• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Shipping is free. They have also have the USB-C attachment version for the same price, but it's currently out of stock.

www.microsoft.com

Buy Xbox Wireless Controller - Microsoft Store

Experience the new Xbox Wireless Controller, designed for enhanced comfort during gameplay. Available in Robot White, Carbon Black, Shock Blue, and Pulse Red.

Also available in select colors at Amazon and Best Buy.

Last edited:

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I put an order in for the white one since I need a dedicated controller for my PC and I'm curious at how they enhanced it from the Xbone.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I vaguely remember hearing a while back that you could use Xbox credit to buy things off the Microsoft store, is that true? I've got some GameStop credit to burn and if I could just convert it to get a controller here then that would be dope

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I find the series X controller feels more cheaply made than the Xbox One controllers. Surprisingly disappointed in that. The D-Pad in particular is like a horrible clicky plastic version of the Elite D-pad.

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Good find! These are showing the same price at Best Buy now too if it's easier for people.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I vaguely remember hearing a while back that you could use Xbox credit to buy things off the Microsoft store, is that true? I've got some GameStop credit to burn and if I could just convert it to get a controller here then that would be dope
Yeah, you can use your Microsoft account balance to buy things off the Microsoft Store

01DragonFly

Chicken Chaser
Nov 9, 2017
yes you can use xbox gift cards to buy anything on the Microsoft store

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
I find the series X controller feels more cheaply made than the Xbox One controllers. Surprisingly disappointed in that. The D-Pad in particular is like a horrible clicky plastic version of the Elite D-pad.
I'm surprised there aren't more complaints about that horrible d-pad

Oct 27, 2017
Great price, and personally I like the new controller much more than the old one. Feels more well put together and sturdy. Less plastic flex and the grip is much welcomed. My partner commented that they'd drop it less because of that alone, lol.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
Good find! These are showing the same price at Best Buy now too if it's easier for people.
Best Buy says "Coming Soon" for me signed in with my account.

Edit: I just scrolled down even further and found an "add to cart" option. Weird.
Edit 2: Purchased the Shock Blue from Best Buy! I was going to wait until there was a red version since I already have a blue S controller, but the price is good and who knows when we'll get more colors. Excited for USB-C, new triggers, grip, and d-pad!

Last edited:

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Correct. I'd rather use my one controllers over the X controller that came with my system to be quite honest.
I'm so in the opposite camp. I use my Elite because of the paddles but I really like the upgraded d-pad and bumpers way more on the new controllers. Especially those bumpers which are night and day better.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Series controller is MILES better than the one controller, well not really, it's very similar, but it's strictly better imo. The grip texture, just like the dualsense, is a big step up (even over the rubber grips on the elite imo), the sticks feel better, share button of course, and the dpad is honestly the best dpad I've used in like, several generations of console. Yeah it clicks, but it's so fucking precise and feels amazing. It's weird to compare it to the elite, other than the concave shape (which is a general shape, not literally the same) it's not really similar at all.

HotStunt

Oct 27, 2017
Weird. Clicky d-pads feel less cheap to me. Preferring my Series X controller over my Elite or regular one controllers.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm surprised there aren't more complaints about that horrible d-pad

Surprised by these comments. I feel the new controller is better than the prior one in every way. Feels more solid and the clacky Dpad is perfect for stuff like Tetris. Have multiple X1 controllers, after using the Seris X version for Hotline Miami and other games, going back to the regular X1 pad just doesn't sit right.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Really don't need this since my One Controller works fine, but for that price, I think I'll bite. I do most of my gaming with Xbox controllers so figured I'd pick one of these up eventually, and I don't see these dropping much lower on future sales. Feel a bit silly paying the $5 tax for the blue version, but I like that color scheme (and I've always wanted to own a blue controller lol).
Also suppose it's possible they do a refresh with adaptive triggers in a few years making this version outdated, but guess I'll take my chances.

Glad I can still use rechargeable AA's on these as well.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised by these comments. I feel the new controller is better than the prior one in every way. Feels more solid and the clacky Dpad is perfect for stuff like Tetris. Have multiple X1 controllers, after using the Seris X version for Hotline Miami and other games, going back to the regular X1 pad just doesn't sit right.
Have you tried a fighting game or maybe streets of Rage 4 with this d-pad? It's also very noisy. Everything about the controller is perfect except from the D-Pad imo

Oct 29, 2017
I find myself using the new controller more than my series 2 elite . Feels like the response is better but idk if im buying pr or its actually having better latency

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Have you tried a fighting game or maybe streets of Rage 4 with this d-pad? It's also very noisy. Everything about the controller is perfect except from the D-Pad imo

I can definitely see the concern on the noise. Guess that's just one of those things I don't mind after years of guitar hero and the click clack there lol.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Support just credited me back 22 dollars for the controller I bought last week. Good deal. Blue is a limited edition color, which is why it's more, btw.

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting on more cool colors to come out before i hop on (i really liked some of the 2018 X1 colors, esp gray/green and blue/gray), but if that cable bundle ever comes back then i guess i have to hop on.

Has anybody tried the new controller's D-Pad with fighting games like Tekken or DragonBall FighterZ? Is it better than the X1 controller? I'm thinking about getting one so i don't have to deal with the hassle of a DS4 on my PC for action games but i want to make sure it's usable for my primary genre first.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
From my testing with the dpad in fighting games like Street Fighter 2 and Street Fighter Alpha, i found the Series dpad to be absolutely remarkable. I was able to perform special and super motions with relative ease (even Gief's notoriously difficult SPD motion in SF2). The dpad isn't that much louder than an arcade stick, but i can see why it's annoying to some of you.
Has anybody tried the new controller's D-Pad with fighting games like Tekken or DragonBall FighterZ? Is it better than the X1 controller? I'm thinking about getting one so i don't have to deal with the hassle of a DS4 on my PC for action games but i want to make sure it's usable for my primary genre first.
The XB1 dpad is a good basic dpad, but it's absolute crap for fighting games that require rolling motions. The Series dpad pretty much blows it away, and i dare say it's a strong contender for best dpad.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Tempting but I'll pass for now cuz I'm strapped after the console/splurge for some games. Gonna just have to use AAs in tandem with my charge pack coming in.

Oct 25, 2017
From my testing with the dpad in fighting games like Street Fighter 2 and Street Fighter Alpha, i found the Series dpad to be absolutely remarkable. I was able to perform special and super motions with relative ease (even Gief's notoriously difficult SPD motion in SF2). The dpad isn't that much louder than an arcade stick, but i can see why it's annoying to some of you.
The XB1 dpad is a good basic dpad, but it's absolute crap for fighting games that require rolling motions. The Series dpad pretty much blows it away, and i dare say it's a strong contender for best dpad.
That's... very reassuring. I got similar impressions from vids I've watched, so this is good news for me.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I do like the XSX controller better vs Xbone or PS4 ones. I actually like the clicky dpad as well. So this is tempting... but I already have 3 x Xbox controllers (regular, Grey and PowerA with paddles, 2 x PS4, and XSX/PS5 ones.

I also really like the PS5 controller and Steam support for it is coming along nicely. So I think I will wait, but if I didn't have a bunch of last gen controllers already, I would jump on the deal.

Searsy82

May 13, 2019

This has been my experience as well.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Been getting tired of bluetooth issues with my current controller and have been wanting to get that adapter so went ahead and grabbed that myself.
I had lotsa Bluetooth connection issues with my XB1 and Switch Procon on PC. Upgrading to a Bluetooth 5.0 adapter fixed most of my issues.