• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Pix'n Love, the French company that released a Shenmue I & II Collector's Edition last year, will also be releasing a Shenmue III Collector's Edition. Only 2,500 units will be made and preorders will open on October 9th.

The price and content are being kept under wraps for now but they'll be revealing all the details over the next few days. More info:

ShenmueIII_PS4_Div_036.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
Very attractive.

How many different versions of this game are there? Deep Silver must be expecting this to sell more than is possible, IMO. So many different preorder editions and SKUs for such a divisive game.

BTW: the logo font looks ok there for some reason.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That company did a very nice (and similar) thing for Mega Man 11. Was pleased with how it turned out too.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Classy choice of colours although it's a shame about the various logos at the bottom.

Some great options out there, the Shenmue 3 Dreamcast cases are amazing.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
That's mighty tempting and will definitely go on to become a very rare collectors item in future.

Might have to try and nab one.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
At this point they're like Ubisoft with the silly amount of different editions lol...

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
They had a pretty good SF30th one, and the SamSho from a couple of months back looks pretty good too.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the same one that was promised as a Kickstarter reward?

If so I can see this being controversial...

No idea. I think these have their own art books usually but it wouldn't bother me as a backer either way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They had a specific one for the Shenmue I & II release so I imagine it will be the same as that.

njUBNRR.png

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never played Shenmue, but after playing Yakuza 0 kiwami and kiwami 2, i dont really know if i will enjoy the third game, let alone the 1 and 2 remastered

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pix'n'Love has also published two 300 pages books about the history of RARE studio, but only in french. 🐸 🐓

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
The product link is now working with a countdown:

nEAcyGU.jpg

MZrzreI.png

SHENMUE III – PlayStation 4™ Collector's Edition

This numbered edition of 2500 copies includes:

• The game Shenmue III - Day One Edition for PlayStation 4™.
  • A 104-page artbook featuring exclusive design sketches and pictures from Shenmue III (english texts).
  • A numbered certificate of authenticity.
  • 4 lithographs.
  • An original cardboard box with Pantone colours.
------------------------

Deep Silver, Ys Net and Pix'n Love are pleased to present this exclusive Collector's Edition for the Shenmue III game on PlayStation 4™ !

In addition to the physical game on PS4, this limited edition of 2500 copies includes an exclusive box and an unpublished 104-page artbook dedicated to Shenmue III. Environments, design sketches, characters, objects, costumes.... Nearly 200 visuals selected by Yu Suzuki himself are included in this book dedicated to the graphic design of the long-awaited Shenmue III.

This collector's edition also includes a numbered certificate of authenticity, as well as 4 lithographs featuring official illustrations of Shenmue III.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't get it either, honestly. The artwork for all 276 versions of this game could've been way better.

(This is now live, btw) Site seems to be stalled or dead from traffic, however.

Oct 30, 2017
Wow. Their site got totally blitzed. It's kind of crazy how fast these things crash or sell out. Def. a sign that Shenmue fans' devotion to this series bodes well for the possibility of a fourth game.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I secured a copy to go along with my other Pix'n Love Shenmue HD edition. The site seems to have stabilised now.

JayCeeJim

Jan 3, 2019
It's a shame the regular edition boxart of the game will be so bad, with that gold bezel in the logo, old character models and black (but not elegant) background.

When all this special editions show that there's much better art in the game to pick from.

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
It's a shame the regular edition boxart of the game will be so bad, with that gold bezel in the logo, old character models and black (but not elegant) background.

When all this special editions show that there's much better art in the game to pick from.

Yeah, I don't get it. The first two games had decent and nice boxart.