• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow that brings back memories. I haven't heard of the name Shaman King in like 15 years wow

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the anime as a kid. I think I watched it 5 years ago and generally enjoyed the experience.

Tried the manga. Recoiled in horror.

Oct 8, 2019
Okay, so can I get Negima? Please? PLEASE?

Its absolutely incredible that over Ken Akamatsu's entire career I dont think his ever gotten a good anime adaptation. Neither Love Hina or any Negima series have ever had an actual ending that wraps up the plot (Love Hina just confuses the audience in who the promise girl is because they couldnt be bothered to animate the flashback that explains the plot). The first Negima series just goes into crazy town and writes out a major character, and the second anime doesnt is barely an adaptation and has that weird obsession with the Chupacabra.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I invested a lot into this manga only for it to not have an ending, and whatever "ending" there was was later made into a short manga series released only in Japan. I wanted to give the anime a try, but it deviated from the source right from the start and quite drastically, and I hated that.

I don't know what to expect from this, but I'm not optimistic.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of this show and just googled Chocolove... fuck that, can't ever watch this anime.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Its absolutely incredible that over Ken Akamatsu's entire career I dont think his ever gotten a good anime adaptation. Neither Love Hina or any Negima series have ever had an actual ending that wraps up the plot (Love Hina just confuses the audience in who the promise girl is because they couldnt be bothered to animate the flashback that explains the plot). The first Negima series just goes into crazy town and writes out a major character, and the second anime doesnt is barely an adaptation and has that weird obsession with the Chupacabra.

I think ultimately he doesn't care how the anime adaptations turn out all that much. This can't be on accident, because they could easily have done Negima for several years while his other manga was running.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Yas! Although I echo the concerns surrounding Chocolove.

(Also, I know Kodansha owns this now, but...does this mean we can get an Eyeshield 21 remake, too? Pleeeaaaaase? Murata wants it, too!)

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Nice! I liked the manga a lot but thought the anime was trash. I remember One Piece and Shaman King coming on 4Kids and being so excited for them and then they just paled so much in comparison to the manga. A Shaman King series that more closely follows the manga will be cool. The series itself just has such awesome supporting characters. Ryu, Tao Ren, and Faust were characters that I really liked and they had great designs.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Shaman King was one of my favorite anime Next to Bleach This and bleach in 2021 is a dream come true! Throw in Magi and I'll just cry!

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Just waking up to this, made my day.

The manga goes completely bonkers and falls apart in the later stages of the Shaman Fight, but as a whole it's waaay more interesting than what the anime decided to do.

And yeah Chocolove and the general treatment of women in the manga are awful, but sadly I don't think they'll change these.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Man it's been a while since i watched this on Jetix with the other Fullmetal Alchemist series, can't remember people liking the ending that much.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Holy shit what a coincidence

I was thinking about reading the manga because it's been a while, but lo and behold I hear about this.

Guess I'll wait.

But I do not remember Chocolove at all. l guess I purged it from my memory

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
New key artwork for the shaman king exhibition.
Maybe the artstyle of the 2021 anime will be similar?
43dde7e67db1706af0ef1f02ae485ac51593599954_full.jpg

Source: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...eturns-to-tokyo-with-new-displays-and-visuals

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Shaman King going to Netflix.

Please, watch this new trailer where you can hear the Goddess Megumi Hayashibara singing the new OP.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks kinda generic.

And i would have really loved new versions of oversoul and northern lights better :(