shenmue story.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Sony and PC fans duped to paying that Kickstarter lol

I'm sure you didnt make it on purpose, but your post clearly highlight what's fucked up about the industry: Dumb tribalism. Do you believe I backed Shenmue III on kickstarter because I'm a "pc or sony fan" ? No, because it was the sequel of a game I waited for 12 years.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you're saying that Sony paid for a deal that already expired and they will get nothing in exchange?

We dont know the terms. But If Square wanted out of the deal, it probably wouldn't be that hard considering they have literally done it twice already with XIII and Versus XIII / XV. *Sony should probably stop signing these "deals"

In the long term what does Sony lose anyway? We have 15 years of proof that points to JRPG's and FF selling that crap on Xbox no matter what MS tries. If it launches day 1 across Xbox and PS4 its still going to sell 80% of its copies on PS4. Xbox gets to say FF7 is best on Xbox! Everyone is happy but list worriers.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure you didnt make it on purpose, but your post clearly highlight what's fucked up about the industry: Dumb tribalism. Do you believe I backed Shenmue III on kickstarter because I'm a "pc or sony fan" ? No, because it was the sequel of a game I waited for 12 years.

Yeah you can tell it's E3 and new consoles are coming. People be talking (before it's official mind you) like this is some sort of win for MS. Screw that, this is about Shenmue reaching more people for potential for more sales so the franchise can grow and we can get more.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
When Yu started the project he probably never thought it would grow into what it did and with deep silver came more funds. This allowed an Xbox port. Simple really
Yeah though still a bit strange to announce it at a Sony e3 in a big way like that thought they was backing it too but let fans pay for it instead
Ok

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication
This thread is about Shenmue 3 potentially coming to Xbox. It's not about FF7 and the timed deal we have no current info on. Please refrain from derailing the thread about content not directly related to it.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Shenmue has more history with Xbox than any platform it's currently announced for. So might make sense to put there as well.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
Sony and PC fans duped to paying that Kickstarter lol
Why? It's not like they dumped their backers. They will receive what they paid for. This announcement probably boosted overall excitement around Shenmue franchise. As a result Yu found a publisher. Possibility of Shenmue 3 coming to more platforms is in a no way "shits" on them.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
about final fantasy 7 i believe it will release everywhere, just look at ff15, pc,stadia,ps4, xone, mobile version to switch, android, ios.

what we know so far is that its "first at ps4" revealed 4 years ago, that could have changed, but only playstation channels on the internet promoted the last teaser and they decided to reveal the trailer in a sony event. So i think that either the deal is still on, that the game is still a time exclusive or it changed to a marketing deal.

although i dont even doubt they could try to port ff7 remake to switch later.

edit: ignore my post

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019
about final fantasy 7 i believe it will release everywhere, just look at ff15, pc,stadia,ps4, xone, mobile version to switch, android, ios.

what we know so far is that its "first at ps4" revealed 4 years ago, that could have changed, but only playstation channels on the internet promoted the last teaser and they decided to reveal the trailer in a sony event. So i think that either the deal is still on, that the game is still a time exclusive or it changed to a marketing deal.

although i dont even doubt they could try to port ff7 remake to switch later.

The annouance said first on ps4, its obvious is coming to other platforms.

There is no mistery about that.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
The more sales the better for the franchise... especially for a game that sounds like it really needs that support going forward.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why? It's not like they dumped their backers. They will receive what they paid for. This announcement probably boosted overall excitement around Shenmue franchise. As a result Yu found a publisher. Possibility of Shenmue 3 coming to more platforms is in a no way "shits" on them.
Honestly? If I was waiting for a sequel to a game that has been released over a decade ago and have lost hopes for one, then out of nowhere the game is announced I would feel like if it was a godsend.

I would never feel duped into kick-starting something I have been dreaming of for years.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Official Staff Communication
This thread is about Shenmue 3 potentially coming to Xbox. It's not about FF7 and the timed deal we have no current info on. Please refrain from derailing the thread about content not directly related to it.
tenor.gif

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
On the other hand would it be that shocking? They also brought 1 and 2 to Xbox One. But then again, there would be no reason not to. I honestly wouldn't mind if this gets confirmed before E3.

Oct 25, 2017

Seriously. Do you think Huber backed this simply because it's coming to PS4? Hell no. It's a series he waited for since Shenmue 2 launched.

And honestly. When it was announced for PC. If you didn't think at some point it was coming to Xbox. You're a fool. IDK when it's coming but it is. Same as FF7.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
While some people think that this will be a down E3, I feel like this will actually be one of the best E3's ever.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
If this is indeed the case then I would expect to hear an official announcement at E3. Either way, I always figured it would make its way to Xbox eventually. It was always an Xbox franchise besides the Dreamcast.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So the 2015 Sony year of dreams games ended up being multi plays and an ok puzzle game? That's something to think about.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand would it be that shocking? They also brought 1 and 2 to Xbox One. But then again, there would be no reason not to. I honestly wouldn't mind if this gets confirmed before E3.
I understand it looks that way to a lot of people, so it bears repeating that "they" is not who you think they are. Sega brought SI & SII to XB1 because they were looking to make a buck on the back of the sequel coming relatively soon. YS Net owns the trademark for SIII and Deep Silver is publishing the game globally, so people making decisions about which Shenmue game should release on which platform are not the same.

So the 2015 Sony year of dreams games ended up being multi plays and an ok puzzle game? That's something to think about.
Lol yeah I was just thinking about this. That "E3 of dreams" turned out pretty lame and disappointing in the end.
Right... because 2 games that "potentially" are coming to Xbox (where nothing is actually confirmed) diminishes how fucking amazing it was to see these games announced and announced on in a single conference which was Sony's stage? Tell that to Michael Huber and the Game Trailers crew who were ecstatic because of the content, not because of which company scored E3 points.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wasnt this always coming to Xbox?

Lol yeah I was just thinking about this. That "E3 of dreams" turned out pretty lame and disappointing in the end.
Sigh.

The games exist do they not? Why does it matter if they end up being multiplatform that it somehow negates how special that E3 was for fans?

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Right... because 2 games that "potentially" are coming to Xbox (where nothing is actually confirmed) diminishes how fucking amazing it was to see these games announced and announced on Sony's stage? Tell that to Michael Huber and the Game Trailers crew who were ecstatic because of the game and not who announced them.

This is what kills me. And to see people clinging and using my precious Shenmue as fanboy bait is killing me.

I deadset shed a tear the moment I heard the theme. I could not give two shits if it came on every platform under the sun. I WILL buy it on everything I can.

And no matter what that moment at E3 is not diminished because it came to other consoles. So silly.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People whent crazy for the multiplats at MS last conference, people can go crazy for SOnys too. Sony probably sold tons of ps4 and set the tone for the rest of the gen. It was a PR move. People were saying MS won last E3 becuase they showed multiplats like Cyberpunk, Sekiro, etc. Are you going to now say they lost that E3 and it was boring?

edit: damn I just saw that mod post.

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These are dumb posts, it was called the E3 of dreams because long awaited and requested games showed up and not because they were exclusive.

When you have driveby posts saying "Microsoft's E3s are actually bad because they're just showing off games on my PlayStation!!!!" That go unreported and unmoderated, you're bound to get posts of the same quality going the other direction.

Videos games is angsty

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I'm so sorry for detailing, I had no idea this would be such a touchy thing to bring up.

On topic: it's great to see more people able to play such a hotly anticipated new title.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
When you have driveby posts saying "Microsoft's E3s are actually bad because they're just showing off games on my PlayStation!!!!" That go unreported and unmoderated, you're bound to get posts of the same quality going the other direction.

Videos games is angsty
What does that have to do with what I said? An eye for an eye shouldn't be a justification.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sorry for detailing, I had no idea this would be such a touchy thing to bring up.

On topic: it's great to see more people able to play such a hotly anticipated new title.

Any game but my dear Shenmue

That's the spirit though. Like as a fan I understand it's niche so for any chance of a continuation we need it to sell well and the more consoles it's on the better chance we have. I wish it was also coming to switch.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I deadset shed a tear the moment I heard the theme. I could not give two shits if it came on every platform under the sun. I WILL buy it on everything I can.
Shenmue III is the kind of game I would buy if it was exclusive to Stadia which I'm pretty dead set against buying. Doesn't matter who announced it, it was a magical moment.

Wait, is this like Crash all over again where people think it's staying exclusive lol?
YS Net owns the trademark to the game, so it's their choice where it goes. As I posted before I personally doubt they're spending any of the budget being used to make the game the best it can be, on a port which does nothing but adds another layer of responsibility to a pretty small team making an ambitious game for their size. The only way I see it being possible to launch this on Xbox the same day as PS4/PC is if someone came in and supported an Xbox port with their own money. Aside from that, there's little to suggest it's anything like the Crash situation all over again considering how Crash Bandicoot is wholly owned by Activision and the Shenmue III trademark is owned by the independent studio that's making the game. It's possible but it's not certain.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from this exclusivity debate, I'd love to hear more about what might be in a Collector's Edition and if any of it is much different to the exclusive Kickstarter goodies. I'm mad enough to double dip on something like that if it's unique.